“Never Again!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Toledo
USA
“Never Again!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

My mother and I stayed at this location with 5 children. At 1 am we were awaken by 6 drunk men who party until 3 am or until the police were called because the staff lady could not do anything. I invited her into our room to listen it the wrestling match going on above us. She simply apolized and left us to enjoy the party for another 2 hours. Next morning after being awake all night I had a very nice cold shower. I guess that was to ensure I was awake from the all nighter. Horrible hotel, and if you do stay here don't order a roll away your child in fall thru all the broken springs!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ripley, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

I stayed at this Days Inn in Feb of 08, overall I had a good stay. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. There is not much to do in the area, I went out for dinner and found nothing but a fast food place about a mile away. The hotel had a restaurant but it closed around 10:00pm, I called down at 9:50 and was told they could not fix anything that close to closing time. I only stayed over night and was gone early the next morning.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Central Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

Contrary to some of the reviews I read, wife and I had a very good experience at this motel. We found it clean comfortable, and the staff to be courteous and helpful. It is not the newest, but seemed to be well kept inside and out, with very good lighting of the parking lot.
I would look forward to staying here again, and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
daisydaysinn, Operations Manager at Days Inn Toledo, responded to this review, September 21, 2009
Thank you so much for your positive review!
Everywhere, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

Anybody that give this hotel an overall rating higher than "terrible" is either paid by the hotel itself or is so angry with their stay that they want to take it out on other travelers.

I'll keep this short and I hope it's helpful...

-I got terrible bed bug bites on my legs, neck and hands. It's Easter weekend and I have to keep the collar of my shirt up. Luckily my wife and son weren't affected (or they're not allergic). I'm going to post pictures of the bites if I can.

-This hotel is across the street from an abandoned house and an empty park with dead grass and a rusted out basketball hoop.

-Just adjacent to the hotel is a river flowing with industrial sludge.

-Don't believe any of the pictures.

-The place was built in the late 60s/early 70s and looks it. It's literally depressing even to walk down the halls.

-It smells. Picture that hotel/motel air freshener smell that you're probably familiar with and multiply it by 10. It permeates through your clothes and luggage.

-The breakfast area also smells like something rotten and once you've entered and surveyed the room there's little chance you'd grab something that was available.

-The bathtub had terrible mildew around the tub and the first room (we had to change rooms) had a broken toilet.

-The one redeeming quality is that the woman at the front desk was very sweet. I literally wanted to get her out of there.

-Don't stay here...I should have taken the hint when the guy ahead of me paid for his room in exact change. He actually had to go out to the car to get his fanny pack with change in it for 58 cents.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

We redeemed a free Trip Rewards night at this hotel. It was an awful experience and I wish I could get my rewards back because I would have demanded my money back had I paid.

We were travelling through Ohio and made the reservation around 11 pm that night and were driving through a blizzard. When we got to the hotel around 1:30 am and was greeted by the clerk. The parking lot was not plowed and it made it difficult to navigate their lot.

We reserved a Queen Size Room. The clerk said that she didn't think we were coming (funny she had our phone number...) and didn't have a Queen room "Pre-Heated." This was the first time I had ever heard that term in my life... If you hear that term you should run! She said that she had a room with two twins that was "Pre-Heated." I was exhausted after 9 hours of driving and said we'd take it.

When we got to the room it was cold and the AC / Furnace unit was putting out luke warm air. We decided we'd rather have the big bed since this "Pre-heated" room was cold anyway. How cold could a non "Pre-heated" room be?

So I went back and got our bigger bed room. It was colder... Not "Pre-heated." So we decided to make the best of it (since it was now 2 am). We used the hair dryer to heat the bed (since the sheets were at 40 degrees). We turned the heat to full blast and it was putting out luke warm air like the other room...

We went to turn on the TV and couldn't find a remote. So I turned it on at the set and it was set at full blast. I went to turn the volume down and the button was gone...

I went back to the front desk and asked for a new remote. The clerk gave me a universal remote and after searching said to call her with the TV manufacturer when I got back to the room so she could get a code online. I called her with the manufacturer. 20 minutes went by and it was 2:30. I called the front desk and told her to give it up, she said she couldn't find the info for any of her remotes online.

So we got up after a terrible sleep because it was so cold. The tile in the bathroom was about 30 degrees and no heat got back into there. It smelled of mildew in the bathroom.

We discovered the parking lot was still not plowed... So through the snow we packed up.

I went back to the front desk and waited for 15 minutes. There was nobody there and nobody around that I could find in the front of the hotel. I wanted to speak to someone but had another long drive ahead so I left the key and remote at the desk and drove off, never to return.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — No Heat, TV Issues, Horrible Service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florence, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

I have stayed at this particular hotel at least dozen times between 2000 and 2007. I will not be staying at this hotel again.

