“dirty rooms” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn

Days Inn
You added Days Inn to your Saves list
Days Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1927 South State Route 53, Tiffin, OH 44883 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tiffin
Columbiana, Ohio
“dirty rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I will never stay at this location again ! Our room smelled like there were 20 pack of cigarettes smoked in it the room was so dirty I cleaned it my self when I brought it to the attention of the staff they could of cared less I also took photos of the room there was mold on the tolite and cigarette ashes all over the floor and crumbs in the bed . I was there for my nephews graduation from tiffin university and all other hotels were booked or I would of left after a 3 hour drive I should of had to clean my own room for 130 dollars a night . I would like some type of refund .

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lexington, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here twice in the last few months, first time since it has come under the Wyndham brand. It was a decent hotel under the former franchise, and a pleasant surprise since Tiffin is in the middle 'o nowhere. Not anymore.

The first time I just wrote it off to me having a bad allergy day or something, but - the rooms smell. Like smoke. Like quite a bit if smoke. Like all day on the Vegas casino floor smoke. As do the hallways. If I had not been so completely worn out the second time, I would have checked out. There are other options in town. Two different rooms on two different days both reeking of smoke and other things I did not care to try and identify. So either everyone ignores the No Smoking in room signs, the housekeeping staff smokes in the rooms while cleaning them, or the new owners slapped No Smoking signs on the former smoking rooms without bothering to clean them. Regardless, the end result is the same.

It's obvious the new owners have made some minimal efforts to update the facility (which did not include the now-closed restaurant). Although they offer a hot breakfast, the overpowering odor of grease (which wafts out into the lobby) might give you reason to pause. The cold offerings were OK but not noteworthy.

The desk clerk expressed shock when I informed her the next morning about the odoriferous problems, but also did nothing to improve the situation. One more thing, none of the outside doors have locks. One on my building had the doorknob hanging loose. Upgrading to swipe card access would be nice, even in low-crime Tiffin. After reading other recent reviews, I'm sure the owners will disagree with this assessment. I would suggest they try spending the night in their own motel, it might open their eyes.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
NIRAJ S, General Manager at Days Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are sorry that you had to face these issues during your stay. The rooms are absolutely non smoking. We did not slap any non smoking signs on top of former signs, sorry to say but this allegation is not true.
The restaurant facility is also a part of the hotel & a new restaurant is coming there soon.
Our housekeepers did check the hallways for smoke smells & they weren't able to identify anything. However we will double check again.
If you'd like, you can call us & identify yourself & the room #. This way we can specifically check & review your concerns in the room. We might be able to offer a discount to you for the inconvenience that was caused.
Thanks for staying with us & thank you for all the feedback. We do appreciate it.
Follansbee, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel was clean (important for me), although an older business. Adequate for our needs. The location next to the Sandusky river was enjoyable. Our door did not want to stay locked, so if you stay here double check your door when you leave. The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

NIRAJ S, General Manager at Days Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Nancy,

I am glad that you enjoyed the stay & the view of Sandusky River. Thanks for appreciating our cleanliness & hot breakfast. Yes our hotel is not the newest building but we are constantly working on updates & upgrades. Will be looking into the door situation.
Your feedback is very much appreciated. It helps us become better, thank you so much. Hope you visit us again.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room was dirty. The beige tray where the ice bucket and cups were set had something spilled all over and everything was stuck to it. The carpet was filthy and turned my socks black. The sheets/mattress pad was so stretched out it wouldn't stay on my bed. The room I requested and told I had and where it was ended up being given to my mother in law that had nothing to do with my reservation.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

NIRAJ S, General Manager at Days Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Miss Debra,

We appreciate the time you took to write a review for us. We are extremely sorry about your experience. Please note that we shampoo the carpets on a regular basis & the issue you've mentioned is very unusual to our hotel however we will not take these feedback lightly & will look into it.
I checked the reservation & as per the request, ground floor room was assigned. If there were other issues that wasn't taken care of, do let us know.
Once again, we apologize for your inconvenience & hopefully you will give us another chance.

Been to Days Inn? Share your experiences!