“Hampton North Toledo” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Toledo
Houston, United States
“Hampton North Toledo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Not impressed with this hotel. Great staff, breakfast is mediocre at best and the rooms clean but very uncomfortable. Location is ok right next to I-75 but there are better options in the near vicinity.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oklahoma City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We checked in and were greeted by the front desk supervisor, Mary Lowe. Traveling on a weekly basis, I have the luxury / misfortune of encountering a lot of different personalities. Well, this one was simply impressive and should be put out there by Hilton / Hampton as the correct way to demonstrate customer service! Hotel was convenient to where I needed to be and the housekeeper chased me down to return my headphones when I left them in room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Independence, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I switched from Marriott properties to Hilton Property's and never looked back. I enjoy the Diamond perks that I get, rooms are clean, sheets are clean, foam pillows and they cater to my needs. Incredibly friendly staff always looking to help. The staff has the 10 ft. rule when passing a guest and ALWAYS say hello. A wonderful experience with a good AM breakfast

Muncie, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Spent the night here as a stopping point before attending the Detroit Auto Show. First Impressions...Nice Lobby, Contemporary Decor and greeted promptly. We were assigned Room #225. The room was very clean...it was nice to know that the Duvets are laundered after each guest. The bathroom was spotless and offered Neutorgena products. It was a nice sized bath and included a night light which is a much appreciated touch. Downsides...when booking this hotel, ask to be located on the top floor at the end of the hallway. If I had only known...we heard every move the guests above us made, including their 4:45am alarm and subsequent trips back and forth across the floor....and we could also easily hear the guests in the room adjacent to ours. Another note: There is No in-room refrigerator...I did not ask to see if one could be brought to our room so I'm not sure if that is an option. Beds were just okay regarding comfort/very firm; but, the pillows were very nice....Breakfast was your standard, Scrambled Eggs/Sausage/Hard Biscuits/Gravy/Cereal/Breads/Waffle Iron/Yogurt/Fresh Fruit...Overall, the stay was average.

Room Tip: Ask for Top Floor/End of Hall
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
flint, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Overall, it was a fantastic experience. I travel a lot and stay at other hotels as well but my experience at this location was refreshing. The staff made me feel very special as a HH diamond member. A couple of things that stick out were every staff person I passed greeted me and was very friendly; form housekeeping to breakfast staff to maintenance to front desk. When I walked around, it was like they were expecting me. It was great. Also, while I was eating breakfast, I was greeted by the GM ( I think his name was Niles? ). And during my check-in, I was greeted by the front desk receptionist and was welcomed by the manager (Michelle) and that was very nice and it made me feel important as a diamond member. And last, the front desk person, Mary, was exceptional. She cheerful, knowledgeable and has a way of making you feel like your the only guest in the hotel. Whatever I needed during my stay, she had an answer for. In fact, when I had came back from work right at the close of breakfast and missed out on the bacon they served, she went back to the breakfast area and was kind enough to grab me a plate. She just took it upon herself without me asking. That is the type of hospitality, in particular, that will make me return to this location over and over again. As far as I am concerned, Toledo has only (1) hotel and its the Hampton Inn & Suites on Alexis Rd....And its the only one I will stay at.

Middleburg Heights, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was upgraded to a suite, which was great, except that there wasn't much furniture in the "living room" other than 1 sofa and a TV. The bathroom exhaust fan hadn't been cleaned in forever, and there was some mold around the soap dish. Ugh.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Akron, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Used to using Hampton as a company staple, but this one is not one of the best. It has good potential, but to date, unrealized. That' too bad because it's one of the potentially few good accommodations in this town.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Toledo-North? Share your experiences!