“Really Filthy Hotel- Do not stay-Keep driving” 1 of 5 stars

Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9705 State Route 14, Streetsboro, OH 44241   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
NW Florida
“Really Filthy Hotel- Do not stay-Keep driving”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Unfortunately, I picked the wrong weekend to try and get a room - all rooms at the Hampton were booked, so I took one of the last two suites available at the Wingate. I was expecting a high quality, after all, this was a wingate! OMG, so gross! Physical dirt and some sort of bodily fluid (Okay - a lugy) in the elevator. The laundry room was so dirty. Our suite was okay, I was surprised. No updates, but clean. Breakfast was GONE when we got downstairs at 0730 in the morning. You would think with a completely booked hotel (last suite was taken while we were signing in), they would have made arrangements to have everything stocked.
I wrote a review and gave it to the day manager, but I bet that went into a circular file.

I would have left, but my 8 year old was so tired after driving all day and all of the rooms within 40 miles were booked (sports weekend).

I will NEVER stay at a wingate again-Book Hampton Inns all the way!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

While we arrived fairly late and had to leave early the next morning, this hotel appears to have everything that we could want. It was very clean and quiet; had a nice pool and hot tub; a nice work-out area; a pool table; the room was spacious and very comfortable; breakfast was excellent. What more could we ask for?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

I have found that this hotel has been perfect for my needs. The room is clean and comfortable. The furnishings in the rooms and lobby are quite nice. The lobby is really nice and the rooms are large. Marble countertop in the bathroom. Free wired and wireless Internet is really nice. Free breakfast: pastries, fruit, bagels, eggs, sausage, and freshly-made waffles. Fridge, microwave, and coffee-maker in the rooms. In-room safe and large closet. Comfortable beds. Nice pool, hot tub, sauna, business center, and exercise room. The pillow and towel thickness could be improved. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel highly and think it is a very good value.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Middlebury, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed here for a single night on a trip back home for Christmas. The location is convenient to the Ohio Turnpike, and the lobby was nicely decorated. The front desk service was prompt and professional. However, the cleanliness of the room was below par, particularly the bathroom which had soap scum in both the sink (a little) and in the bathtub (an alarming amount). The bathroom fan, which was connected to the only light switch in the bathroom, rattled badly and was terribly loud, so that with my daughter sleeping you had to leave the light out in the bathroom even with the door closed. We travel from the East Coast to Chicago by car a couple of times a year, and there are a lot of hotels along the turnpike, but we won't choose this one again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Pitman,NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

Room was just OK. The lobby and the hallways looked fairly nice and somewhat new. But when I opened the door to the room, it was just kind of drab and a liitle dated. We checked in at 1AM and were given a room with an adjoining door and could hear everything our neighbors said at 6AM as if there wasn't even a door there. Booked hotel thru Hotwire and was assigned a room with a king bed. Since I was traveling with my adult son, I asked if a room with 2 beds was available. I was told there was, but I would have to pay an upgrade of $25. I realize that when you book thru Hotwire, they can give you any room that they want to. But at 1AM, with rooms available with 2 queens that are priced the same as a king room, why wouldn't you accomodate the customers request and make them happy instead of trying to hit them up for another $25? I don't know. In the end, I would recommend this hotel but book directly with Wingate if you need a specific room. Location is excellent and the pool looked nice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

We stayed at this hotel after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. I am a platinum member of Holiday Inn and rarely stay elsewhere, however, they were about $25 more a night. I questioned its low price, but decided to chance it. My family and I were so pleasantly surprised. The room was huge, the pool was large, the gym was decent, the breakfast was plentiful and the staff was friendly. On the down side, the towels were a bit dingy and thin and the tub could have used some clorox, but that was really all that could be criticized.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

This was the second time I have stayed at this Wingate. It is clean and the staff are courteous. It is located near many restaurants and there is a WalMart across the street in case you need something. Wingate provides Neutrogena bathroom products and has an awesome breakfast with fresh waffles. Would definitely stay here again!! Only thing I saw negative this trip was that the pool area didn't look like it had been cleaned before I went in in the morning to use the jacuzzi and the sauna was out of order.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast? Share your experiences!