“Comfortable Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
Ohio
“Comfortable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I just returned from a two night stay at Wingate in Streetsboro. They are replacing carpet and my room had the smell of nice new carpet which I appreciated. The king sized bed was comfortable. There was a fridge and microwave and a chair and ottoman. Pretty spacious room. The bathroom was very small and a bit dated but not bad. Good water pressure in the shower. No exhaust fan so the bathroom steamed up badly. While I was there there was a water main break and we had no water. They left a note under the door explaining the situation and offered bottled water at the desk. They still had coffee and breakfast available during this time. This was beyond their control and they handled it best they could. I kind of feel like they could have offered some restitution for the inconvenience of not being able to shower or use the bathroom for several hours but I also did not ask. Good offerings for breakfast. The price is more than reasonable. Friendly staff. I would stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Cindy P, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for the kind review of our property. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and found satisfaction in our staff and amenities provided. The issue with the water was out of our control. We made the best out of a bad situation. We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Frankly, the high ratings for this hotel seem to be a bit of a stretch in my opinion. I gave this hotel a rating of "average." While the hotel lobby and breakfast area are nice, I thought the rooms were OK...and really that is where you spend the majority of your time in a hotel. The room itself was spacious with a king bed and sitting area (couch/desk). The bed and pillows were quite comfortable. I think I would've rated this hotel as "very good" if it hadn't been for the bathroom. There was a yellowish stain on the overly-caulked shower/tub that caught my eye. The sink area looks like it has been updated recently, but the shower wasn't touched. And it needed it. Several people on here have raved about the service. I didn't really interact much with the staff other than a normal check-in. Nothing special to note about the service, in my experience. Overall, it's suits the purpose of a place to crash for the night at a cheap rate, but I think there are nicer places to stay nearby.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the second floor, make sure to ask NOT to be placed in a room that opens onto t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Cindy P, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry you do not think our hotel lived up to its online reviews. I would like to apologize for the condition of your shower. We are in the process of renovating the guestrooms.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast

Address: 9705 State Route 14, Streetsboro, OH 44241
Location: United States > Ohio > Streetsboro
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Streetsboro
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Streetsboro Hotel Streetsboro
Wingate Hotel Streetsboro
Wingate Cleveland East
Wingate By Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast Ohio

If you own or manage Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.