“Ants....” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Toledo
Chicago, Illinois
“Ants....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Well starting there were ants in the room.. I heard doors slamming all night..couldnt sleep well.. shockingly a corporate owned location.?. I have no plans of staying at this location again.. I can find a more sound sleep for a few dollars more close by..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

GRAND ISLAND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

t's a long way from center town in a dreary neighborhood with parking like downtown afghanistan...... but the staff is friendly, and hard-working, we even saw the manager helping to blacktop the lot in the morning... wow, all that hospitality training for that... and we could not argue the price... fair enough

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I honestly don't expect much from motel six, but this one is bad.. My nonsmoking room smelled terrible with burns all over the comforter.. Pillows smelled.. Everything smelled.. Also your room has no access to outside.. Door opens into hall and have to wind your way around to fresh air..You can also hear everyone elses tv, slaming doors, and walks down hallway.. Felt like living in a housing project . And there were a lot of shady people in there, which made my limited access to outdoors (to check car etc) even worse.. I will never come back and you should look around for better options.. Not trying to rip Motel 6 cause they are usually ok, but stay away from this one..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank abrunne
Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The young man dealing drugs out of the room next door actually threw rocks at my dog as I walked her back out to the truck in the morning. The facility is decrepit and filthy, and feels unsafe. DRIVE ON, regardless of the hour, the weather, whatever. You will be safer, cleaner and more comfortable sleeping in a Walmart parking lot.

Room Tip: No room is a good room here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth K
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Avoid this place at all costs. Rooms are filthy and smell like stale cigarette smoke. Hair on all of the clean towels. Locals in and out at all hours. Staff could give a crap. Do not stay here it is not safe. Stay anywhere but here. You would be better off to sleep in your car.......seriously!

• Stayed August 2012
Huntington Beach, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have never written a review on Trip Advisor until now! This is a HORRIBLE motel that appears to be a drug rehab center or a flop house for homeless people! I actually was almost afraid to stay here once I arrived. The only reason that I actually did stay is because it was 9 pm at night and I had two large dogs with me.....so I had nothing to fear. I slept on top of the bed with my own blanket and used my own towel because the hotel is SO run down and in disrepair. It would have actually been a better idea to simply camp or sleep in my car. I have traveled around the world for the last 50 years and have never stayed in a hotel as horrible as this. I am shocked that Motel 6 allows this hotel to be part of its chain. I agree with another reviewer....this hotel does major damage to the Motel 6 name.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here in June on a cross country trip from Washington to Maine, we stayed at other Motel 6's along the way that were very nice, this was not the case at Motel 6 Toledo. The front desk clerk was less than helpful upon arrival. We were sent to a room at the back of the hotel, next to a bar. The door at the back entrance of the hotel was stuck open and people were coming in and out as they pleased. We got to our room, which was absolutely filthy and called the front to tell them about the open door. They said they knew but didn't seem to care. It was late and we tried to sleep but the noise from patron screaming and bottle breaking outside the bar made it impossible to sleep. We tried to turn the tv on to drowned out the noise, but it didn't work. The room smelled of mold and stale cigarette smoke. Our door looked like it had been forcibly opened at some point in time. The shower was filthy. The front desk was uncaring about any of our issues and did nothing for us. We left rather early, and heard at the front desk that other guests vehicles had been broken into that evening. I would never stay here again and do NOT recommend this hotel under any circumstances.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toledo
Red Roof Inn Toledo - University
3.0 of 5 stars 46 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo/Westgate
Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
Hampton Inn and Suites Toledo-North

Been to Motel 6 Toledo? Share your experiences!