“Top Notch without being fancy!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dutch Host Inn

Dutch Host Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sugarcreek
Dutch Host Inn
You added Dutch Host Inn to your Saves list
1021 Dover Rd NE, Sugarcreek, OH 44681   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Sugarcreek B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Top Notch without being fancy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Happy Happy Happy with the Dutch Host Inn! Our room was clean, quiet and pleasant. We thought it was fairly new (maybe and year or two old) but it turns out it was actually several years older than we could have imagined because the owners have such high standards that everything was just super-well maintained. Even my German father and grandmother would have been impressed by the cleanliness of the Dutch Host Inn ( I can't say that about many hotels). The small lobby does have a table that seats 4-6 for breakfast or just visiting, even though the published info on the inn says guests need to take their breakfast back to their rooms on trays.The young woman working the desk on the morning we left was a real delight and happy to answer any questions we had about the area or Amish and Mennonite culture. The breakfast was not elaborate but was fresh and had a nice variety of offerings. It was a treat to see the van pull up and all the Amish women hop out to do the housekeeping. We will always stay here when visiting Amish country!

Room Tip: Even though the main road is nearby, you don't hear traffic because Sugarcreek is a small town a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We just stayed Last evening and had a room with 2 queen beds. It was a very clean room with lots of towels and had hair dryer , coffee maker, microwave, and mini fridge. We did not use the appliances but would have been nice if we were staying for a few days. We did the special spring package with lots of free coupons at restaurants and businesses. It was like a scavenger hunt and we enjoyed it. Well worth the $$$. Will stay again . They are getting busy, so call in advance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Went there for the winter package deal and was very happy with the stay. Room was very clean and had a lot of space. It only cost five dollars more to upgrade to a king size bed. Had fun going around collecting the free stuff with the coupons and the meals. Will definetly do it again.

• Stayed March 2013
Coshocton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I can often be very negative when it comes to motels (and other accommodations). We booked this place at the last minute as everywhere else was booked. I booked the Jacuzzi room with fireplace. The room was huge, very clean, and the staff were friendly. I would highly recomend asking about their special packages. For less than the price of their competition we got free supper and breakfast at s great local restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights. The first night having a jacuzzi and fireplace which was nice with the weather cold a raining. The bed was not comfortable, very springy and made a squeaking noise when you turned over. The next morning we packed up to move to the next room because the room we were in was not available for our second night. We went into the office and continental breakfast is right there in the small area in front of the check in desk and where people are checking in. We noticed no place to sit and did not stay for the rolls and coffee. The lady at the desk made us come back at 2:00 to check into our room although we had prepaid the first night we stayed. To sum up our stay, the rooms were very clean, make sure you keep the same room if you stay more than 1 night, and do not plan your breakfast around the one in the office. Beds Are NOT comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'm always leary about staying at a "non-chain" but I have to say this hotel had them beat hands down! Probably one the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in and very comfortable and quiet. Price was half of any other chain hotel around. When I go back to this area, I will definitely stay there again. No question.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Webster Springs, West Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Sorry but I will have to disagree my stay did not go well .Ckecked in room looked good we went shopping had dinner and went back to roomready to relax pulled down covers and the sheets had not even been changed and I could understand that this was not the owners fault ,but problem was how this was taken care of I WAS AVOIDED after I ask for a discount when I CHECKED OUT I ask again and the owner had left a note she would give me 10 dollars off . I have stayed many places and never been treated this way.The other girls that worked there was very nice I JUST DID NOT APROVE OF THE OWNERS WAY OF TAKEN CARE OF BUSSINESS.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dutch Host Inn? Share your experiences!