“Nice Enough” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Toledo
Muncie, Indiana
“Nice Enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Spent the night here as a stopping point before attending the Detroit Auto Show. First Impressions...Nice Lobby, Contemporary Decor and greeted promptly. We were assigned Room #225. The room was very clean...it was nice to know that the Duvets are laundered after each guest. The bathroom was spotless and offered Neutorgena products. It was a nice sized bath and included a night light which is a much appreciated touch. Downsides...when booking this hotel, ask to be located on the top floor at the end of the hallway. If I had only known...we heard every move the guests above us made, including their 4:45am alarm and subsequent trips back and forth across the floor....and we could also easily hear the guests in the room adjacent to ours. Another note: There is No in-room refrigerator...I did not ask to see if one could be brought to our room so I'm not sure if that is an option. Beds were just okay regarding comfort/very firm; but, the pillows were very nice....Breakfast was your standard, Scrambled Eggs/Sausage/Hard Biscuits/Gravy/Cereal/Breads/Waffle Iron/Yogurt/Fresh Fruit...Overall, the stay was average.

Room Tip: Ask for Top Floor/End of Hall
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
flint, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Overall, it was a fantastic experience. I travel a lot and stay at other hotels as well but my experience at this location was refreshing. The staff made me feel very special as a HH diamond member. A couple of things that stick out were every staff person I passed greeted me and was very friendly; form housekeeping to breakfast staff to maintenance to front desk. When I walked around, it was like they were expecting me. It was great. Also, while I was eating breakfast, I was greeted by the GM ( I think his name was Niles? ). And during my check-in, I was greeted by the front desk receptionist and was welcomed by the manager (Michelle) and that was very nice and it made me feel important as a diamond member. And last, the front desk person, Mary, was exceptional. She cheerful, knowledgeable and has a way of making you feel like your the only guest in the hotel. Whatever I needed during my stay, she had an answer for. In fact, when I had came back from work right at the close of breakfast and missed out on the bacon they served, she went back to the breakfast area and was kind enough to grab me a plate. She just took it upon herself without me asking. That is the type of hospitality, in particular, that will make me return to this location over and over again. As far as I am concerned, Toledo has only (1) hotel and its the Hampton Inn & Suites on Alexis Rd....And its the only one I will stay at.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Middleburg Heights, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was upgraded to a suite, which was great, except that there wasn't much furniture in the "living room" other than 1 sofa and a TV. The bathroom exhaust fan hadn't been cleaned in forever, and there was some mold around the soap dish. Ugh.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Akron, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Used to using Hampton as a company staple, but this one is not one of the best. It has good potential, but to date, unrealized. That' too bad because it's one of the potentially few good accommodations in this town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Kannapolis, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at this Hampton Inn over New Years week 2014/the great Hercules winter storm, and I'm so glad we did! We were in town for New Years activities in Detroit and Ann Arbor and were only 45 minutes from each city.
The staff at this Hampton Inn was just lovely. The lady at the front desk, I think her name was Mary, was so nice. She had a smile on her face all four days we were there, and she was ready with directions, weather advise, really anything we asked her, she helped us.
The hotel was very convenient and located just off I-75, but not so close that you can see or hear the interstate. Plenty of fast food around and a Meijer across the street for necessities.
It snowed the entire time we were there, but the parking lot was plowed each morning and the covered area in front of the entrance was clear for loading and unloading vehicles.
The breakfast was good with lots of hot and cold options.
Overall I was extremely pleased with this hotel, and if in the Toledo area again, wouldn't hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Glen Allen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our annual trip to Toledo for the holidays was made so much better by our stay at Hampton Inn. The room was fantastic, very confortable beds and so clean and up to date. Breakfast was delicious with many healthy choices. I only ask that the gym be upgraded slightly with free weights and maybe a little more equipment. Other than that perfect!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a reliable Hampton Inn. We were warmly treated and quickly checked in to our room. We have stayed at every Hampton in Toledo over the past few years, but ended up at this property when everthing else in the area was booked. Good restaurant choices nearby and Meijers was across the street.. Only observation---when our bill was slid under our door at about 4 a.m., it was surprisingly noisy and woke us up!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Toledo-North? Share your experiences!