I stayed at this particular location each time because it was far cheaper than anywhere else and my ability to overlook alot of things that would concern most people.

The rooms are very mildew smelling. Most bathroom doors don't close properly, or there is a 2 inch gap underneath. The bathrooms look like they were installed in 1960 and have not been properly cleaned or repaired since the same time.

Most of the time, the air conditioners only provided cool or HOT air.

The carpet is worn and stained throughout the building. The comforters and blankets are full of holes and smell. The sheets were at least clean. Towels felt like sandpaper.

The olympic sized pool had too much chlorine in it. The hot tub was turned into a woodchip pile. The change rooms/bathrooms in the pool area were closed the one time I tried to use them by means of a hand painted piece of plywood and a piece of chain.

I have seen ants, silverfish and other bugs in the rooms (both alive and dead ones).

The sliding glass doors on the main floor seem like they have been broken into a number of times. It doesn't seem to matter that other guests allow their younger and older children to run throughout the hallways at all times of day and night.

I looked at the "continental breakfast" once, and it consisted of 1-2 pieces of fruit, some stale looking danishes/muffins and one jug of juice and coffee. Even I refuse to think about eating any food from that motel.

There is not really a close option for food. There is a pizza place the opposite direction off the I-75 exit, or you have to drive a few miles to something more reputable.

The staff have been average compared to other hotels/Motels I've stayed in. Occaisionally we would have a nice front desk person, but they were mostly uninterested.

The only good thing about this hotel was the price which was always better than anywhere else nearby including hotels up into Michigan.

Towards the end, staying was more bearable as I brought my own cooler for food, soap, towels, blankets and pillows to ensure a decent comfort level. Luckily, I have no longer have reason to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Detroit, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

Where the heck do I begin? Our room wasnt ready for 25 minutes even though we booked it 3 months in advance. None of the rooms had been cleaned yet so we had to wait. The room they gave us had a drunk construction worker passed out in it. After another 1/2 hour, they finally gave us a room. It was DISGUSTING. The floors had broken glass and Doritos chips on it. The HBO guide looked like it had been dipped in the toilet and set out to dry. The bathroom door was 1 1/2 inches to big for the door jam, so it wouldnt shut. The phonebook has torn apart. The hallway carpet was sticky and reeked of mildew. The hallway walls wallpaper was torn and filthy dirty. The Fitness Center was a gutted hotel room with four useless mahines in it of which not one worked. The place was FILLED with teenagers and neglected children that ran up and down the halls banging on doors and screaming. One of the little brats pulled the fire alarm at 4 am in the morning and we woke up in a panic and pulled our things together and rushed outside. After a while of nobody coming around to tell us what to do or if it was a real fire,....I went into the hallway to find that the end double doors of all the hallways leading to the common areas were shut and nobody ever came around to give us safety evacuation procedures or to tell us that it was a prank. Which it turned out to be. WE HAD TO CALL THE FRONT DESK TO FIND THIS OUT. THEY WERENT EVEN GOING TO CALL ANYONE TO LET THEM KNOW OR PUT THEM AT EASE. The maid staff didnt know a lick of English. We asked if they would mind NOT vaccuuming our room while we were there because we had our cat with us. Her response was "Five minute" [--]?? Furthermore, the bar was 15 x15 foot room with no air conditioning. It had an industrial warehouse fan blowing on the patrons. The "Award Winning" restaurant they boast was closed because,....and I quote..."We had to fire the guy" Guy? What guy? The drunk guy in our room? Who knows. It was like StarShip Troopers with the spider killing in our room for two days. We left a night early just SO WE COULD GET THE HEII OUT OF THAT DUMP. All I know is that we couldnt sleep, couldnt eat (unless we wiped the glass off the doritos on our floor). The view out of our glass balcony door was of a creepy field of weeds leading to a creepy woods leading up to the interstate. The drunk man sleeping on our bed AKA the painter,...was painting the same stroke apparently for two days because he was camped on his ladder (yes,...the one "sleeping" on our OTHER bed) looking into our room for the duration. We would have closed the curtains but the "magic wand" that it became,....came right off in my girlfriends hand. Not even the cat we brought wanted to come out from under the bed. If only WE could fit under there. We would have ordered pizza,....but, this negative 5 star crack h0use actually had the audacity to charge 50 cents for local calls. Then,....after all that. After leaving early and driving home,....I woke up in my own apartment and looked online at my VISA card summary only to find out that they had charged me 4 times. Yes,...so I actually had to deal with this hotel even though I was now an entire state away. Hows that for a damn review?

• Stayed July 2008

Been to Days Inn Toledo? Share your experiences!