“Beginning a New Tradition” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Casey-Pomeroy House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Toledo
The Casey-Pomeroy House
802 N Huron St, Toledo, OH 43604   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Toledo B&B and Inns
NW Ohio, United States
“Beginning a New Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a non-traditional place to stay on a recent holiday shopping trip in Toledo when I stumbled across The Casey Pomery house here on TripAdvisor. This beautiful inn is rated #1 of the city's B&B's on this site for a reason!

Upon arrival, our inn keeper welcomed us at our vehicle and ushered us inside the enormous mansion full of cozy character. We were taken on a tour of the sprawling home and delighted with a knowledgeable narrative of its history.

Our room, the Pomeroy suite, with its inviting purple hues and plush bed, was perfectly appointed with lush linens, towels, and bath amenities. It was difficult to leave!

Breakfast was an experience like none I've ever experienced in a b&b. We were served fresh fruit, juice, pastries, and homemade granola alongside coffee and tea on silver service. Then the main course was delivered: a glorious vegetable frittata, herb-roasted potatoes, and maple turkey sausage. This meal will be hard to forget!

The house was dressed in all its holiday finest with glowing, tastefully decorated Christmas trees in every room. Quaint Santa statues and snowmen were tucked in appropriate places alongside bright and bold fresh poinsettias. Our surroundings made it easy to create a new tradition of staying at the Casey house each Christmas season. I look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Each room has its own character. None will disappoint!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I'm a business traveler who normally stays at mid to high end hotels when I travel and I have traveled a lot. I have only stayed at a B&B once in my life (I'm 52 yrs. old) and that was on a family trip in a location where no hotels existed. I checked Tripadvisor to select a hotel for my 1 night stay in Toledo and was underwhelmed by the selection. However, the B&Bs were listed beneath the hotels and the rating of The Casey-Pomeroy House caught my attention. Thank you Tripadvisor!! I read the reviews and went to the Casey-Pomeroy website and thought it might make my Toledo trip more fun to give it a try rather than stay at one of the hotels. I would definitely stay there again if I ever return to Toledo. I stayed in the Pomeroy Suite and it had everything I needed - a very comfortable bed, very clean, extremely quiet, and a great shower - and on top of that the building is very unique and unlike any chain hotel you will ever see. I met both owners, Stu and Sue and they struck me as great people who have obviously poured their heart, soul and a ton of money into this building. Others before me on this site have described how fantastic the building is so I won't go over it again. What I will say is that, as a business traveler, staying here was a great decision and I will now consider B&Bs on all future business trips. I hope there are others out there that are as nice as this one! What a great find.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We chose the Pomeroy room, for the queen-size bed and the morning sun. It has a comfortable but rich elegance and what seems like 20-foot high ceilings! The enterprising owners who are restoring this 14,000 square foot mansion gave us a grand, informative tour, a banquet for breakfast, and shared our enthusiasm for the magnificent Manet exhibit at the Toledo Museum of Art, an easy walk from the house. Thanks Sue and family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Casey-Pomeroy house continues to be the very best accommodations in Toledo. The downtown location makes it ideal no matter where you need to be in Toledo.
The rooms are beautiful and comfort is in style here every day. The breakfasts are always amazing. The innkeepers are very accommodating and always make your stay a foundation for a happy memory.
We always stay here and love it more each time.

• Stayed November 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Where do I begin? Booking was confident from the start. Changing the date to a year later due to medical issues was a breeze, with rates kept the same. Communication with the Innkeeper, Sue, was always prompt when I had questions about the Inn, the suite, the breakfast, check-in arranements, whatever it was.

Sue is very helpful and quite a hostess. She even offered to make sure she was there to receive a floral arrangement for my mom and dad for their Grand Suite! My husband & I arrived earlier than we expected, to find Sue herself scrubbing the bathroom in my parent's suite! These guys treat this inn like it's their own home! Sue was quite hospitable and offered to allow us to drop our luggage while we went to collect my parents at the airport.

Check in was like nothing. "It's already done", Sue said as I asked her about it. She quickly handed me keys from the table and it was done.

This was a surprise for my dad...mom was in on the planning with me. Dad said some words when he got into the room like, "this room is HUGE!!!". It truly is remarkable. They loved it. We loved the adjoining Hanna Matilda room as well.

Hardwood floors, exquisite bedding, modern televisions & period style high-end furniture present comfort and richness at every turn. The home is immaculate.

When the Grand Suite and Hanna Matilda suite are joined, both rooms can enjoy the large washroom in the Grand Suite. If the Hanna Matilda is booked alone, there is a shared bathroom for a couple of rooms on the same floor right outside the room.

Amenities are endless here. Around the clock use of a Keurig on our floor, bottled water in the room, flawless wi-fi service, use of a small refrigerator on our floor, plush bathrobes in the full-sized closet, gourmet breakfast in the morning….and on and on!

As for breakfast, let’s talk about service! It was right on time, served on a most elegant table with impeccable, attentive service! Also, the granola that Sue makes has almonds in it. My dad is allergic to almonds, so Sue didn’t only leave them out of his serving…she made a whole fresh batch without almonds! That’s service!

The best part about this inn, besides the incredible job they’ve done making these rooms like old-style new, is the demeanor of Sue and Stu. Guests are treated like family; and not just family you haven’t seen for a while. They treat you like people they interact with every day – like they know you and welcome you into their home. In fact, knowing my dad loves older homes, Sue took us on a tour of the unfinished top floor and even down into the basement to explore. The work they’ve done on this house is incredible!

If we are ever passing through Toledo again, we will stop here. We have suggested it to friends that we know who might go up into Michigan this year!! We can’t stop talking about it!

If you have any questions, please ask, because I'm sure I haven't said all I could about this wonderful inn!

Room Tip: The top floor suite is superb...very roomy and elegant...add the adjoining suite and you can have co...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I spent Saturday evening and Sunday morning August 11 at this unbelievably attractive B&B in Toledo, everything was great, the owner Susan and her mother were super friendly, genuine, and helpful, the house and room were spectacular and the breakfast gourmet. If anyone is in Toledo for one evening or more you would be missing out if you did not stay here.

Room Tip: Room was super, I cannot imagine anything but a good room here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at the Casey Pomeroy for a week while attending a seminar in Toledo. I couldn't have been more pleased with this really charming B&B. The owner, Sue is just a lovely person, inside and out. I have no idea how she does it actually. Every morning, I had to leave quite early in the morning. I would wake up to fresh coffee, homemade granola, yummy yogurt etc. The Casey Pomeroy is just a gorgeous landmark, built originally in the later 19th c. The love and care (and historical integrity) Sue and her husband, Stu, have put into this B&B is evident every step you take within. As an art historian, I cannot express how wonderful it was to end the seminar every night and come "home" back to the Casey Pomeroy. I felt daily as though I was immersed within one of my favorite paintings. Most of all, Sue made me feel welcome. She respected my privacy, but also made sure I knew she was there to assist me with questions etc. My room was really large and included a spacious bedroom and sitting area. The bed was so comfortable that I came home missing it! I was actually able to see all of the rooms while there and honestly, you can't go wrong with any of them as they are all gorgeous in their own way. Honestly, I would recommend running to the Casey Pomeroy in lieu of staying at ANY of the hotels in Toledo. Believe me, the seminar I participated in was at one of these hotels and I thanked my lucky stars every day that I was staying at the Casey Pomeroy House.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Casey-Pomeroy House? Share your experiences!