“Good choice over Christmas” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Stow
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good choice over Christmas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We decided to stop here when Christmas got a little crowded at the host house. Good choice. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, easy accress to highways, coffee in the morning, and great rate.Good choice for us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Stow! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience which allowed you to get away from the crowd to relax. I hope the rest of your holiday week was enjoyable. Thanks for staying with us!

-Jason J Jackson - General Manager

Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We used the Marriott Courtyard in Stow for our wedding guests for the weekend and for our rehearsal. They were absolutely wonderful. They went out of their way to make sure that everything ran smoothly. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. We would definitley use this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Lynn S,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend for such a special event!! I'm happy to hear that our staff helped make your weekend run smoothly.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Stow,

Jason J Jackson - GM
Wheeling, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

It was nice, clean. Walls are paper thin evidentially. Felt like I was in the neighbors rooms with them. Needs some updating. We were mainly there very short time, just to sleep and change but if we had been there longer I think I would have disliked it more.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dew1027
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear dew1027,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us some excellent feedback. We truly appreciate all reviews and feedback received! I sincerely hope the noise from the neighbors was not too much of a disruption, but understand how that can be an inconvenience and frustration.

I am excited to share that in the next few months we are looking forward to starting a renovation that will update all guest rooms as well as our lobby and public space! I'm sure this update will be a rejuvenation to the hotel.

Fairlawn, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I am Marriott rewards member for over 10 years. I normally stay non courtyard marriott that includes breakfast. This morning there was no greeter and got breakfast like we normally do. We got our own water, juice, food, etc... A server shows up and tells us that there are cost to breakfast. I tried to speak with the GM and he had no empathy or understanding and made no customer service exception. He could have made one exemption and in the future I would know their policy. Mr. Marriott would not have accepted how Jason treated their loyal customer!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank MarriottRewards-1
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear MarriottRewards-1,

I am very sorry for your frustration. We receive requests nearly every day for an exception to be made regarding Courtyard's breakfast charges. While we truly do appreciate the loyalty of all Marriott Rewards guests, we choose to maintain integrity and not make an exception for one guest and not everyone else.

We sincerely value you as a Marriott customer and hope your future stays with Marriott are enjoyable.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I happened to be driving in to meet friends for a concert at the nearby Blossom facility. I am a gold Marriott member, so i do my fair share of staying at Marriott's. After leaving Chicago at 5 am, and getting into the hotel about noon, I just wanted to rest. Sean, at the front desk, was awesome. The room I was was assigned was not ready but he found me a room that I could get into and rest while waiting for my friends to arrive. The room was plenty big even with 2 queen beds. The one complaint I had - we had 3 women in the room, and the little mirror at the cramped sink are was not enough. There is no reason they cannot have a mirror near the desk or elsewhere on all the empty wall space in the room.

It was very convenient to go to a concert at Blossom. It was about a 5 minute drive with no traffic.

If I happen to be in the area again, I would definitely go back to this Courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway to avoid road noise!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Patti,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us recently. I am very happy to hear your experience was pleasant and enjoyable. I will share your comments with Sean and the rest of our team. Sean is a recent addition to our desk team and will be thrilled to see your comments.

We will be undergoing a renovation in a few months and I have passed your comments regarding placing another mirror in the guest room.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to the area.

Jason J Jackson- GM
Lilburn, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Like the previous poster, I too am a Platinum with Marriott. Apparently, this is a very popular location because they were sold out the night I arrived.

When checking in, I was promptly greeted by the Assistant GM who genuinely made me feel welcome. While she was processing my credit card, I was able to watch the interactions with two other staff members and two guests. They were receiving the same attentive service as I was being provided.

The room was just as you would expect from a Courtyard.

My planned two night stay was subject to change, so I had my bag packed just in case I finished my work assignment early. When it was clear I would finish early, I called the hotel to have my bag brought to the front desk. The clerk was delightful to deal with and was appreciative of the early notice since they were sold out again that night. When I arrived to retrieve my bag, the desk clerk had attached a personal thank you note to my bag.

My compliments to the management for the excellent customer service spirit instilled in the staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Dana M,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We truly appreciate all feedback from our guests. We take pride in the service we extend to our guests and your comments will be shared with our team this week.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again for your next visit to the area.

Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed for two evenings during a PGA event in Akron and the Hall of Fame game in Canton. The hotel was busy but the staff handled it all very well.
We have stayed here before and this is a consistent, high performing hotel.
Our rate was high ($240. a night) so not cheap, but given the quality of the hotel and the timing of events an OK value.
The pool, exercise room and laundry room were all top notch-clean, well lit and easy to access.

Room Tip: When reserving, try to get a room rate that includes breakfast. It will save you over $20 a meal.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear WITravels1512,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel again for your recent return visit to the area. We strive to provide a consistent and high quality experience for our guests and we're pleased your experience was as such. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Jason J Jackson- General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#3 of 3 in Cuyahoga Falls
3.0 of 5 stars 17 reviews

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow? Share your experiences!