“It isn't the best, but it isn't the worst, either.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in Toledo
NYC
“It isn't the best, but it isn't the worst, either.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

It fulfilled its purpose, but it needs a boost. My room was clean enough and the staff was helpful enough. The owner has not any money in this place that was not absolutely necessary.

It made me think I would feel worse about it than I finally did.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

After driving across the country with 2 small infants and a dog we were looking for something affordable and decent to spend just one night. We thought we'd be fine here but were wrong. It's absolutely disgusting.

I'm writing this review while sitting on a towel in the bedroom at 2:30 am because I can not sleep because of the smell. I'm tempted to just wake my 21 month old and 5 month old and just drive because I don't want them to be subjected to this smell! It's a mix between cigarettes, feet, and perhaps wet dog. Nice, right? The bedding is the worst. That's on the floor because it stinks so bad and has been replaced by towels from our own luggage. I'm too afraid to sleep in the bed for fear of bed bugs (my girls are sleeping in their pack & plays we brought thank goodness).
The place is also right next to a loud strip club and it's incredibly obvious the hotel is used to host romantic interludes of sorts. Let's see... What else? I sent my husband to get milk and he comes back to show me the "local paper" which is basically a 10 pg paper consisting of mugshots of criminals in the area. It's even got a section for the prettiest mugshot of the week. Perhaps that give a little understanding as to the area this hotel is in?

Overall, this is one of the worst hotels I've ever had the unfortunate experience with. People running up and down the halls, terrible smells, questionable location, horrible quality. The name of the hotel is a joke. I never post reviews but thought I needed to warn people of this place. The ONLY positives I can say is that the room was large enough to fit two extra pack & plays with space to spare and the staff seems friendly enough. I can not wait until morning to get outta here and force my husband to drive while I finally sleep in the van!

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I really don't understand the good reviews. This hotel reeks of smoke and pet urine. I checked the bed for bed bugs there were no signs of any, however I woke up with bites. Im not sure they were beg bug bites but scared as ever they may be. There is a strip club next door, I had to listen to their music and DJ until they closed. I was suppose to stay 2 nights, checked out the next morning and was able to get my refund back for the 2nd night. The staff was friendly and as helpful as could be.

• Stayed May 2012
Zanesville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

The first thing we notice when we walked in was how great it smelled. Checking in was fast & easy, The front Desk girl was all smiles and very pleasent . Our room was clean and very spacious. Breakfast was awesome, so many things to choose from and was fully stocked the entire time. Our entire stay was AWESOME !!!!! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the north Toledo area....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
High Wycombe, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here in Feb 2011 and forgot to review it at the time. We had a long drive up in the snow from close to Pittsburgh PA and arrived very late. The front desk lady was very polite and helpful and gave me a free promotional Schick razor. Our room was nice and warm and clean enough. We had a quiet night and good sleep followed by a basic hot breakfast that hit the spot. The waffle maker was the high point of breakfast. To sum up this hotel is friendly and great for a stopover and I would stay again should the need arise but I would not want to stay longer purely because it is a basic cheap hotel not setting out to cater for this market.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Pros: front desk staff was friendly, breakfast was good with friendly staff who was great at keeping items filled, beds were comfy, stores and restaurants closeby, good price with AAA discount for having a room with fridge and microwave

Cons: first room we got smelled like pet urine, second room smelled like dog (we think it was the top covers so we removed them to sleep), leaking toilet upon flushing/filling, weak remote control signal, charged for use of room safe when we didn't use the safe

***We booked a king bed room but since they were filled we ended up with a two full bed room because there were no other options, which disappointed us.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Gig Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed at the hotel the first night of a cross country journey. We chose it because it is pet friendly..It was fine for one night and was clean and conveniently located. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites North? Share your experiences!