“Outstanding Margarita ... food is so-so” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Swanton
Cuisines: Mexican
Wauseon, Ohio
“Outstanding Margarita ... food is so-so”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The only thing I can recommend is the Margarita. The food is not that good. I have a problem with a restaurant that uses what tastes like velveeta on some of the entrees. There are much better places in town.

Monclova, Ohio
“Too many years here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Ate here since High school, not cause I wanted to but because others did and do. Only thing I like is the Queso and the Mexican pizza. otherwise I make better Mexican food myself. I am not a margarita drinker, but I hear they are good and strong.

Visited April 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Food? Atmosphere? Quality? No!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We continue to be amazed at the number of cars in the parking lot frequently at the Airport Highway Loma Linda location. We stopped in for dinner last week and without question that was the worst meal....of any type of food...I have ever had. It doesn't matter that it wasn't authentic the meal was lousy no matter how you classify it. It came to the table cold, I'm not even sure what the 'beef' was, and the guac salad had no taste. Ambiance? I think I'll pass. Putt a couple of Mexican hats on the wall doesn't make it ambiance. I didn't have a margarita...maybe I should have. With Cinquo de Mayo right down the road a few miles I don't understand why folks eat at LL instead of that short drive. It must be the margaritas......

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Malinta, Ohio
“This place is not about the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you come here looking for authentic Mexican food, don't bother. This place was made famous for its margaritas and feel-good atmosphere. Their margs are the best I've ever had and, as an added bonus, they pack quite a whollup (first time ever using that word!). I typically just go here mid-afternoon and grab some hot crab nachos and throw back 3-4 of their small margs. It gets pretty crowded starting around 4pm on Thurs-Sat, so if you're looking for a table at supper time be prepared to wait. Luckily the margaritas seem to speed up time, so it's usually a good time.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Toledo's oldest Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've been going to Loma Linda's for year and keep coming back. I particularly like their frozen margaritas and offerings of Tex-Mex food. My personal favorite is the Cavazos Green Chile Enchilada.

Visited August 2012