“Nice hotel, decent location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Toledo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel, decent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We only spent one night at the Hampton Toledo North, but we found the hotel clean and welcoming even though we arrived late. The lobby/breakfast area is large and you can see the pool from the lobby so if you have children, you can keep an eye on them but not sweat in the pool area. I would say the only drawback for the hotel is it is a little hard to find even though it is in a decent location with regard to being near the lake and the city. It feels a little like a hotel in an industrial zoned area. I would not hesitate to stay here again though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pittsburgh PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stoped to sleep on my way to Detroit, one of the best Hampton Inn I have been, the hotel is near the highway and just in front of some shops, check in was easy, the personel working there seems to be happy working, so that makes you feel better, the breakfast was not so great, the sausages they had smelled weird, so I did not even try, the rooms are clean and quiet. I definety would be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Strathroy, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was very surprised and pleased by the freshness and openness of this Hampton Inn in north Toledo Ohio. I had viewed the photos on the website, but it is even better in person. A lovely, wide open lobby. Efficient check-in (even with a group of 22!) Rooms were updated and comfortable. A variety of seating to enjoy a relaxed, complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Parma, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

For as much as we paid for 1 night, we were so disappointed in virtually all features of this hotel. Room was smelly, like stale cigarette smoke from years past. Pool was tiny and couldn't accommodate the amount of people using it. Breakfast was just ok.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Montecito, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Chose this hotel based on location and reviews. Well maintained property, I booked larger room on 3rd floor in the back so it was nice and quiet. Room was clean, liked that duvees(sp) were washed before each arrival, internet worked, cable worked. Large lobby with places to sit, did not try the complementary breakfast but noticed that many guests did. Plenty of parking and hotel is set back from busy 4 lane road. Friendly check-in and departure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We booked a room for our wedding 3 months in advance. The day before our wedding, we went in and paid for the room and put our things in the jacuzzi suit. A couple hours later we came back and the people at the front desk informed us that they overbooked the suit and had taken our things out of the room. I could not believe it. Not only had we already paid $400 for this suit for the weekend, but the staff touched our things and put them in their breakroom until we came back.

They offered us a free room at the hotel next door and of course we said we'd take it, but the moment that the words were spoken the girl picked up a phone that never rang and told us the room at the other hotel wasn't available.

Then they said they would give us a regular room for $200 for the weekend, but I wasn't having it. After a while they offered us a free upgrade suit, but said it was dirty and we would have to wait. At this point I'm so upset I'm trying not to cry. I'm getting married in 24 hours and I don't even know where in this hotel my things are.

We finally get up to the room and it was disgusting. There was stuff all over the floor, the lights didn't work, the shower curtain had huge holes in it.

We tried to call corporate about everything that had happened and they just said there was nothing they could do.

We got a call from the desk a little while later. The staff bought us a little wedding gift bag from the Meijer across the street. We were thankful for it and thanked all of them but the manager was so ungodly rude to us and all but threw the bag at us. I will never use Hampton again. I've gotten better service at shady motels. Not worth the money and everyone was rude. Never again.

• Stayed May 2014
Monroe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great welcome by staff after a long day of travel, just like you are coming to your own home after a long day of work and bring greeted by your family. Very accommodating to my needs before I even made any requests, very refreshing!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toledo
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo/Westgate
Park Inn Toledo
#6 of 16 in Toledo
3.5 of 5 stars 371 reviews
Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Toledo-North? Share your experiences!