“Great food, Great ambiance and Great wine!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
DC Pasta Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 101 Restaurants in Strongsville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Falling Water Rd.
“Great food, Great ambiance and Great wine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I had gone on a date to D.C. Pasta :)

We absolutely loved the food and wine! Great selections and great portion sizes. If you wish to have an entree in a smaller appetizer size, they do that! Perfecto! Can try so many more dishes :)

The service was great! No complaints at all..

The ambiance was awesome!

All in all a great place to go to...

The only reason I gave it a four star was because there are equally great restaurants in Little Italy, Cleveland and since this restaurant is co-owned by a Michelin star chef, I was expecting something more!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great atmosphere, OK food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I visited this restaurant with friends on a Friday evening and enjoyed the vibrant and lively atmosphere in the dining room. Our waiter was friendly in a loud way - he listed the specials like a parade ground sergeant major, but that wasn't a problem at all, at least we could hear him clearly above the general background chatter. the service was a little slow, but given how busy it was that wasn't a surprise and I didn't see any servers that weren't rushing around trying to keep up.

I'm no a great fan of eating pasta in a restaurant - I haven't found one yet that does any better than home cooked, or even comes close in most cases. However, most of my fellow diners enjoyed their dishes and the serving sizes were adequate. The appetizers we sampled were rather good. For my main course I tried the seafood risotto, which was OK except that the overly strong tomato flavor of the sauce overpowered the tastes of the seafood so it all tasted somewhat the same after a while. Personally I like more variety when I eat (which may explain my aversion to pasta dishes generally!).

Overall, I did enjoy the experience and will probably go back and order something other than pasta or risotto next time.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful food and expert service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Went to DC Pasta with a buddy for the second year in a row - on Cleveland Marathon weekend, on the night before the race. Had looked forward to going for some time, since last year's trip had been such a success. This round was not a disappointment!

Scott, our server, was the same one who had helped us the previous year. He was very knowledgeable and well trained on all the dishes, wines, ingredients, etc. We took a lot of recommendations from him and he did not steer us wrong.

We ordered an appetizer that was deep fried bread covered tomato and cheese thingies of some kind. They were good - not spectacular. I think my friend liked them better than I did. Then for dinner, we ordered several "Tastes," which each pasta comes in. You can get a Taste, a small portion or an entree. We ordered five tastes. The bucatini was great. All the pasta tasted wonderful and full-flavored. The ravioli was very successful, remarkably tasting exactly like red sauce and lemon zest, which the menu said it featured. The fusilli with peas was great. The bolognese was flavorful and delicious. But far and away the favorite was a the carbonara, which featured wonderful cured meat and a poached egg, unpierced, inside the bowl for the diner to break apart and stir, creating the sauce fresh. I could eat that all day long.

We each had dessert. I ordered espresso ice cream with chocolate dipped biscotti, with fresh hot espresso to pour over the whole affair. I enjoyed it quite a lot, and especially liked the strong coffee flavor in the ice cream. My friend ordered the chocolate mousse on Scott's recommendation and it was outstanding. (I was permitted to taste after he was too full to finish it.)

DC Pasta is a truly delicious diamond in the rough - located in a nearly hidden alcove of a strip mall along a busy four lane highway outside Cleveland. If you like really fresh, high quality ingredients, and very creative pasta dishes, this place is for you.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“Just OK--did not meet my expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went for dinner on Saturday night. Hostess was friendly and so was waitress. Service had some slowness (empty dirty plates sat on the table for too long). The minestrone was pretty tasty with lots of vegetables and the polenta looked delicious. The "tasting" size is now $6 and two were enough for me. Some would probably want to have 3. The seafood risotto was the best of the 4 that we had. The orchiette (a special not usually on the menu) had Italian sausage cut in cubes (looked like something from a school cafeteria) and a ton of olive oil at the bottom of the dish. The pasta with cod was described as "not very tasty" and the carbonara as "soupy" by one of my dinner partners. However, the veal with a layer of prosciutto and cheese was "wonderful" according to another. We just had coffee and tea after dinner because the dessert menu was absent any cake-like items (no tiramisu, no cheesecake, no regular cake), just lots of gelato, sorbet and mousse. Strangely, we were given iced tea spoons with the tea and coffee! For the price point and the reputation of the chef, overall I was not impressed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor,Michigan USA
“Excellent but affordable Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have eaten at DC Pasta twice. We learned about the place based on their recognition by Cleveland Magazine; one of their pasta dishes (a lamb and mint sauce) was featured on the magazine cover and I fell in love at first sight. I was not disappointed! I sampled a few other dishes ordered by others in our party and found them all great.

One nice service option is that the pastas are available in 3 different sizes - a small taste, an appetizer size, or full main dish.

The restaurant also features affordable wines with many priced under $30 per bottle.

Soups and salads were also great. We particularly enjoyed their assortment of olives - five different varieties.

The atmosphere is simple and modern.

On one of our visits, we were accompanied by several family members who are fussy vegans. The staff worked overtime, doing their best to accommodate them with good will.

My only complaint is that when the restaurant is busy it was a little noisy for my taste, but this wasn't excessive.

As some other reviewers noted, the restaurant's location, while convenient on Pearl Road, is easy to miss; it's in a small strip mall away from the street. It's well worth the effort to double back and find!

• Visited April 2013