“Lookin' Run Down” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Toledo
wi
“Lookin' Run Down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel had slow check-in, blah decor, terrible breakfast, and somewhat dis-spirited staff. My room had a great view of the Snapper's Field. That was fantastic to see. Granted it was November and blah outside, too, but there were rumors that the hotel was going to be sold and closed for renovation. I hope so, because I don't like a hotel who lives on its location and every thing else isn't attended to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Snapper Field--it is a lovely sight!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

we ask for king bed on a high floor when planning trip. We got two beds on high floor. We what the shuttle to bring us back from hollywood and had to take a cab so we and thcould pget back to the hotel. Breakfast was nasty. And the doors to get i. With our belongs sucked. The only thing we liked was our view.

• Stayed December 2012
Edinboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during a Friday evening using a great deal from Priceline. The hotel was very easy to find and not a problem with checking in even though two other events were going on at/or near the hotel. I was happy with the underground parking that allowed access right into the elevator at the bottom of the hotel! Very helpful with three little kids and lots of suitcases. The staff was VERY willing to honor my request not only for a view of the river but also for a floor above 12. I asked for this based on previous Tripadvisor reviews! The beds were quite comfortable and extra linens were stacked nicely in the closet. We didn't have any noise problems the whole evening. I was very pleased with the staff assisting us with a "good pizza recommendation" at eleven o'clock at night. After having our kids out at the Toldeo Zoo for the "Light Up the Night" event, we came back starving and not sure of where to get "good" food at such a late hour. We were very pleased with our recommendation. We even ordered a foldaway cot which was the nicest I have seen in years. It was comfortable and arrived literally within 2 minutes of me calling the front desk. Only problem I can say was the water pressure changing from warm to scalding when another room would access their water (i.e. flush or turn their shower on). It only happened during "prime" shower time. (8 a.m. - 9:30 a.m) For the mom in the room who showered at 5:30 a.m...there were NO water problems at all. I would stay here again if I were to head to Toledo again, which we may do once we saw how nice the Toledo Mudhens stadium was right behind the hotel!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Petoskey, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We like to stay with in walking distance to downtown , but next time we might reconsider. The beds in our room were very small and the bathroom needed to be cleaned a little better or updated. I also kept finding long blond hairs in the towels. I have short dark hair so I know they were not mine. The water pressure however was very good. The thing that annoyed us was the $11 dollar a day parking. Any other hotel in town doesn't charge for parking. Next time it might be better to find a hotel in s surrounding area and just come downtown for night life.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The lobby area was large and nice. The room was not too large, but comfortable. Furniture was a little old, but bed was comfortable. Bathroom was fine, plenty of hot water and water pressure. Walls are a little thin, so noise easily passed through. Food in the restaurant was very good and very reasonably priced. Large portions and varied selection to fit any taste. Staff members Parking is in the convention center parking lot adjacent to the hotel and is $11 per day if you add it to the bill; but if you come and go, you pay each time you leave. Shuttle available to take you to airport or other close by venues. Easy access to I-75.

Room Tip: Nice view of the river from the front side of the hotel if you get a higher up room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Enid who checked us in was most helpful as well as Donnie who took our reservations by phone.Lovely view of the river. Convenient to fine downtown restaurants. Easy underground parking. Would stay here again. A great value as well

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Grabill
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at the Park Inn as a part of the casino package. Room was OK,(yes the TV's are very old), but the shuttle system to the casino was a mess. Took almost 40 minutes to get there and the shuttle was 45 minutes late picking us up. We stood out in the cold waiting and didn't even get an "I'm sorry for being late" from the driver. Breakfast the next morning was even worse. We ordered omletts and after waiting for almost an hour they finally told us they were burnt and one had been made wrong anyway. No apology, no reduced price offer, heck I couldn't even get my diet coke refilled hardly. Needless to say we were fairly glad to get out of the Park Inn before something else happened!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth M, Front Office Manager at Park Inn Toledo, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I apologize for the concerns you shared about our property. I will make sure to speak with both my shuttle driver and my kitchen staff to ensure these same issues don't continue to happen. I appreciate your feedback and will use it to continue to improve the hotel. If you should need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to me. I would be happy to help. Thanks!

Been to Park Inn Toledo? Share your experiences!