“Staff was nice, hotel was very disgusting” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Toledo
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Staff was nice, hotel was very disgusting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Should have left when I heard the people in front of me complaining about their room but didn't. For starters our room was at the very end of the building and when my boyfriend, me and our 2 children arrived at our room our keys did not work, I went to the front desk and told the lady and she gave me 2 new keys, after getting back to the room and trying those keys, only to find out that those did not work either and had to go all the way back to front desk to let them know, this time however a maintenance worker did come with me to help. When we entered the room it did have a rather nasty smell, there were stains on the bed spread, a dried booger on the wall, dried spit on the inside of the sliding glass door, they must have drilled through for a new cable because the mess was still there along with the cobwebs to show that it had not been properly cleaned in quite some time. Some of the outlets were exposed and there were cut cables in the room. Took the kids to go swimming and when my 8 year old went to open the screen door to the pool room he almost fell through because there was no screen in the door. The drains in the pool room were all clogged with hair, algae and who knows what else. Door fixtures in the pool room looked like they didn't fit and light fixtures had wires hanging (not very far, but probably a violation) down. Looked as if there was mold or something on the ceiling in there also. The entire property looked run down with trash everywhere and the lawn looked like it hadn't been mowed for at least a month and the air conditioners on the outside of the room looked like they could fall off at any time. There was not anywhere close to eat and had to drive some way to go find something. And to put the icing on the cake, as we were walking to our room from the pool, I had noticed that there was literally a piece of crap on the floor. That right there turned our two night stay into a one night stay. When I checked out early the next morning the man behind the desk was helpful in getting my refund as I used Expedia to book the room. This is not a hotel for families. The pictures do not portray this hotel correctly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tiffin, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Where do I begin? Came to Toledo to see a show and booked a room to the closest place(Mistake). Tried to go to sleep, and was not able due to the 12 to 15 black people having a big party carrying on next room. Tried to call front desk and phone did not work. Knocked on door to ask to shut it down and they come to sliding window and punched me in the face. I go to the front desk ,bleeding, to call police and they throw every one of us out and to top it off my $@50 camera was left in the room and the hotel staff was no help in retrieving it. I have been hung up on 2 times and they will not return your calls. Not to mention place was disgusting. A haven for crackheads obviously.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Clio, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I came here for the weekend for an event at the college. I have stayed in some ghetto nasty places in Detroit and they were on par with this place. Bathroom was disgusting, pieces of the wall were cracked and falling off. Ghetto outside, trash everywhere, pieces of railings falling off and one room on the second floor was shut down because the porch was caved in. But the room below it was still in use. Didn't tell us of any amenities, didn't know when breakfast was so missed it, not because they closed but because they ran out of food. They give you ARMBANDS to use to pool, the hell? Not to mention my fiance likes to bring a blanket from home whenever we travel and we left it in the room. We called the day we left and got home, the day after, the day after that, a week later. First they said they thought they had it, then they'd check, then they denied ever seeing it. This was the 2nd worst place I have EVER stayed being bested by one of Detroit's nastiest, and not by much, which really says something.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

This hotel was a disappointment. It shows the effects of wear, abuse and neglect. The hall ceiling had damage from water leaks. Carpets,curtains and some furniture in common areas were badly worn. The room was basically clean but the door safety chain was damaged and tap in the tub dripped hot water. Hotel was full and some guests partied late. Staff were friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast area was clean, neat and well stocked.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

My group booked several rooms. One of the people was in a wheelchair, and they would not accommodate her with a wheel chair accessable room. No elevators meant carrying her up and down stairs. The rooms were dirty, one smelled like cat urine. They first told us there were no other rooms to change into. After a second call they moved us to a room where there was blatant prostitution happening in the hallways. staff and management were exceptionally rude. The pool was green and scummy. Ceiling leaked. Got rained on as we walked down the hallways. Room refrigerator and microwave did not work, tv was staticy, "free wifi" would not connect. I recommend staying in a cardboard box before staying here.

• Stayed December 2010
Mason, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

It was right off of the expressway and our room was clean, not too small and quiet. Everything we used worked just fine.The staff was very courteous and helpful. There were several restaraunts nearby that were quite good. We had a very nice one day stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
small town ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Likes:
-staff and security were very friendly and seemed to try to go out of their way for us. Seems like they would truly like to change the reputation of this motel.

Dislikes:
-the fact that the motel has security guards at the entrance
-kids feet were dirty from walking on visibly soiled carpet
-our big problem was with some of the other clientele- girl in black satin and fishnets leaving as we were checking in, some type of exchange at the window of a car outside our sliding glass door, party in the room across the hall till 3am and someone literally beating on the door at 5am demanding to be let back in.....needless to say we didn't get much sleep.

This is not the type of motel that I want to expose my young children to. As friendly as the staff was, we will not be staying again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Toledo? Share your experiences!