“Slummy Slum Hole...” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in Toledo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Slummy Slum Hole...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I honestly don't expect much from motel six, but this one is bad.. My nonsmoking room smelled terrible with burns all over the comforter.. Pillows smelled.. Everything smelled.. Also your room has no access to outside.. Door opens into hall and have to wind your way around to fresh air..You can also hear everyone elses tv, slaming doors, and walks down hallway.. Felt like living in a housing project . And there were a lot of shady people in there, which made my limited access to outdoors (to check car etc) even worse.. I will never come back and you should look around for better options.. Not trying to rip Motel 6 cause they are usually ok, but stay away from this one..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The young man dealing drugs out of the room next door actually threw rocks at my dog as I walked her back out to the truck in the morning. The facility is decrepit and filthy, and feels unsafe. DRIVE ON, regardless of the hour, the weather, whatever. You will be safer, cleaner and more comfortable sleeping in a Walmart parking lot.

Room Tip: No room is a good room here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Avoid this place at all costs. Rooms are filthy and smell like stale cigarette smoke. Hair on all of the clean towels. Locals in and out at all hours. Staff could give a crap. Do not stay here it is not safe. Stay anywhere but here. You would be better off to sleep in your car.......seriously!

• Stayed August 2012
Huntington Beach, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have never written a review on Trip Advisor until now! This is a HORRIBLE motel that appears to be a drug rehab center or a flop house for homeless people! I actually was almost afraid to stay here once I arrived. The only reason that I actually did stay is because it was 9 pm at night and I had two large dogs with me.....so I had nothing to fear. I slept on top of the bed with my own blanket and used my own towel because the hotel is SO run down and in disrepair. It would have actually been a better idea to simply camp or sleep in my car. I have traveled around the world for the last 50 years and have never stayed in a hotel as horrible as this. I am shocked that Motel 6 allows this hotel to be part of its chain. I agree with another reviewer....this hotel does major damage to the Motel 6 name.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here in June on a cross country trip from Washington to Maine, we stayed at other Motel 6's along the way that were very nice, this was not the case at Motel 6 Toledo. The front desk clerk was less than helpful upon arrival. We were sent to a room at the back of the hotel, next to a bar. The door at the back entrance of the hotel was stuck open and people were coming in and out as they pleased. We got to our room, which was absolutely filthy and called the front to tell them about the open door. They said they knew but didn't seem to care. It was late and we tried to sleep but the noise from patron screaming and bottle breaking outside the bar made it impossible to sleep. We tried to turn the tv on to drowned out the noise, but it didn't work. The room smelled of mold and stale cigarette smoke. Our door looked like it had been forcibly opened at some point in time. The shower was filthy. The front desk was uncaring about any of our issues and did nothing for us. We left rather early, and heard at the front desk that other guests vehicles had been broken into that evening. I would never stay here again and do NOT recommend this hotel under any circumstances.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wenatchee, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

What a nightmare! We arrived and the front desk clerk acted kind of we were an inconvenience. We got to the room and it reeked either of skunk or Cheech and Chong in every room on the floor. We never even say down because the room was disgusting. Cigarette burns on the floor and the mattress pad (could be seen through the sheets), visible dirty box spring, gum on the carpet, hair in the bath, dirt and deas bugs on the window sill and in the corners of the room, mold and crud in the bathroom vent, air conditioner unit full of crumbs (and even a toothpick, bonus!). Outside there was no designated area to walk dogs, so there was dog poop everywhere. We sprayed Lysol in the hopes of being able to just get in the sleeping bags we packed but it was just too gross. We weren't going to be able to shower because we weren't even going there with shower shoes! The clerk would not refund us since we had been there more than half an hour (in which time we were calling other area hotels so that we would have somewhere to go when we fled from that mess). I am supposed to be refunded but it can take three days so we will see. For 20 more dollars we stayed at a clean, gorgeous hotel that smelled nice and was extremely clean. BEWARE MOTEL 6 IN TOLEDO, OH OFF I90!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've stayed at some worn-n-torn Motel 6s before but this was at the bottom. Even after being switched to a room with a "new" air conditioner, it wasn't very cool. The non-smoking room smelled like smoke. The water pressure was so meager I decided to skip washing my hair as I didn't want to take 10 minutes to do it. The motel appears to be in a reasonably safe area, so no concerns there. Loud people in the hallway woke me up at 1:30 and I couldn't go back to sleep. The walls are very thin. The hotel clerk was very helpful - as much as he could be with his product. 5 stars for him, 1 star for the rest. Next time I'll pay the extra $10 and stay at Red Roof.

Room Tip: This is an inside corridor hotel with thin walls.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Patrick K, Manager at Motel 6 Toledo, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
I apologize for the condition of your room when you stayed with us. We've been trying our best the last few months to bring our entire hotel back up to proper condition. Since your stay, our air conditioners have been cleaned and re-charged, and we have also put several policies in place to remove guests who smoke in non smoking rooms as well as to eliminate any lingering odors. We hope you'll give us another chance to accomodate you in the near future. Thank you!

Been to Motel 6 Toledo? Share your experiences!