“Another reason why we love the Hampton Inn chain!” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Toledo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yorkville, Illinois, United States
“Another reason why we love the Hampton Inn chain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel after a hurried leave from a nearby Red Roof Inn. The front desk staff was more than accomodating in helping me find a room, arrange for payment, and even had my Hilton Honors card number on file. When we arrived, our room was waiting for us with a personal note from the staff. Staying here after a long drive and terrible hotel experience was such a relief. We enjoyed all the amenitites of this hotel- the pool, the breakfast, the business center, and our large, clean bathroom. Throughout out stay, I was very impressed with the staff's personal attention and willingness to help. This hotel is a little out of central Toledo but you are right by some large highways and getting around was easy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We spent one night in Toledo, took in a Mud Hens game and the Toledo Zoo. This Hampton in was a good choice for us, about 10 minutes outside of downtown and right off of I-75. It was clean, efficient, and the coffee/tea bar in the lobby was well stocked.
The rooms were updated, comfy and clean. The lobby was huge, and will be rennovated soon (but it still looks nice). Our only complaint, and its a small one the pool is located right off of the lobby separated by floor to ceiling windows. It looks really nice, but we skipped swimming since our only chance would have been in the morning meaning everyone taking part in the complimentary breakfast would have shared in our fun. Overall though a great place to stay in the Toledo area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel upon entering is very nice. The front desk associates are attentive however not really in touch. My profile clearly states I prefer a room on the upper floors due to light sleeper. I was put in a ground floor room and had to deal with jump and walking noises above me. When I talked to front desk they said was the only room available. Breakfast my first morning greeted me with soured milk that had expired and was unable to finish my breakfast due to nausea. I had to go to front desk for soap as housekeeping did not replenish in my room. As a Hilton Honors Diamond I usually am given free bottled water at this location I had to buy it from their little snack shop. Just not your typical Hampton quality.

• Stayed August 2012
Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I rated this hotel average, but felt it was a bit under Hilton standards. The rooms were clean and spacious, but looked a little tired. The biggest surprise was in the pool area. There wasn't a whirlpool, which we can do without, but for the price I sort of expected one. The water in the pool was cloudy, and the entire group of furnishings around the pool consisted of 4 plastic tables and 3 chairs. One of the chairs had an arm broken off. It was a little awkward since there were 3 families in the pool area. Each family took 1 table and a chair. People were sitting on the floor around their table.
Breakfast was good. At checkin a board was posted that the lobby would be under renovation. I thought it looked nice as it was, but apparently changes are on the way. Pool area needs one first.
The hotel was located right off the interstate, and easy to find. Surrounding area was ok....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HamptonToledoNorth, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Toledo-North, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay, and I apologize for any disappointment in our pool area! And you're right - we will be renovating the pool area first, in September (and FYI to upcoming guests - it will be closed the month of September!!). As chairs had broken throughout the last few weeks we did not replace them since we knew we would be getting brand-new patio sets shortly. We will still not have a hot tub after the renovation, but there will be repairs to our beautiful pool room. We invite you back this winter once the pool and lobby renovations have been completed - we would love to impress you, and invite you to check out our Jacuzzi Suite :)
Southern Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Clean and spacious room. What you would expect from a Hampton Inn. Well located just off I-75. Convenient drive to downtown. Friendly staff, lots of parking and a good breakfast. We did not use the pool or fitness centre in the limited time that we had at the hotel, so I cannot comment on this amenity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Freeport, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We booked the family room. WOW what a room. Kitchen 2 beds and a sofa sleeper. 2 rooms. Very nice. My only problem was the door knob fell off the door between the 2 rooms. We didn't shut is so I called and let them know. Told them not to send someone. They did have someone there right away in the morning when we were leaving. Great help. Pool was nice. They had the great Hampton Inn matteress and pillows. Breakfast was very good. Wonderful lobby. The area is more industrial but I can see why this hotel is #1 on the trip advisor list.

Room Tip: If you have a family get the family room. It is worth it.