“Respectable Property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson at The University of Toledo

You added Radisson at The University of Toledo to your Saves list
Radisson at The University of Toledo
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3100 Glendale Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614 (Formerly Hilton Toledo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Toledo
Seattle, WA
“Respectable Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was in Toldeo for business and this was deemed the best property. The rooms were nicely appointed and the the hotel lobby shows the redecorating that is ongoing and necessary for the rooms. Nice bathroom ammenities but the bathrooms are tiny. I was pleasantly surpirsed to find a lighted make up mirror! Nice touch. Beid was comfy and linens were very nice. Staff was accomodating and pleasant. Hallways and lobby need airconditioning desperately. You leave your room and the humidity is overwhelming. This is the hotel if you have to stay in Toledo. I expect that when rennovations are complete, it will be a lovely property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I spent one night here and it was enjoyable. It appears to be an older hotel that has had room renovations. The service was excellent. I was checked in early without hassle since the room was ready. The king bed was very comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean. The hotel is in the middle of what appears to be a medical school campus so it was quiet and I had a good night's sleep, however, you are not really close to anything and definitely need a car to go anywhere. All in all, good value for money and I'll return the next time I stay in Toledo.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is the first time I've stayed at the Toledo Hilton but I'm expecting it will be my home away from home for a while. I found the rooms very clean and updated. You can tell that the building is an older building (I don't remember the last time I've seen wood doors in a hotel!) but the facility appears to have been updated. There is access to a small exercise room, a pool and a hot tub and there is free access to the adjacent very large health club. The restaurant/bar was nice and there is an all you can eat buffet available in the morning (and I've been told at lunch as well). It's a nice, quiet area and I'm looking forward to returning! The staff are some very friendly people and I already feel at home here...The steak in the restaurant is much better than I would expect from a hotel...it was a pleasant surprise1

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ramadabrandon, Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for leaving us a review, good or bad. Each review gives us a chance to critique what we do well, and gives us an opprotunity to fix those very rare occasions when we may not totally statisfy our guests.
We are very excited about hosting you for the duration of your time in Toledo. We take great pride in our facility and it shows! From the staff in the restaurant to the our wonderful housekeeping staff, you see nothing but pride and a willingness to exceed our guests level of excellence. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance to you in the future.
Thanks again,
The Staff and Management
The Hilton Toledo
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have several business trips back to Toledo. Last time, I stayed in this hotel on December 2011. I don’t have any problem. When I’m coming back this time, I have a bad experience. There are bed bugs in my room.
I’m so tired after my trip. Check in around 10PM and I immediately go to bed. When I woke up on the morning, I found out that I have beg bug bites on my arm and my back. I called the front desk and let them know that there are bed bugs in my room. The front desk manager’s response, ‘They asked the company Terminix to check the room and there is no problem in that room”. I have to change another hotel.

I still have red marks on my arm and my back. I’m still ITCHING.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ramadabrandon, Front Office Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave your comments about your stay.
Without having a record of who this guest is, it is quite hard to determine the exact incident.
Because of the very rare nature of this type of probelm at this property, I can only assume that this case refers to early March 2012.
At that point in time the room was inspected by Terminex and no bugs were located on both inspections including the inspection while the guest was in house and after the guest had departed. This guest was contacted and notified of the outcome of the investigation by Terminex.

Thank you once again. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.
Brandon West
Front Office Manager
Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Checkin was fast and friendly. As always, had requested a quite room which I was given.

Got room at top floor which was both spacious and in good condition.

Tried the Managers Reception which is from 05.30 to 07.00. One free beer or wine + plus fingerfood. This was nice, but not as fantastic as someone else has written in another review.

WIFI was free but a bit slow.

Tried the pool in the morning which was great. Nice warm water and not crowded.

Breakfast was great with eggs cooked to order. Noted the breakfast room was rather small compared to the number of rooms of this hotel. However, at the time I went there it was plenty of room and got my eggs within reasonable time.

All in all a good stay and I would probably go here again.

South Lyon, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

horrible night!!! Refused to give my family extra towels, the rooms were dirty, elevator was broken. The hotel restraunt was dirty too and the food was terrible.
the front desk charged our credit card several times and fraudulent charges appeared also. Never stay here

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I travel weekly for work and love staying at this property. The employees of this hotel are AMAZING, as they always go above and beyond for their guests! As a HHDiamond member, I am appreciative of the added perks the hotel offers to show their appreciation of guest loyalty.

The manager's reception in the evening is the best I've experienced at any Hilton property. The restaurant serves delicious offerings for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you dine at the 31Hundred for dinner, I highly recommend the sea bass - delicious! As someone who is heavily into fitness, the affiliation with the YMCA is my second determinant of choosing this property.

In short, it's the best hotel in Toledo!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Radisson at The University of Toledo? Share your experiences!