“Excellent Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Toledo
Chardon, Ohio
“Excellent Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Chose this location to be within walking distance to the Huntington Center for a Cirque Di Soleil show but was concerned about some of the negative reviews I had read.
All in all - it was a good place to stay. Our 10th floor king corner room was truly clean. The view of the riverfront and beyond was beautiful. Staff were helpful and courteous. The restaurant on premises did a fine job with service and food quality. No major complaints.
Was it a stunning stay? No. But it was completely satisfactory for our two night stay.
Could not hear noise from other rooms. Housekeeping responded quickly to requests but did not clean the room until we arranged a good time with the front desk. Parking was convenient and lobby was welcoming and bright.
Easy distance to Toledo Museum of Art and the Toledo Zoo - two of our favs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
ramadabrandon, Manager at Park Inn Toledo, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I am delighted to see that your stay with us went as well as planned. It is our goal to serve each guest beyond their expectations and I am glad to share your comments with the rest of our staff. As with any guest, we welcome feeedback on how good or bad we are doing so that we may critque our processes and fine tune our facility to meet the needs of our guests.
Brandon West, Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Greater Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was here on business so I didn't pay for anything. I appreciated the location of the hotel. It is a good point to walk to various downtown Toledo destinations from and it is close to the Maumee River. It was attacked to the convention center that I was attending.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ramadabrandon, Manager at Park Inn Toledo, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you taking some time out of your busy day to leave us your review of our facility. Weather it is good news or bad, we take our reviews very seriously and present them to our Management staff so issues that happened in the past do in fact stay in the past. I am fairly new to my position, but it is quite clear that we are on the road to pleasing every guest while making sure their stay is a comfortable and producitve one.

All the best,

Brandon D. West, Rooms DIvision Manager, The Park Inn Toledo
DeKalb, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Our room, which was located conveniently downtown, and had a nice view of the river, had some issues. First, there were places where the wallpaer was peeling up, not really a big deal. Secondly, there was what appeared to be a bloody booger on our window, which added to our viewing pleasure. :)

Finally, and most concerning and I'm kicking myself for not doing something at that moment,...some hotels, instead of cleaning a room, will spray the room, and in particular beds and pillows with a disinfectant. Our room had been clearly done that way. Some people are sensitive to it, some aren't. I just happen to be.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The view from the rooms are great. The location to the Mudhens ballpark is perfect. But this hotel is in real need of some deep cleaning.

Internet was very very slow.
Restaurant servers need some help in customer service as well

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I was in town with my husband for a concert on 4/27/12. Although dated, the room was pretty good... bed comfy, clean... except when I went to use the bathroom, lifted the lid and found urine in the toilet. Gross!!! Was it not cleaned? Did the maid use it?? I called down to the front desk and the man I spoke with said "that's odd" and that they would speak with housekeeping. I MIGHT stay here again but that was not pleasant. Oh and we didn't like having to pay for parking. I understand it's connected to the convention center so ok, maybe you charge folks coming in for a concert/event. But for those paying to stay overnight in your hotel I feel parking should be comped... ijs

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We went to Toledo for a concert on 4/28. Made reservations in advance for $119+, requesting a dbl room on the river side. Upon arrival I reminded the reservationist of our request and she said no problem. Went to the 13th floor to find that she had us in the back of the hotel. Went back down and they changed us to the river view, as requested. When we arrived in the room, again, there was a 6-pack of beer in the room and 3 in the ice bucket. We then noticed the pillows and bed had been layed on and after I used the rest room and there was a used razor on the sink. I quickly called the front desk, thinking there was someone else checked in here. We waited in the hall for 15 min. and someone finally came up to let us in the room next door. The room was fine, location right, but getting in the shower the next day I found an used wash cloth hanging in the shower. I asked to speak to the manager at check-out, after waiting 5 min. for her, she waited on someone else first and then listened to my complaint. A manager, who looked at the computer the entire time I talked to her and said, "sorry, I will let them know". That was it!! Poor management and terrible front desk manners.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The old song John Denver did called "Saturday Night in Toledo Ohio" had it right...this is like being nowhere at all. No restaurant ("They only open if the occupancy looks good."), No functioning in-room movies ("The engineer has gone home for the day."). No advance copy of the bill upon checkout, no newspapers, no coffee in the lobby. No anything. I will not be back. On the up side, the property was clean and certainly quiet (no guests to make it dirty or noisy, I guess.)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Park Inn Toledo? Share your experiences!