“Food was cold and undercooked and pasta reheated!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
OH
“Food was cold and undercooked and pasta reheated!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We thought being a chain, we could get a decent meal. When the food came out after 35 minutes of waiting, my side of pasta was dried up - cool- no sauce, looked like it was made hours ago. The meal my husband ordered- one of his favorites is Lobster ravioli,
it comes with no sides, and is one of the higher price item on the menu. I'm not sure if it was even in a pot of boiling water- it was clearly not cooked and cold, they said they'd put it back in a pan and reheat it! It was covered in the cream sauce so that would have been a curdled mess, I'm not sure they really have a head chef, a good one would not have let that dish go out to a customer! Shame on them. we paid our bill and left hungry.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

45% Recommend
Strongsville, Ohio
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

My wife and I eat here often. I can't fathom why Italian Village is rated higher than Romano's. The food is so much better!

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“Good Food, but Can't Handle a Large Group”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

My department came here for an office party. The two long tables for our group were placed very close to each other, which made it hard to move and eventually eat. We later pushed the tables apart. We only had two of the wait staff assigned to us in an almost empty restaurant. I happened to come with the second wave of our group. Everyone who ordered alcohol got their drink quickly. I didn't get my soda until after I finished my appetizer (and had no water). I asked about my cola when I received my appetizer, and the waitress' response was that the other (missing) woman was getting the drinks. They also held the main courses until they were all ready to come out, and only one person handed out the dishes. To politely wait until everyone was served to eat meant that half of our food was cold.

The creamy chicken soup and Mediterranean chicken on skewers were delicious and the reason that this Macaroni Grill didn't get a lower rating. I would come back, just not with a large group.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere