“Seems like a hit with the locals” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #119 of 588 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Seems like a hit with the locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The Brownstone is a relatively small place, definitely a tavern atmosphere. A lot of the diners seemed to be locals that were known by the wait staff. I got the Chicken, Sausage & Shrimp on Pasta. My wife got the Shrimp & Scallops on Pasta. My cousin got the Ribeye Steak. The pasta dishes were excellent - and they were loaded with the seafood, chicken and sausage - not to mention the pile of pasta. My dish had a Marinara sauce with a good kick to it. My cousin's steak looked a little thin but she said it was very good. They do have a nice menu and the prices are very reasonable. The service was average at best but it seemed like the locals got more attention from the wait staff. If I get to Toledo again, I'll definitely return.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toledo
“Brownstone never disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have been going to Brownstone tavern for years now, and they always serve up the best meals. They aren't expensive which is nice too. It is a smaller restaurant with great personalized service. They have a nice variety of food which makes it difficult to choose from the menu, because all of their food is great!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toledo, Ohio
“Disgusting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

My girlfriend and I were there tonight to eat... wanted to sit at the bar, but im glad we didnt. I walked by and looked behind the bar, the young lady was wearing Im not even sure but I could clearly see right through her pants! Im not sure I would've been able to even finish a meal! Our waitress and the hostess was so nice and I'll gladly be back, but definitely not to sit at the bar. You work at a bar I understand, but wear clothes that are respectful enough for customers!

• Visited April 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toledo, Ohio
“Friendy service, Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

We had a great time here and the food was better than Great and the service was quick and friendly. Just what you need at a reastaurant. I will be back and tke friends too.

• Visited October 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Good french onion soup...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Brownstone has decent food - burgers, reubens, chicken, steaks, etc... the usual. Their frensh onion soup is very good. Not a bad place to stop at if you are looking for a casual non-chain dining establishment.