“What a great find!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Coldwater Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Tipp City
Transit: None
Columbus, Ohio
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Last weekend we needed a special place to celebrate my mother-in-law's retirement. We were looking for good food, great atmosphere and a place that could take a reservation for 10 people. After a few Google searches and a peek at tripadvisor we settled on a place called Coldwater Cafe in Tipp City, Ohio. WHAT A GREAT FIND. If you are in the Dayton area, you need to check out this place. It will not disappoint.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tipp City, Ohio
“Great Food Lovely Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

What's more to say? Service is probably the weakness here. Although good, the people running the restaurant do have an "air" about them.

Would definitely recommend, but if you're sensitive to not being catered to, not so miuch.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Wonderful...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Food, Service, Atmosphere, Wine; all excellent... A great place to go with friends; noise level is low therefore allowing easy conversation; servers are familiar not only with the food, but with the wine selections...

Visited November 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Pleasant plac to eat, and very good food. It's located in downtown Tipp City so after your eating experience you can do some shopping with the local stores. This is a quaint town and the resturant is a good place to visit.

Visited December 2011
Dayton, OH
“Can I just say.....WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We've lived in the Dayton area for over 20 years now, and this was our first vist to Coldwater Cafe, based on a friend's recommendation. My views:

Location: On Main Street, just a few miles east of I-75. There is rather a small hanging sign over the doorway, easy to miss. There is no parking lot, and trying to find a parking place on city streets, especially in a quaint tourist town like Tipp City, can be difficult.

Size: A small, intimate restaurant with a small bar and only about a dozen tables. You NEED a reservation.

Ambience: Definitely an adult restaurant, not in any way suitable for children. Quiet, with soft understated lighting and intimate tables conducive to a relaxing experience. A small combo of a keyboardist and a classic string bassist played light jazz in the bar area on the Saturday night we were there. Lovely!

Staff: The hostesses were very friendly and professional. Our server, Joslin, was one of the best I've encountered. Personable, smiling, and she KNEW the menu....when asked about different menu items, she expertly provided information on taste, texture, sauces, cooking techniques, and presentation. Very impressive and quite helpful; she's a gem and I will be specifically requesting one of her tables on my next visit.

Food: The iced tea was excellent, just a touch of mint in it. Our water and tea glasses were refilled frequently and unobtrusively. We did not order an appetizer. Homemade French bread with a scoop of real butter was yummy. First course was a very good mixed green salad (arugula, spinach, cucumber). Could have benefitted from a bit of lettuce but still good. My husband also had a cup of their homemade potato soup; he judged it excellent. He ordered the lobster/crab cakes, which came with fresh green beans and quartered potatoes. He said the crab cakes were some of the best he'd ever had, and the green beans were perfectly prepared (most restaurants serve them half raw and too crunchy for his taste). My entree was a chef special, a grilled bluenose bass with a citrus sauce, brown rice, and green beans. I'm very picky about fish; and it was just about the best, most well-prepared piece of fish I've EVER had; perfectly grilled and the sauce was to die for (I would have licked my plate if I could have gotten away with it, lol). Hubby's dessert was a VERY rich Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, and mine was the wonderful homemade Tea Cake with butter sauce. Both were outstanding. The portions, in my opinion, were just right. We didn't leave hungry, but neither did we have anything left on our plates.

Cost: Neither of us drink alcohol, so our bill for the above was right around $70, which I thought a very fair price considering the upscale ambience and excellent meals.

We will absolutely be going to Coldwater Cafe again; a most enjoyable dining experience!

• Visited November 2012