“No organization” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center

You added Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   444 N Summit Street, Toledo, OH 43604 (Formerly Grand Plaza Hotel Downtown Toledo)   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Toledo
Belleville, Michigan
“No organization”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Seems like it was lacking someone in charge, staff was nice but not enough of them understaffed,huge place with nothing in it, you walk around and have to find out things for yourself, go in the aqua lounge and no one around, place has nothing. That's why you see people with coolers,no vending machines even and not that clean,run down. Lightening bad in rooms,toilet ran and air very loud. Needs to update,very disappointed,plus even with discounts high price for nothing! I recommend find someplace else, or throw your money away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DOSToledo, Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Sharon E,

Thank you for your review and comments. It is very clear that we did not provide you with the experience you were hoping for during your visit to the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza. Your comments are appreciated as we are striving to enhance the overall guest experience in downtown Toledo. I hope that you will contact me at dos@bwtoledo.com so that I might be able to share one of our new Toledo packages with you, in hopes that the next time you venture to the Toldedo area, you will choose the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was extremely displeased with this hotel. The staff,however, was very helpful and friendly. The conditions of this hotel are terrible,though. The shower had mold all around it. The staff did everything they could to resolveit.But, this hotel has not been well maintained and there is nothing the staff can do to resolve this without major investments in renovation in this hotel. The chair in the room had numerous stains. The bed was dirty. Best Western must have very low standards for a Premier hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear David L,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are proud to be a member of the Best Western Premier family of hotels. We are in the final phases of a complete hotel renovation/upgrade and are sorry that you experienced such poor accommodations. I can promise you that if you choose to stay with us during your next visit to the Toledo area, you will be pleased with your surroundings. Feel free to contact me at dos@bwtoledo.com to make your future reservation and I would be happy to provide you with a complimentary upgrade.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Room, location & view all fine. Ordered room service and since they had nachos on the menu I asked if they could do a taco salad instead and you'd have thought I asked for some exotic foreign delicacy. It was weird. I ordered a glass of wine with the request to pay for it separately since I'm traveling for work, and that was a major project too. Wifi was completely non-functioning. When you press the "front desk" button on the phone, you get your room's voice mail and when I finally reached someone (I called the restaurant just to get a person), the response (*sigh* "Did you press zero?") made it clear that this was not a fluke with my room's phone. Nowhere in the guest services book does it indicate how to reach the front desk. When I finally reached the desk and asked if the wifi was out, the response was, "I don't think so...it's fine down here...but then, down here we have a landline. Our wifi is usually pretty slow though." Then he said he'd call their "engineers" about it, but I never heard back and wifi never worked. Coffee maker was disgusting...I'll be visiting Starbucks in the morning, thanks. All in all, nothing really horrifying - well, except the coffee maker - but lots of annoyances and a general lack of professionalism that will make frequent business travelers like me elect to go elsewhere next time.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear CleveChick,

It goes without saying that we owe you an apology for what you experienced during your stay at the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza last month. Your review is very important to us and has been shared with our Executive Management team to make sure that no other guest encounters the poor services which you encountered. I hope that you will contact me at dos@bwtoledo.com so that I can possibly make this up to you somehow. We want to welcome you back and prove to you that we provide the hospitality you are expecting and deserve.
Sterling Heights, Michigan, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everyone was so curtious Front desk, valet, resturant, and housekeeping. Had a great room with a wonderful view of the water and bridges. I felt relaxed and safe in this hotel, and would recommend to friends for a nice getaway. Close to attractions too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Pamela B,

Thank you for you kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza. It is so nice to be able to reward our staff with your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza.
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding in a block of rooms booked for the event. The staff was very nice but the hotel is in horrible shape. Out of our group of 10 rooms, four had burnt out lights in the bathroom so you could barely see. When this was called into maintenance they ignored the do not disturb sign and walked in on my Grandma changing. Even with the lights working our shower was like a cave, you had to leave the shower curtain open to see, which was fine since it was covered with mildew. The grout in the bathroom had mold growing on it. When we checked in I noticed the previous occupant’s hair on the bathroom floor. The chairs in the room had stained fabric. The TV in my parent’s room had no sound, which maintenance couldn't fix. The hotel restaurants floor was so sticky in front of the breakfast bar it was like being at the movies. When a group of eight of us went for lunch at the restaurant it took 45 minutes to get our food, we were the only ones in the place. My husband’s $14 pizza was a DiGorino Pizza, which was burnt. My brother's $22 steak was basically uneatable. The first night we were there we were kept up to 2:30am by the teenage girls next door. Overall I would say this hotel was a pretty pathetic showing on part of Best Western for being one of their premier hotels.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. I know it is Toldeo, but there have to be better hotels in that city somew...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mregan86,

First, I need to thank you for your comments. Secondly, I need to extend to you and your family an apology for the unfortunate circumstances you encountered during your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza Hotel. A wedding is a celebration and it is clear that we did not provide you the atmosphere to enjoy your celebration weekend. Your comments have been shared with our Executive Housekeeper, Chief Engineer and Food & Beverage Director to make sure no other guest shares the same poor service you received. Please feel free to contact me at dos@bwtoledo.com, as I would like to extend an invitation for you to visit us again in Toledo!
Montecito, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had to go to Toledo this past weekend for a friend's wedding and stayed at this hotel. What a nice surprise! Be it a Best Western, it was modern, updated, clean, and the place was run by a professional staff. It's in downtown overlooking the river and some of us had some spectacular river views. The folks at the bar even stayed open late for us wedding guests who wanted a night cap....much appreciated! If I ever get back to Toledo, I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear IronGates,

Thank you for your kind words on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your wedding weekend and hope that when your travels bring you back to Toledo, we will be welcoming you back to the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza Hotel!
Toledo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had phoned to be picked up by their shuttle service and was told that I was at one of their regular stops and they would be there in a few minutes. I ask the girl to make sure they would stop and she assured me they would. They didn't. I called bac k a half hour later and they had to send a special van for me. Lack of communication!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear George P,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry that our transportation services failed for you during your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza. I don't know if your travels will be bringing you back to our area soon, but I would welcome the opportunity to provide you with two tickets to a future Mudhens game as our compliments. I hope that you will contact me at dos@bwtoledo.com and I will be happy to make these arrangements for you!

Been to Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!