“Excellent Meal - Excellent View!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center

You added Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   444 N Summit Street, Toledo, OH 43604 (Formerly Grand Plaza Hotel Downtown Toledo)   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Toledo
Toledo, Ohio
“Excellent Meal - Excellent View!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

This review is specific to the Del Sol restaurant in the ground level of the hotel. I reserved a window view section of the restaurant for an office holiday celebration and coordinated everything with the help of Lynn who could not have been more pleasant and easy to work with. The Valet's, Bartender, Wait Staff, and even the hotel GM came out to greet our party and ensure our meal, service, and stay was enjoyable. The food was excellent, portions were huge, and the view of Downtown Toledo overlooking the Maumee River near sunset could not have been more quaint for a office holiday get together. I would definitely dine here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Upon my arrival to the front desk, the receptionist was on her personal cell phone while I stood there for two minutes before she acknowledged my presence. The room was easily accessible and upon an initial glance seemed nice.

Recent renovations were apparent and some done poorly or not finished very professionally. Paying $16 for valet parking was unexpected, but was comped after waiting for 45 minutes for the hotel shuttle to pick me up at the casino.

My girlfriend and I were very worried upon hearing why it took so long. Apparently, a function that was going on at the hotel got out of hand and a gun was pulled on someone and a brawl broke out. When we arrived back, people were blocking the entrance and wouldn't move for us to enter.

My lady felt leary about staying, so we checked out as soon as we packed and found a different hotel far away from downtown.

• Stayed December 2014
Chad C, General Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Peaksisland1,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at the hotel. Your safety is a top priority and due to the large group attending a function at the hotel this past week, uniformed police officers were present during the entire event. Unfortunately you were given wrong information about the event at the hotel. It was however a busy night at the hotel which did cause a delay in providing efficient valet service. Our staff are also not permitted to be on cell phones during work hours and we will be following up with that particular individual.

We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will give us a second opportunity to make a better first impression. This was an isolated case and I know that we can exceed your expectations when you return.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff was very friendly but the beds and pillows need to be replaced. Nice location and great bartenders! Would like a closer parking besides valet parking. We would stay here again and go to Tony Packos again!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Bardstown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently spent the night there for the ARCA Truck banquet. It was not a good experience. The heat did not work. I called the front desk and was told someone would be up to check it. After a 45 minute I called again and was told there was a problem with the system on that end of the hotel and the engineer was working on it. I asked the young lady to call me when it was fixed since we had the thermostat cut off. I never received a phone call. Then next morning there was still only cold air coming from the vent and the room temp was 58. I asked if we could get another room and was told none were available. The commode in the bath room didn't want to shut off as well. Overall a bad experience. I complained at check out and got $20 knocked off the bill....I don't think I should have even been charged. I glad we will not be going back again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Rick D, General Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Rose,

I am very sorry that your recent stay at our Grand Plaza Hotel in Toledo did not meet or exceed your expectations. We here at the Grand Plaza Love the Arca Truck Series and look forward to your Banquet every year! Our goal is always complete guest satisfaction. Your comments will be looked into and corrected. Thank you for taking the time to bring your situation to my attention! It is through concerned guests like you that we continue to grow and improve.
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

I was only crashing out in the room for a few hours while driving from point A to B, otherwise I wouldn't have stayed. The cover from the HVAC unit was detached from the wall. When I went over to investigate I found trash that housekeeping didn't remove. The paint was chipping off of the bathroom door and there was toilet paper stuck to the bottom of it. The sink basis was cracked. There was mold in the grout and on the bathroom caulk. I sent over about 12 photos after my stay via email and no one cared to write back. Staff was pretty good at check in and it is a good location. Was once a grand hotel, now needs cash to bring it back around.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Brian J,

I am very sorry about your disappointing stay with us at the Grand Plaza Hotel in Toledo Ohio. Our goal is always guest satisfaction and when we fall short of that expectation we do take it very seriously. I also want to apologize that no one responded to your email! I never received an email with pictures, but would welcome you to send them to me directly, that I can correct the issues in your pictures.

It is through concerned guests like you that we continue to improve, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

The room was clean. The beds comfortable. Plenty of pillows.
Now the bad. The phone did not work. An honest mistake from the front desk overcharged us but took 3 weeks before the hotel corrected it. No response from the accounting department.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Rick D, General Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
Dear rfmiller9867,

i am very sorry to hear it took so long to correct the billing issues. I would very much like to follow up and see where our process broke down so that we can correct it. Any information you can provide would be helpful.

We know you have many choices when choosing a place to stay, and appreciate your loyalty. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

We stayed at the Grand Plaza twice in the month of October. Both our stays were comfortable and we had no issues. I really appreciated the fact that they gave us breakfast coupons for our girls, allowed us to park our bus right in front of the hotel and had all the keys named and ready when we got there. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the downtown Toledo area. :)

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Cassie W.

Thank you so much for your great review. We love our sports teams! Pat, our group rooms coordinator takes great pride in making sure all of the details are taken care of for our groups! Your teams were a dream to work with and we appreciate everyones spirit.

We hope to see you back soon!

Been to Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!