“Very Pleasant and relaxing stay Great employees” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   444 N Summit Street, Toledo, OH 43604 (Formerly Grand Plaza Hotel Downtown Toledo)   |
Ranked #10 of 16 hotels in Toledo
Sterling Heights, Michigan, Usa
“Very Pleasant and relaxing stay Great employees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everyone was so curtious Front desk, valet, resturant, and housekeeping. Had a great room with a wonderful view of the water and bridges. I felt relaxed and safe in this hotel, and would recommend to friends for a nice getaway. Close to attractions too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DOSToledo, Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Pamela B,

Thank you for you kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza. It is so nice to be able to reward our staff with your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza.

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding in a block of rooms booked for the event. The staff was very nice but the hotel is in horrible shape. Out of our group of 10 rooms, four had burnt out lights in the bathroom so you could barely see. When this was called into maintenance they ignored the do not disturb sign and walked in on my Grandma changing. Even with the lights working our shower was like a cave, you had to leave the shower curtain open to see, which was fine since it was covered with mildew. The grout in the bathroom had mold growing on it. When we checked in I noticed the previous occupant’s hair on the bathroom floor. The chairs in the room had stained fabric. The TV in my parent’s room had no sound, which maintenance couldn't fix. The hotel restaurants floor was so sticky in front of the breakfast bar it was like being at the movies. When a group of eight of us went for lunch at the restaurant it took 45 minutes to get our food, we were the only ones in the place. My husband’s $14 pizza was a DiGorino Pizza, which was burnt. My brother's $22 steak was basically uneatable. The first night we were there we were kept up to 2:30am by the teenage girls next door. Overall I would say this hotel was a pretty pathetic showing on part of Best Western for being one of their premier hotels.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. I know it is Toldeo, but there have to be better hotels in that city somew...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mregan86,

First, I need to thank you for your comments. Secondly, I need to extend to you and your family an apology for the unfortunate circumstances you encountered during your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza Hotel. A wedding is a celebration and it is clear that we did not provide you the atmosphere to enjoy your celebration weekend. Your comments have been shared with our Executive Housekeeper, Chief Engineer and Food & Beverage Director to make sure no other guest shares the same poor service you received. Please feel free to contact me at dos@bwtoledo.com, as I would like to extend an invitation for you to visit us again in Toledo!
Montecito, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had to go to Toledo this past weekend for a friend's wedding and stayed at this hotel. What a nice surprise! Be it a Best Western, it was modern, updated, clean, and the place was run by a professional staff. It's in downtown overlooking the river and some of us had some spectacular river views. The folks at the bar even stayed open late for us wedding guests who wanted a night cap....much appreciated! If I ever get back to Toledo, I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear IronGates,

Thank you for your kind words on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your wedding weekend and hope that when your travels bring you back to Toledo, we will be welcoming you back to the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza Hotel!
Toledo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had phoned to be picked up by their shuttle service and was told that I was at one of their regular stops and they would be there in a few minutes. I ask the girl to make sure they would stop and she assured me they would. They didn't. I called bac k a half hour later and they had to send a special van for me. Lack of communication!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear George P,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry that our transportation services failed for you during your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Grand Plaza. I don't know if your travels will be bringing you back to our area soon, but I would welcome the opportunity to provide you with two tickets to a future Mudhens game as our compliments. I hope that you will contact me at dos@bwtoledo.com and I will be happy to make these arrangements for you!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Front desk manager and staff were wonderful, great customer service!! Dre, at check-in, upgraded my room to a corner with a view. My room was beautiful, remodeled bathroom (not sure why other reviewers said the bathrooms were scary??) Great location, many bars and restaurants in walking distance.

My only compliant is the food awful and room service isn't great.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large, with a great view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
DOSToledo, General Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your business and we are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel. Please come back to see us soon!
detroit, mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Food not great. Rooms old but comfy bed. Tad overpriced. Location great. Dont waste time at bar. Nothing fresh. How can you be a mexican bar restaurant and make margaritas from a mix ? 16 bucks to park. Location good near ballpark and easy drive to casino. Pool is below mediocre.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!