“Needs Updated” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Toledo
Lanesville, Indiana
“Needs Updated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was staying at this hotel for a convention, the hotel wasn't prepared for such a large convention coming to town. The hotel restaurant was out of Caesar dressing, French onion soup, and Pepsi. The servers while friendly were very slow, it took 30+ minutes just to get our check. The carpet in the restaurant was so old it was bubbled up in places and the decor was straight out of the 90's. The hotel room needs updates as well, the TV was so old the remote didn’t work properly, my iron didn't work, I asked for a new one and the new one didn’t work, after 3 irons, I finally got a properly functioning iron. My shower didn’t work and after getting the shower fixed, the water pressure was so low you could hardly rinse your hair. Then I stepped on something sharp and look only to see a dirty toe nail!! The bathroom floors looked like they hadn’t been cleaned in years the grout was brown.

The only thing positive about my stay was Patrick, I am not sure of his last name but he was a bell man at the front door. Patrick was the one I expressed all of my concerns to, and he took care of the problems and reported them to the proper person, then offered us breakfast and orange juice or coffee. And the next time he seen me he made a point to come and talk to me to see if my issues had been addressed! Patrick was great, and he should be recognized for it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Elizabeth M, Front Office Manager at Park Inn Toledo, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Ms. Pirtle,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

On behalf of our entire staff at Park Inn by Radisson we apologize for all of the issues you encountered during your stay. I am happy to see that Patrick took good care of you and was able to rectify the problems. All of your concerns have already been passed along to the Housekeeping and Restaurant Managers and they are working hard to ensure these issues are corrected.

Liz Mattiuz
Front Office Manager
Park Inn by Radisson
419-321-2003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

After reading some negative reviews, I had the chance to stay . The rooms were a little outdated, but they were clean and functional, not to mention great views. It was a great location for doing anything in downtown Toledo. Perfect for a Mud Hens or Walleye game. Perfect for a show at the Huntington Arena, or in my case, a trade show. I travel to many trade shows and conventions, and this is the most Convenient . Almost at door covered parking, walk up a few steps your in the lobby, walk up just a few more steps and there is the exhibition hall. Great staff, thanks to Patrick at the bell desk, Enid behind the front desk and Auggie in food service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Clinton Township, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Ok I admit it is dated. But going to Toledo for an event it looked to be in the perfect location, and bonus, it was dog friendly (even large dog friendly!). At check-in, Enid made me smile. She's a great asset to this place. She was funny, informative and efficient. We got a good room on the 14th floor overlooking the river. Room was clean, albiet dated, and the bed was very comfortable, . We had to laugh at the old style tv. It looked like the one we pitched in the garbage last year. The staff was very helpful with restaurant suggestions and offered on numerous occasions to drive us if we wanted to venture out for dinner. All in all, had a great experience and plan to return for some Mud Hens games this summer.

Room Tip: Get a top floor!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
wi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel had slow check-in, blah decor, terrible breakfast, and somewhat dis-spirited staff. My room had a great view of the Snapper's Field. That was fantastic to see. Granted it was November and blah outside, too, but there were rumors that the hotel was going to be sold and closed for renovation. I hope so, because I don't like a hotel who lives on its location and every thing else isn't attended to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Snapper Field--it is a lovely sight!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

we ask for king bed on a high floor when planning trip. We got two beds on high floor. We what the shuttle to bring us back from hollywood and had to take a cab so we and thcould pget back to the hotel. Breakfast was nasty. And the doors to get i. With our belongs sucked. The only thing we liked was our view.

• Stayed December 2012
Edinboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during a Friday evening using a great deal from Priceline. The hotel was very easy to find and not a problem with checking in even though two other events were going on at/or near the hotel. I was happy with the underground parking that allowed access right into the elevator at the bottom of the hotel! Very helpful with three little kids and lots of suitcases. The staff was VERY willing to honor my request not only for a view of the river but also for a floor above 12. I asked for this based on previous Tripadvisor reviews! The beds were quite comfortable and extra linens were stacked nicely in the closet. We didn't have any noise problems the whole evening. I was very pleased with the staff assisting us with a "good pizza recommendation" at eleven o'clock at night. After having our kids out at the Toldeo Zoo for the "Light Up the Night" event, we came back starving and not sure of where to get "good" food at such a late hour. We were very pleased with our recommendation. We even ordered a foldaway cot which was the nicest I have seen in years. It was comfortable and arrived literally within 2 minutes of me calling the front desk. Only problem I can say was the water pressure changing from warm to scalding when another room would access their water (i.e. flush or turn their shower on). It only happened during "prime" shower time. (8 a.m. - 9:30 a.m) For the mom in the room who showered at 5:30 a.m...there were NO water problems at all. I would stay here again if I were to head to Toledo again, which we may do once we saw how nice the Toledo Mudhens stadium was right behind the hotel!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Petoskey, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We like to stay with in walking distance to downtown , but next time we might reconsider. The beds in our room were very small and the bathroom needed to be cleaned a little better or updated. I also kept finding long blond hairs in the towels. I have short dark hair so I know they were not mine. The water pressure however was very good. The thing that annoyed us was the $11 dollar a day parking. Any other hotel in town doesn't charge for parking. Next time it might be better to find a hotel in s surrounding area and just come downtown for night life.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Park Inn Toledo? Share your experiences!