“Overall good, but not extraordinary” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Whiteford Rd
Description: "Voted Best of Toledo Italian Restaurants Eight Plus Years" -Toledo City Paper Mancy's Italian Grill captures the rustic charm of Italian regional cooking. Serving sophisticated food in a casual, rustic setting. The soul of our restaurant is the open kitchen where homemade sauces simmer, pizzas are baked in a wood-fired oven and our hearty meats are seasoned and grilled with old world care. Mancy's Italian Grill is a place to celebrate with friends and family, for business or gatherings after work. Our private dining area can accommodate up to 100 people. Join us for Dining al Fresco on our courtyard patio. Mancy's Italian Grill's menu, which is printed weekly, showcases weekly features of fresh fish and innovative Italian fusion dishes. From Northern Italy to Southern you can find old world to new world favors. At Mancy's Italian Grill keeps all of the values and quality of that has made Mancy's Restaurant Group a Toledo Favorite.
“Overall good, but not extraordinary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012 via mobile

Every once in a while I'll encounter food that is so delicious, it makes me feel happy inside. I experienced that on my first visit to Mancy's Italian. Unfortunately, each subsequent visit has been merely good. I've never had bad food at Mancy's so I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it, but for the prices they charge, it isn't worth it. Their food is good but overpriced for the average quality. Most of it is akin to Olive Garden at nearly twice the price. The atmosphere is lovely, dimly lit with a pleasant coziness. Overall the staff is friendly and efficient. The waitstaff are a bit too plentiful and a bit too eager to serve you (I feel like they're trying to sell me a car), but they're helpful and appropiate. There are too many hostesses and they mill about chatting amongst themselves. And I did have an incident where I questioned the manager about a menu item and he became very defensive, almost rude, rather than answer my question. That was my only bad experience and I've eaten here numerous times. However, I don't know if I'll return again. For the price I expect a certain experience and Mancy's falls short. They are trying to be a "fancy" restaurant and they're not quite hitting the mark.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Really...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Resting on the name Mancy's this restaurant will be quick to disappoint. Poor service and average food at high prices will leave you wondering how they keep the Mancys name on the door.

Petersburg, Michigan
“Mancy's, what can we say?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Great food, great atmosphere. Always have been treated with great service from all of the staff. Love it!

Ohio
“Best italian in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Its, Mancy's of course....how could it be bad??? Love the wood fired pizza.

Monroe, Michigan
“High Price, Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

This restaurant is most certainly geared for fine dining and has a large layout and an amazing atmosphere. However, the menu choices, while unique, are extremely overpriced. Even the Filet Mignon was not up to the highest standards of cut and taste – we’ve definitely had better for a lot less cost. We were disappointed.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Mancy's Italian? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mancy's Italian, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.