“Very nice and peaceful stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Stow
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Very nice and peaceful stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel has been nicely remodeled. Our room was facing away from the freeway and was very quiet. The room was very clean every day! The only comment I could make for improvement was the breakfast arrangement - there really should just be a sign showing what is included in the "free breakfast" that you get with your room. It would eliminate a lot of confusion and save the people working behind the counter having to tell every single person when they ask. Overall the hotel was very nice and we will definitely stay again when visiting NEO!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
cathy p, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you so much for the kind words and review of your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to give us feed back. We love our new rooms as well! Going forward we sure will take your suggestion and do a better job explaining the breakfast program for those who book the package. Good idea! We hope to see you back here soon.

Cathy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New Canaan, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Courtyard Marriott was the nicest hotel I stayed in traveling this week. The hotel looks brand new and the lobby is open and colorful. Very friendly staff and night auditor who gave me a free midnight snack. The gym is pretty nice with treadmills which are in great shape. My room was very spacious and I had a nice view. Great location for getting around the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

I love that you took the time to write a review and a great one at that! My night auditor was excited that you recognized her, they some times get ignored on that shift. Although the hotel is not new it is newly renovated and looks fabulous!

Cathy
Los Gatos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The rooms are newly renovated and nice. Each room has a king bed or 2 doubles, plus a sofa and small chair. We were on the 2nd floor on the side of the hotel not facing the highway, such that the room was quiet. The only downside was that the 1st floor and lobby were undergoing renovation, which meant there was extra dust and construction by the elevators and lobby, but this did not really diminish our stay. The plus was that breakfast is complimentary until the renovation is complete.

Room Tip: Rooms not by the highway are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Team hotel for my son's AAU basketball tournament. Hotel is in the midst of being renovated, our room was freshly redone and included a mini fridge and a microwave. Noise from passerby in the hallways is considerable, as is the freeway on the east side of the building (who knew so many 18 wheelers drive through Akron at 2:30 in the morning!?!). The hotel is conveniently located with restaurants nearby. Assuming they don't raise the rates once the renovations are completed , the hotel is a decent value for the money. If I ever return I will definitely request a west facing room and bring ear plugs to block out people talking as they walk down the hallway.

Stayed April 2014
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback.
We greatly appreciate choosing the Courtyard on your recent visit to the Akron area.

We are sorry to hear that noise was an issue for you.
We are happy to hear that the hotel fit all of your other needs.

Thank you so much for your continued support of the Courtyard Akron - Stow
Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is actually the second time we have driven to Stow and stayed at this Courtyard Marriott for a few days. It is located near Route 8 north of Akron, and it is just a bit off of the busy traffic and noise. In fact, it is next to a marsh or wetland area which has many birds. For us, the birds were calming. Our room was comfortable with a King and a balcony with seating which was clean and comfortable. We had a few small issues with plumbing, but they were corrected promptly with apologies. Breakfast is offered in house; however, directly across the main road is a wonderful small coffee house that offers food as well. We enjoyed this as well as the Courtyard for a few day escape.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west and the fields or wetlands. A King with a balcony adds comfort and space...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great comment. We are very happy that we could offer such a nice relaxing weekend away.

We greatly appreciate you choosing the Courtyard Akron Stow and we look forward to your next visit.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I checked in on Monday. Lobby was very pretty and is going to have a major renovation soon. I enjoyed sitting by the fire doing some work with a colleague. When I was getting settled in my room a TV repairman showed up and had to fix the TV. Took about 45 minutes, not a big deal. The heat in the room would not work and required a maintenance man to visit and correct the issue. Then the heat would not turn off. It ran all night.......despite me turning it off. Checking out on Tuesday April 8 at 6 am, I was asked how my night was.....explained about the heat etc. The lady asked the question but could have cared less when I explained. Maybe she was a little sleepy due to it being 6 am. Bill for the night over $200.00 for a horrible nights sleep due to excessive room temp.
The hotel rooms have just been renovated and are very nice. I travel for business 4 nights a week and Marriott hotels are my hotel of choice.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Tracey,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard on your recent trip to the Akron-Stow area.
I am very sorry to hear that your experience was not up to your standards, or ours.

I will pass these concerns on to the staff to ensure we take care of the issues.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms.

I would like to discuss the issues you encountered and see what I can do to get you back to give us another try.
Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss.

330.945.9722

Thank you again for your continued support to Marriott and Courtyard.
We greatly appreciate you staying with us.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Our team stayed at this hotel while we were in town to play some soccer games and I would definitely return to this hotel in a heartbeat! It started with great service from the Director of Sales, Ben Farmer. He bent over backwards to accommodate our team needs and made sure they were ready for us when we checked-in a bus load of girls. The hot and cold breakfast was terrific and was included in our room at a very reasonalby price! The great service continued throughout the weekend from the front desk and kitchen staff . And most importantly, the rooms were clean and neat. I do like Courtyards ... they are consistently very good!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Ghawks,

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard on your recent trip to the Stow area.
I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience. We love hearing great feedback like this. I have recognized Ben for his outstanding service.
I am very happy to hear that the service from start to finish was excellent.

We look forward to your next trip so that we can continue to WOW you!

Thank you so much for your continued support to the Courtyard Akron-Stow

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow? Share your experiences!