“Concert Weekend” 3 of 5 stars

Plan ahead and save 15%
Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Toledo
“Concert Weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

First time staying at this hotel. My daughter and I stayed here because it was close to the Huntington Center. Checked in early! The staff was very helpful! I asked a TON of questions. Our king room,on the 15th floor, was great. The view was amazing. I liked that we were able to park in the lot under the hotel. Very easy to get in and out. The walk to and from the concert was also easy since it was inside.
TWO BIG CONCERNS: First, the entrance from the garage does not require a room key, not safe! Safety should be a concern. Also, the entrance from Seagate back into the hotel didn't need a room key to open the door. Two big red flags for me with my teenage daughter. ANYONE could enter and go unnoticed.THIS needs to be addressed. Second, after the concert, we arrived on our floor. The lights in the common area were off AT 10:15. My daughter was scared and uncomfortable. Again, if anyone can enter your building going unnoticed and without a key then this if a BIG concern. Address these safety issues. I would stay again BUT the safety issues would need to be addressed.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New Castle, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The only way I would recommend this hotel is if you have to be at the Seagate Convention Center. The lobby has been renovated and is nice and the bar, while the ambiance is that of a 70's bowling alley, has reasonable prices and good service. The floor I was on (4th) had just had new carpet laid and the glue smell was overpowering. The smell in the room was ok but there was just a mattress on a wood platform with a plastic mattress cover and too small sheets. The pillows and comforter were new but sleep quality was not good. The TV was an old fashioned tube TV in an armoire and the remote looked as if it had been run over by a truck (they did come promptly and replace the remote when I called). There is no in room safe and you really have to search for plugs for your chargers. The parking garage is on property but charges will not be on your hotel bill, making for a 45 minute wait while everyone from the convention we were attending tries to depart and pay at once. If you don't need the convenience of the attached convention center, I would recommend using the Hampton or Holiday Inn Express a few miles out of town.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room with a new mattress and a flat screen TV. I'm told they do exist.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Edward C, Front Office Manager at Park Inn Toledo, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. I have shared your concerns with our management team. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations if you are ever in the area again.
Tampa, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed this past wknd with my 3 boys. This hotel is connected to Seagate Center downtown, if U need to be close. Property is kinda "dead" to be a downtown (Radisson) hotel-felt like we were the only guests....but hey, it is Toledo! Be advised that there is a $10/day parking fee, however, they do allow in & out privileges, which is nice I guess.My fridge was in the room, as requested when I booked. The only negative comment I have is that I told housekeeping I didn't need service, just fresh towels....but after I left for the day, she came in anyways, left a note saying she couldn't make the beds because we had stuff on it-but they also didn't clean the tub because it was still dirty from the bath that I gave the boys the night before! (side-eye)

• Stayed February 2014
Beavercreek, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My family stayed at the Park Inn because it is attached to the Seagate Centre (gymnastic meet). It was very nice to be able to park in the garage, stay in the hotel room and go to the meet without having to drive or go outside. The room smelled very good and was clean. The beds were comfortable. Even though the breakfast in the restaurant was not free, it was very good with many choices. It was a nice stay and will stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Wakeman, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Get a view of the river from your room and enjoy! The beds are so comfortable and room was very clean. We stayed here twice now, both times on New Year's Eve and took advantage of the free shuttle to and from the casino. They don't have free continental breakfast but the restaurant and bar were both very nice and reasonably priced. There is plenty to do in the area - I wish we'd have stayed for the whole weekend! Even in the winter the view of the river was spectacular!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a view of the river - the higher your floor the better!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Tiffin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed here after the Lady Antebellum concert, first time to stay at the Park Inn. We were, for the most part, very pleased with the hotel. Yes, the room décor was old, but was very clean, which is more important to us. Nicely furnished. The bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. We had a 13th floor, river view room. Fabulous view of the river and river front, I just wish it had been summer instead of winter. Yes, the TV was an old tube type, but we didn't stay here to watch TV. Can't speak to the internet speed as I don't trust any public Wi-Fi connection. Virtually every member of the staff we had contact with, whether hotel or restaurant, was nice, friendly and helpful. Food in the restaurant was, for the most part, good. I had General Tso chicken, which was very good, but was served with white rice, which I thought was a little lame. My wife wanted a glass of Pinot Grigio but was told they were out. What self respecting bar is ever "out" of a staple like Pinot Grigio. There is a parking garage in the basement and another across the street which is connected via a covered walkway. Seagate Center is attached and Huntington Center is connected through enclosed walkways, so you don't have to go outside to get there. Fifth Third field is half a block away. Imagination Station is about a two block walk. In other words, it's a great downtown location. The short of it is, it's not the Waldorf Astoria, but it is very nice. We will stay there again and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask if a river view room is available, it's the best view in the building.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Came for a concert at Huntington Center. Staff was wonderful! Ed at the desk went above and beyond to replace batteries in my daughter's flashlight friend (catastrophe averted) and the restraint staff was excellent! We only stayed one night, rooms were clean/nice. Location for Huntington Center was perfect. Only complaint is that the doors are always open and anyone can walk in and get on the elevators to the rooms. Wish elevators required room key to get on because we did have to ride up with a man that appeared like he did not belong there and he was just riding the elevator up and down with no clear destination.

• Stayed January 2014

Been to Park Inn Toledo? Share your experiences!