“Good Food and Pleasant Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Aurora, Ohio
“Good Food and Pleasant Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We started as a party of 3 and was seated within 5 minutes. After a phone call we ended up a party of 5. The staff was gracious and moved us to a larger table. Apparently, I was on the phone when the waitress took the drink orders. The only blip was that I actually had to ask for something to drink when the bread was brought to the table. Other than that, our waitress was decently attentive to us.

The menu did not seem as exciting as in the past. I ordered the King Salmon. The salmon was cooked perfectly.... cooked through but moist. The rice and vegetable mixture that came with it was quite yummy. Salads are separate which makes the meal more expensive than other places of the same caliber. I am used to most restaurants automatically serving the dressing on the side, so I did not ask for it. Too much dressing was on the salad. The bread is marvelous. It is served with olive oil.

Overall, I would go back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“Good food,wonderful bread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I love the fettuccini alfredo. Love,love,love there rustic herb bread with butter. The eggplant is good. the butcher paper on the tables are fun for both adults and kids, Wine list is okay. the Tiramisu is very strong in alcohol but still good.

Visited February 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“Always Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Consistently excellent, best house wine around at reasonable price, healthy options that taste good, great management and service!

north royalton
“Turning away customers in droves”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Yes it was New Years /Eve, it was 5:00 PM and yes we expected a wait. But the woman at the greeting stand was rude and arguing with everyone coming in about a 2 hour wait even though there were at least 15 empty tables in the restaurant. Those are for reserved parties she said. Okay, can we reserve a table. No, we are not taking any more reservations. What? We walked in with people leaving in droves and we walked out with people leaving in droves? Do you or don't you take reservations? Do you not want people in your restaurant tonight? I have never seen a restaurant lose so many customers in 10 minutes. Very confused front of the house.

Visited December 2011
Medina
“First and LAST Visit to this Restaurant.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Horrible! My first time at a Macaroni Grill and will definitely be the last. Long wait to be seated, even though there were many open tables around us when we sat down. Service was awful. Didn't get bread until asking 4 times (finally got it after asking a waiter that wasn't ours) - the bread and my salad came when I had 3 bites of my meal left. Small portion (I got the lasagna) for $12.95 and doesn't even include a salad. Not impressed by portion sizes, cost, or taste. Carrabba's or Olive Garden is a much better choice!

• Visited November 2011