“Clean and Decent Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Stow
Columbus, Oh
“Clean and Decent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I would stay here again if staying in Stow. There really isn't a whole lot to say about this particular hotel, which is good. I guess a good way to describe this hotel would be: it's a typical Coutyard.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Chris H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott on your recent trip to Stow. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I travel to Stow/Canton area several times a year. I stayed at the Stow Marriott last year and have reservations in a few months. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I was told the bar was open in the evenings, however when I stayed, there was no service. Hope it is open during next visit.

Room Tip: I asked for room not backing up to highway. My room was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've stayed here twice now for the Akron Marathon. They offer shuttle service to and from the race. The hotel is comfortable, quiet, and clean. Friendly staff! There are lots of restaurants close by. There's a Dunkin Donuts and a McDonalds within walking distance. Nice breakfast served in the am. Check to see if its included with your room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott on your recent trip to Stow. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay We love hearing that our staff and building exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next stay.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I travel to Ohio from New York on Business several times a month- Sometimes with a coworker and we've yet to have a problem. We typically only stay at Marriott, Hilton or Embassy Suites on our trips. We have only stayed in the Jacuzzi rooms at this location and they (the rooms) are always clean, always smell good, and the beds are always comfortable. Staff is very accommodating and helpful.

There are many restaurants in the area. We prefer going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and Rockne's for lunch. Food is always decent, drinks are cheap and they are within walking distance.

My coworker usually goes to Solon, Ohio and I go to Akron. He drives for 30-40 minutes depending on 8S traffic, but there is nothing in Solon that compares to this Courtyard property which is why he doesn't stay in Solon. We get two rooms but I always make sure I'm on an upper floor as the jacuzzi room on the first floor is across from the laundry and pool and it can get loud in the hall sometimes.

I'm not sure what the gentleman with the deep voice is talking about- We typically party at night when the girls from accounting/Customer Service get out, and we have never had a complaint or someone bang on the walls. Three people in a jacuzzi tub can be loud sometimes, but we never bothered anyone. I Skype Video chat with my kids every night I'm there and sometimes I find myself getting louder but still I've never had any complaints. I've never heard traffic noise or noise from other rooms.

Property wise, the place is always immaculate. Food from the Cafe is relatively cheap, the pool is always clean, and the small gym is always clean and working. The breakfast is worth the extra money. Great food. We get quite a few drinks at the bar and they are usually perfect. I just wish they would carry Hendricks *Hint to Management*

They are planning a huge remodel in the Spring and plan on removing some or all of the Jacuzzi rooms. We'll probably continue staying there even if they get rid of the rooms, but I'll miss them.

In conclusion, my company usually puts upwards of $3k into this place a month because we love it here. I'm sure there are other places that are cheaper, but you get what you pay for. If you haven't stayed here before, try it out.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor Jacuzzi room for the best experience. They are all located at the end of the h...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed here for a week in January 2014. The hotel is good and the service is also nice.

Compared to another Marriott they have a microwave in the room and a larger fridge which is great. It really helped me since sometimes I eat frozen food.

The breakfast menu is also good and the staff is courteous.

I just have one complaint. My room was not cleaned properly on the first day. the Towels were on the floor and the trash was also not cleared.

However,this was okay from the next day onwards.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Seems I have the best luck when staying at Marriotts and this place was no exception. Top notch staff, very clean everywhere, extremely comfortable bed for a terrific sleep. Easy to get to off the highway and worth every penny. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Biglerville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The staff at this hotel is exceptional.They make you feel like their most important customer.The hotel was very clean and comfortable.I highly recommend this hotel.You will not be disappointed at all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow
Hampton Inn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#3 of 5 in Fairlawn
4.0 of 5 stars 281 reviews

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow? Share your experiences!