“Very pleasant hotel, commercial surroundings” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%!
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Toledo
Davidsonville, Maryland
“Very pleasant hotel, commercial surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here one night while passing through on a trip to Michigan. The hotel was within a few blocks of the freeway and easy to find. The building itself is very nice, and the room we had was clean, quiet and well-kept. We found the entire property to be very pleasant. The staff was very courteous and helpful -- could not ask for more. The only down side was that the immediate neighborhood was semi-commercial and not very scenic. As you went out the hotel driveway, there was a very large gas station. Behind the hotel you could see the telltale grassy mounds of a closed landfill. Across the street was Meijers, and down the road you find Menards. The hotel was set back far enough from the street where none of this was a real problem, but you would stay there for the convenience to the freeway, not the scenery. The rate included a hot continental breakfast, which was a typical hotel breakfast, but very handy if you wanted to get on the road again without making another stop. We were quite happy with our stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ItravelaLotuKnow

Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We thought we couldn't go wrong with a top-ranked hotel in Toledo. We were sure wrong. Check-in went fine, although the lobby was badly dated. Apparently, they are going to remodel in the near future. Our non-smoking room was on a floor with smoking rooms (even though Ohio is an indoor "smoke-free" state). The hallway to the room reeked of cigarettes and the odor permeated into the room a bit. That was nothing compared to the uninvited guests we met after unpacking our bags and getting ready to settle in for the night. Bed bugs were crawling on the comforters! We immediately packed our bags and went to check-out. The front desk staff didn't seem surprised at all by our discovery. I'm sure it's been an issue before.

Although the room was nice, if there are bed bugs in one room, the entire hotel could be infested. We weren't able to get a refund on our room immediately upon check-out due to paying in advance, but a manager did take care of the situation a few days later. What a shame, we usually have good luck with Hampton Inns.

• 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank thewisetraveler
HamptonToledoNorth, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Toledo-North, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I was certainly happy to refund your stay as you were not pleased with the room and decided not to stay. I can tell you once again that we take bed bug claims very seriously and I immediately called in our pest company for an inspection the next day. I offered you a copy of the report from the pest control company stating no bed bugs were found. I am still able to get you a copy of this report if you would like. We appreciate your business and take negative reviews as an opportunity to better our service. We take our standars and cleanliness as a matter of pride. In this case all precautionary measures were taken and again no bed bugs were found.

Eric Gardner
Yorkville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel after a hurried leave from a nearby Red Roof Inn. The front desk staff was more than accomodating in helping me find a room, arrange for payment, and even had my Hilton Honors card number on file. When we arrived, our room was waiting for us with a personal note from the staff. Staying here after a long drive and terrible hotel experience was such a relief. We enjoyed all the amenitites of this hotel- the pool, the breakfast, the business center, and our large, clean bathroom. Throughout out stay, I was very impressed with the staff's personal attention and willingness to help. This hotel is a little out of central Toledo but you are right by some large highways and getting around was easy.

1 Thank Jessica P
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We spent one night in Toledo, took in a Mud Hens game and the Toledo Zoo. This Hampton in was a good choice for us, about 10 minutes outside of downtown and right off of I-75. It was clean, efficient, and the coffee/tea bar in the lobby was well stocked.
The rooms were updated, comfy and clean. The lobby was huge, and will be rennovated soon (but it still looks nice). Our only complaint, and its a small one the pool is located right off of the lobby separated by floor to ceiling windows. It looks really nice, but we skipped swimming since our only chance would have been in the morning meaning everyone taking part in the complimentary breakfast would have shared in our fun. Overall though a great place to stay in the Toledo area.

2 Thank TCD21
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel upon entering is very nice. The front desk associates are attentive however not really in touch. My profile clearly states I prefer a room on the upper floors due to light sleeper. I was put in a ground floor room and had to deal with jump and walking noises above me. When I talked to front desk they said was the only room available. Breakfast my first morning greeted me with soured milk that had expired and was unable to finish my breakfast due to nausea. I had to go to front desk for soap as housekeeping did not replenish in my room. As a Hilton Honors Diamond I usually am given free bottled water at this location I had to buy it from their little snack shop. Just not your typical Hampton quality.

• Stayed August 2012
Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I rated this hotel average, but felt it was a bit under Hilton standards. The rooms were clean and spacious, but looked a little tired. The biggest surprise was in the pool area. There wasn't a whirlpool, which we can do without, but for the price I sort of expected one. The water in the pool was cloudy, and the entire group of furnishings around the pool consisted of 4 plastic tables and 3 chairs. One of the chairs had an arm broken off. It was a little awkward since there were 3 families in the pool area. Each family took 1 table and a chair. People were sitting on the floor around their table.
Breakfast was good. At checkin a board was posted that the lobby would be under renovation. I thought it looked nice as it was, but apparently changes are on the way. Pool area needs one first.
The hotel was located right off the interstate, and easy to find. Surrounding area was ok....

• 4 of 5 stars
HamptonToledoNorth, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Toledo-North, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay, and I apologize for any disappointment in our pool area! And you're right - we will be renovating the pool area first, in September (and FYI to upcoming guests - it will be closed the month of September!!). As chairs had broken throughout the last few weeks we did not replace them since we knew we would be getting brand-new patio sets shortly. We will still not have a hot tub after the renovation, but there will be repairs to our beautiful pool room. We invite you back this winter once the pool and lobby renovations have been completed - we would love to impress you, and invite you to check out our Jacuzzi Suite :)
Southern Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Clean and spacious room. What you would expect from a Hampton Inn. Well located just off I-75. Convenient drive to downtown. Friendly staff, lots of parking and a good breakfast. We did not use the pool or fitness centre in the limited time that we had at the hotel, so I cannot comment on this amenity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toledo
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo/Westgate
Park Inn Toledo
#6 of 15 in Toledo
3.5 of 5 stars 457 reviews
Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Toledo-North? Share your experiences!