“Safe, great place for kids” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Tiffin
Columbus, Ohio, USA
“Safe, great place for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were here two night for a volleyball tournament and the entire team stayed here. Staff was friendly and helpful. My tween granddaughter forgot her toothbrush and razor. The hotel supplied both. Our 7 year old granddaughter loved the freedom of movement which I allowed because it is a small hotel and our room was near the lobby. The pool is great for kids too. Breakfast offered lots of choices - yogurt, dry cereal, oatmeal, fruit, pancakes, all sorts of baked goods, juices, milk, coffee, sausage, eggs - quite a bargain and something for everyone's taste as long as you're not looking for gourmet. Beds were comfortable and linens and towels were clean. Free wi-fi is huge. So many more expensive hotels gouge their customers for wi-fi. It was refreshing to have it for free. Great service all around at this hotel. We would definitely return if we ever have a reason to be in Tiffin again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
albentz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tiffin, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We know that it was a very hectic week end for all guests that stayed with us and we are so happy that the hard work we put into our service to our guests was appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you stay in Tiffin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Southern Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a quick visit in Tiffin related to the university and did a tripadvisor search and selected the Holiday Inn Express. Good decision. Clean, courteous, spacious and well priced. Easy to find too. A very good stay. I would easily recommend this for others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
albentz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tiffin, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

When you walk into the HIE, in Tiffin, Ohio, it might look like an ordinary hotel. I frequent this hotel three times a year. The staff is always friendly. We use the common area in the evenings and mingle long after the hot breakfast buffet is done serving. The staff always works around our group. The front desk will arrange cab service as well as offer wonderful suggestions for food.

Room Tip: The pool is on the first floor across from the elevators. Smoking is on the second floor at one end...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
We are so happy that you stayed with us. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back if you are in the area again.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Business in Tiffin brought me to the Holiday Inn Express. Very nice hotel with the usual Holiday Inn Express amenities of free wifi and breakfast. Clean and comfortable. Would stay again if in Tiffin.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the time you spent at our hotel. It is always our pleasure to make every guest feel at home during a their stay.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Spent 6 nights in Tiffin working and the stay was made more comfortable by the staff and accomodations of the Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed and the staff was personable and easy going. Breakfast selection got a bit old and could be healthier, but I made do with oatmeal, fruit, and toast everyday.

Room Tip: Be nice to the front desk people!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
albentz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tiffin, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for visiting us at the Holiday Inn Express-Tiffin. We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable. We strive to meet all our hotel guests comforts and well as meeting all out IHG standards. If you are ever in the area again please stop in for another visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

At check in I was greatest by a nice young lady who I advised I'd be extending my stay, as I prepaid for my room I expected the same rate - I returned the following night (last of my 2 nights to extend to a 3rd night) I was advised there were no more rooms. After talking to "Helen" I was told only an upgrade to a suite was available for the rate that I paid for my 2 nights! I told "Helen" if I were going to pack and move rooms I'd rather leave. The meraculously my room was available but still at the increased rate then a man (white) came to the desk and says "I called earlier about a room" the other lady "Paula" asks his name then says yes sir that will be .... Only 1/3 the rate I was being asked to pay!
Are you kidding me?!!!!!
Unbelievable - I'm disappointed, hurt, insulted, and quite honestly angry!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at this motel and was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and had all the amenities we look for in a motel. Fridge, microwave, desk, couch, etc. I liked the bedding since the large bulky comforter/bedspread was packed away in the closet and fresh sheets plus a duvet/sheet was all that was necessary for cover. We didn't need the blanket which was folded down at the end of the bed. I liked the easy access air conditioning which had features such as "fan only" and had quiet operation. The room furnishings were tasteful and no stripes anywhere! We had a room on the first floor right across from the pool which was perfect. It was quiet and we got a peaceful rest. The indoor pool was just the right temperature and while not large was bigger than some, and that was fine since there weren't many swimmers. The breakfast was good with warm cinnamon rolls plus the usual fare. We enjoyed our stay and will use this hotel again in the future. It is a good choice for a place to stay in the Tiffin area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
albentz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tiffin, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for visiting the Holiday Inn Express while you were in Tiffin, Ohio. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again for future stays.
Safe Travels
Angelina Bentz-GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tiffin? Share your experiences!