“It was OK....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   444 N Summit Street, Toledo, OH 43604 (Formerly Grand Plaza Hotel Downtown Toledo)   |
Ranked #11 of 16 hotels in Toledo
Clyde, Ohio
“It was OK....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Checked in by a lady...Vernanna? Was obviously talking on the phone to a friend, I had to wait for her to finish up the giddy conversation before I could check in. Valet was slow and watched me struggle to unload my baggage. Room was very clean to my surprise after reading some reviews, view was nice. Restaurant was closed for lunch, that sucked. I could smell some type of rotting food near the ice machine that did not work on my floor. I went to another floor where it didn't work also. A nice young lady Amanda offered to bring me ice back to my room and was back 30secs after me!!! Talk about speedy service!! I might stay again, I just hope my first impression would be better!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Rick D, General Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Sara L,
Thank you for taking time to evaluate us on trip advisor. It is through concerned guests giving us feedback that we are able to continue to improve our guests experience. All employees mentioned have be appropriately recognized. we have been on the look out for the foul and mysterious odor you mentioned, but as of yet, we have been unable to find.

Thank you for choosing us to be your home away from home while in Toledo, and we would love to take care of you on your next trip through Toledo.

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was here on business and this was my first time at this hotel. From the moment I checked in the front desk was really friendly and actually used my name. I thought the place looked good and my room had a wonderful view and was comfortable and clean. I really was surprised of the value and frindlyness of the staff. I would come back for sure... Ask for a room with a view as at night it is really nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rick D, General Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Jana,
Thank you for choosing us to be your Home away from Home! We are always striving to improve our guests experience while with us. Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback. We really do value our guests!
We hope that if life brings you back into the Toledo area, you will again choose to stay with us!

Again, Thank you!
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Maybe it was the time of year, maybe the very cold weather, but there was nothing happening at the hotel or in the town.
very quite, the hotel was ok, rooms pretty standard, staff very friendly.
breakfast choice a little basic and dinner quiet.
its in a good downtown location , but dont expect to get a cab, they are few and far between.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rick D, General Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your review!
January in Toledo Ohio is a very quiet time of year.
We are very glad that you chose us to be your home away from home, and look forward to being able to serve you again!
Owosso, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We thought the hotel was really pretty, the kids loved the pool. It was a good location central to everything. Check in was great however, the valet was not run well. We waited a long time, maybe it was just an off night when we checked in. The hotel was COLD in all the main spaces except the pool area. Be very careful not to sit stuff on your windowsill it gets very cold and very wet. Price was reasonable, breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences here at the Grand Plaza Hotel. It is through constructive observations we are able to continue to keep improving ourselves. I apologize the public area's were a bit chilly during your stay. We hope to again be able to serve as your home away from home on your next visit.
Prescott Valley, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed here on a Sunday evening. Check in was excellent. Expedia had made an error on the billing side; however, the gentleman working the front desk was very courteous and understanding and allowed a hassle free check in. The room I stayed in was a corner room on the third floor with a view of the river. The room was recently upgrade and acceptable; however, there were opened bars of soap in the bathroom and no shampoo or condition. There is no parking at this property and I was charged $16 to have the valet drive my vehicle 15ft and it was parked in front of the hotel (occupancy was very low). I went to the bar for a few drinks around 8:30 and I seemed to greatly inconvenience them. They were supposed to stay open until 10:00pm; however; they closed at 9:00pm.

The positives? This is a very convenient location to Huntington Arena and Fifth Third Ballpark. I went to a Walleye game and it was a great minor league hockey experience. The internet also worked very well. This hotel is worth about $70/night if you can get it for that amount; otherwise, you are overpaying for the product.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay. I have shared your comments with the appropriate team members. Let me be the first to apologize that anyone made you feel as if you are any thing less that extremely welcome. Our guests are the reason we do what we do. We have put your comments to good use so that we can continue to improve our services, and appreciate you taking your time to help us with that task.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Loved everything about this hotel!! Making reservations was the easiest I have ever made for a hotel. When we arrived, the valet greeted us and helped carry in our bags through the doors. Front desk was exceptional with their smiling faces. Loved the idea of key card access to the guestroom floors, it provided us with extra security. Once we arrived in our guestroom, loved the view of the river and the lights of the nearby bridges. Very nice for downtown Toledo area. Everything was superb and I would highly recommend the hotel again to other out of town guests. I'll be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We strive for complete guest satisfaction. We look forward to being able to take care of you on your next stay in the Toledo area.
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Our recent stay on New Years Eve was fair at best. We couldn't get the heat under control in the room and the temp was almost 80! The valet parking was a joke - particularly on such a cold, cold night. AND - I didn't notice this until the drive home but I had bug bites on the inside of my arm. Check the beds before you settle in.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking time to write about your most recent stay with us at the Grand Plaza Hotel. I woud like to apologize for any problems you had during your stay. It is through guest coments such as yours that we are able to contually improve our services!

Been to Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!