“The Board of Health needs to pay them a visit.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Los Gatos, California
“The Board of Health needs to pay them a visit.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was a disaster. This location has been open for a while and has has been generally a great local spot. High traffic, high turnover, reasonably priced food. Overall through the years we have eaten here many times and never had I felt the need to speak so strongly against my experience.

On 1/10/2013 our party of four was subjected to dirty water glasses, a wine glass that had the remains of someone's dinner on the rim, and silver wear still wearing the remains of a former customers dinner.

The food was as consistent as ever, but there is clearly a problem in the dishwashing and server prep area. Frankly I'm thinking our server must have been blind because I cannot imagine how he could have brought these pieces to the table.

My advice to the management, get your act together now.

My advice to the Cuyahoga County Board of Health; pay them a visit and help them get this sudden fall from grace resolved.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Detroit, Michigan
“They have Gluten Free Pasta. YES”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Perfect. I did not realize that Macaroni Grill was so Gluten Free friendly. I am now a major fan. Really nice place to eat. Everyone was so nice. The food was outstanding. and the atmosphere was great. It was a business dinner and the others at the table were also very happy with there picks. I will be back and this is a natl chain. So happy.

• Visited November 2012
Medina, Ohio
“consistant excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

my wife and i go to mac grill probably 3 times a month. we have been fortunate to always have a great time with the best of their dishes. the people are always super nice and our waitress and waiters are always attentive. last month we had rachel as a server and again she was great as usual. the bread,food and desert were tasty and fresh. in over 100 visits we have consistantly been rewarded with excellence. thanks mac in strongsville and montrose

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashland
“Poor Front of House Management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you've ever read my reviews, you'll see I'm pretty pleased with the experiences I've had while traveling, mostly because I do my research on TripAdvisor ahead of time. Yesterday, that wasn't the case when we stopped by the Macaroni Grill in Strongsville, Ohio.

We had been to this particular restaurant a long time ago when the kids were little, but the food and service was excellent so after a little shopping we thought what the heck - it was good last time it should still be (plus the parking lot was pretty crowded which is always a good sign).

First off, let me say the food was just as good as it was the last time we were there (a good dozen years ago) which is a high compliment to the cooking staff. The rosemary bread, the goat-cheese stuffed peppers, the pasta, the chocolate cake dessert all excellent.

However, that's where the good ended. We are pretty patient people and aren't snobbish by any stretch of the imagination. Nor do we expect to be waited on hand and foot while at a restaurant. However, having experience in the restaurant industry, we are probably more aware of what you should or should not do out on the floor where customers can see.

Though we were seated swiftly and got our order in quickly, we sat watching the management and waiters quarrel quietly beside customer tables. We thought perhaps it was just something momentary that needed attended to, but this behavior continued for a good hour as we ate and watched.

From the hostess stand, to the waiting staff, to who we later found out was the manager, there was no recognition that you don't complain within ear-shot of the customers. Sure, when you are back in the kitchen area or out of sight and hearing of customers, quietly complain all you want, but not right there where everybody is watching.

To add insult to injury, my wife forgot her purse so she went back in to retrieve it and was practically reprimanded by the hostess. She didn't have the common courtesy to treat her nicely and politely check on it, but rather pointed out the manager and told my wife to go ask her. What a crock.

Needless to say, though Macaroni Grill has only had our patronage twice in a dozen years, we will not be going back.

If you can put up with an unprofessional staff in lieu of some good food - go for it. But as a customer, I don't expect to have my meal interrupted with a gossiping staff or be treated like an interruption while panicking about a missing purse.

Never going back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aurora, Ohio
“Good Food and Pleasant Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We started as a party of 3 and was seated within 5 minutes. After a phone call we ended up a party of 5. The staff was gracious and moved us to a larger table. Apparently, I was on the phone when the waitress took the drink orders. The only blip was that I actually had to ask for something to drink when the bread was brought to the table. Other than that, our waitress was decently attentive to us.

The menu did not seem as exciting as in the past. I ordered the King Salmon. The salmon was cooked perfectly.... cooked through but moist. The rice and vegetable mixture that came with it was quite yummy. Salads are separate which makes the meal more expensive than other places of the same caliber. I am used to most restaurants automatically serving the dressing on the side, so I did not ask for it. Too much dressing was on the salad. The bread is marvelous. It is served with olive oil.

Overall, I would go back.

• Visited July 2012