“Not a good choice” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tipp City
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Not a good choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I found out after booking this hotel that two groups of my family had stayed here in the past and both had poor experiences. I hoped my stay would be better. The location is conveninet for driving to the center of Tipp City and it is close to the interstate. I tried to keep an open mind. Upon arriviing I found that our room did not have towels, so I called reception and some were brought to me. The first night we were woken by the alarm clock at 3:30am and we couldn't figure out how to turn it off. For two out of the five nights we stayed our room was not serviced when we returned, this is the most basic expectation I have when staying at a hotel. The air conditioner was noisy and it was difficult to sleep. Breakfast was very basic, the coffee was weak and on one morning it was full of coffee grinds. I would certainly consider other hotels in the area first.

Room Tip: Hotel has 3 floors, I didn't really see any pros or cons with location.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Marion, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed at the Tipp City, OH LQ in June 2012 and found it extremely pleasant. I was given a free upgrade to a King Suite on the ground floor. The room had a couch and recliner as well as a desk. Everything was spic and span. The mattress was very comfortable, and the bed had plenty of pillows. The room also had a refrigerator and microwave. There was a problem with the back of the desk chair being permanently tilted too far back unless one wanted to recline. The breakfast was the stand free La Quinta breakfast except that it did feature plenty of bananas, a feature that is frequently lacking. I would definitely stay here again. There was also ample space for dog potty needs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Goshen, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

6/9/12 - Had confirmed 2 rooms for that night- Upon checked we were told by the most unprofessional front desk employee EVER that they might not have rooms, When I asked if they had rooms or not she became like a nut case, telling me I was rude and she wasn't going to help us and we could look for a room ourselfs. When I asked for her managers name she throw his card at me and said "have fund with that honey" Once in the rooms they was black mold growing up the walls in the shower, the beds were like rocks, coffee maker did not work and the breakfast bar look like it had not been cleaned or had new food in weeks. When I spoke with the manager Tim, he could have cared less for what we went through, never said he was sorry.
THIS IS A DUMP. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Room Tip: hard beds, noise ac units, dirty rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Tipp City hotels

Goshen, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Previous LaQuinta stays ( at other locations ) were positive. This one , howerever, anything but. Check in person rude, rude rude. I had reserved 2 rms for 2 nights, confirmed with my credit crd. Called hotel on day of arrival to remind them that we would be arriving late (around 11:00 pm) . Was told , "No Problem" Upon arrival , clerk took my id & ccrd and thumped on pc keyboard for 10 minutes or so making horrible faces all the while. I asked her if there was a problem, & she replied that there was no problem with my card but that the people who work the earlier shift, "Don't know what they are doing!" Several more minutes went by & my business partner finally asked, "Do you have rooms available or not?" The clerk then replied, "I don't need you giving me attitude!" I am trying to help you!." She then stated that our two rooms showed available & occupied at the same time. She told us that she had to physically check the rooms to make sure they were vacant. My partner then said that we were not going to wait another 20 minutes while she did that & the woman then threw the keys at us & said, "fine, check them yourself!" Luckily they were vacant & we didn't walk in on someone. Before we went to our rooms, I asked the woman for the name & number of her supervisor as I intended to inform him/her of the terrible service she had just provided. She threw me his business card & said "Fine, you have fun with that, Sweetie!" I called Laquintas's customer service number immediately after closing the door behind me and was told that the manager would be there the next morning. I went to the front desk the next morning and spoke with the manager, relating our unpleasant experience from the prior evening. I told him that we were checking out & would take a chance on finding other accomadations, rather than stay another night. I told him that I wanted my money back because of the terrible experience. He refused. He agreed to refund 1/2 & checked me out right then & there. No apology, no trying to make things right,...NOTHING! It suddenly became clear why the staff could so freely provide such poor service. Must be standard practice at this facility. I have reported thie incident to LaQuinta's corporated headquarters prior to writing this . Hopefully they consider good customer service more important than the personnel at the Tipp City location do. On top of the rude service, the continental breakfast was not good either. No coffee, waffle maker dirty, (my waffle stuck and I could not remove it from the iron), biscuits so hard you could use them as hockey pucks. My bed was hard as a rock & my partners room had black mold in the bathroom. Avoid this poorly run hotel. If I could rate the service a ZERO, I certainly would!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

The LaQuinta we stayed at in Tipp City (near Dayton, Ohio) was clean, comfortable and very affordable! It was easy to find; right off the expressway. The breakfast in the morning was satisfying.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Massillon, Ohio, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

La Quinta hotels are great places for long or short stay. The accomadations always clean and neat. The facilities are never looking like a slum like some places we have stayed at in the past. La Quinta has good and healthy food at breakfast and the staff is usually very friendly. We got stuck in the elevator but the manager was on the elevator also so we did not have to report it and the elevator did start up again. I did decide to use the stairway when we left. Overall this is a nice place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dayton North - Tipp City? Share your experiences!