“Great 1 night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Stow
Chicago, Illinois
“Great 1 night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I happened to be driving in to meet friends for a concert at the nearby Blossom facility. I am a gold Marriott member, so i do my fair share of staying at Marriott's. After leaving Chicago at 5 am, and getting into the hotel about noon, I just wanted to rest. Sean, at the front desk, was awesome. The room I was was assigned was not ready but he found me a room that I could get into and rest while waiting for my friends to arrive. The room was plenty big even with 2 queen beds. The one complaint I had - we had 3 women in the room, and the little mirror at the cramped sink are was not enough. There is no reason they cannot have a mirror near the desk or elsewhere on all the empty wall space in the room.

It was very convenient to go to a concert at Blossom. It was about a 5 minute drive with no traffic.

If I happen to be in the area again, I would definitely go back to this Courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway to avoid road noise!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Patti,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us recently. I am very happy to hear your experience was pleasant and enjoyable. I will share your comments with Sean and the rest of our team. Sean is a recent addition to our desk team and will be thrilled to see your comments.

We will be undergoing a renovation in a few months and I have passed your comments regarding placing another mirror in the guest room.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to the area.

Jason J Jackson- GM

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lilburn, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Like the previous poster, I too am a Platinum with Marriott. Apparently, this is a very popular location because they were sold out the night I arrived.

When checking in, I was promptly greeted by the Assistant GM who genuinely made me feel welcome. While she was processing my credit card, I was able to watch the interactions with two other staff members and two guests. They were receiving the same attentive service as I was being provided.

The room was just as you would expect from a Courtyard.

My planned two night stay was subject to change, so I had my bag packed just in case I finished my work assignment early. When it was clear I would finish early, I called the hotel to have my bag brought to the front desk. The clerk was delightful to deal with and was appreciative of the early notice since they were sold out again that night. When I arrived to retrieve my bag, the desk clerk had attached a personal thank you note to my bag.

My compliments to the management for the excellent customer service spirit instilled in the staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Dana M,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We truly appreciate all feedback from our guests. We take pride in the service we extend to our guests and your comments will be shared with our team this week.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again for your next visit to the area.

Jason J Jackson
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed for two evenings during a PGA event in Akron and the Hall of Fame game in Canton. The hotel was busy but the staff handled it all very well.
We have stayed here before and this is a consistent, high performing hotel.
Our rate was high ($240. a night) so not cheap, but given the quality of the hotel and the timing of events an OK value.
The pool, exercise room and laundry room were all top notch-clean, well lit and easy to access.

Room Tip: When reserving, try to get a room rate that includes breakfast. It will save you over $20 a meal.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear WITravels1512,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel again for your recent return visit to the area. We strive to provide a consistent and high quality experience for our guests and we're pleased your experience was as such. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Jason J Jackson- General Manager
Toledo, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

The property is very new and in great condition. We had a great 2 room suite- full 2 rooms with a double sink bathroom (nicer than home), king bed, pull out love seat, pull out chair (located in the bedroom and perfect for my 4 year old), wet bar, mini fridge, microwave, balcony, and 2 tv's. Great size for my family, who came with me on this trip. Free wireless Internet- a fantastic plus as many upscale hotels i visit on business charge for this, which irritates me to no end. Lobby was nice, and though I didn't spend any time in it I noticed there was a bar and lots of comfy looking seating. I used the fitness center during my stay- it was small, with only 3 pieces of equipment and a set of weights. But it seemed adequate for the use it got, as I usually was either in there alone or with one other person. Didn't use the pool or hot tub, but they were located right next to the fitness room and seemed nice enough. My only real gripe was breakfast, it was just so expensive, though the offerings were good and the service great. We have family in the Akron area, and often visit. I will definitely consider staying here again on future trips.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear TeacherLadyToledo_OH,

Thank you very much for taking a moment to review our hotel. Your review was a true compliment as the hotel is actually nearly 7 years old. We strive to maintain very high standards of cleanliness and condition! I can understand your comment about a pricey breakfast. In just a few short months, we will be renovating our entire lobby and offering a brand new breakfast concept to our hotel - offering a variety of options (a la carte or menu selections) with a range of pricing that may better suit your needs. Again, thank you for providing a review of our hotel and we look forward to your future stays!

Jason J Jackson - General Manager
Brandon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had a 19 night stay @ this property. The property is in ok shape, nothing spectacular. Heated pool area is great. The workout room is also good and gives a view of the pool as you exercise. The staff's service is spotty, if not disorganized. I'm not going to condemn them as they were going through a change in ownership and it may have played a role in their performance. The general manager truly seems to care and when he is present, everything goes as it should. When the cat is away the mice do play. The 'bartender' doesn't spend any time at the bar, he is often found chit chatting at the front desk and telling jokes. The front desk staff is courteous and helpful, but I had to remind them often to alert me promptly when I received packages, correspondence and faxes. I'm sure they will get better. The highlight here is the housekeeping staff. They do a superb job and management follows up often to make sure they deliver. The maintenance staff is super fast and also very nice to customers. When a bulb gave out, I didn't even have to call. Within hours the maintenance guy showed up because housekeeping alerted him. Amazing!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. Also make sure you ask the front desk, as not all rooms have a fridge and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear RafySoto,

Thank you very much for your candid and very valuable feedback regarding your recent long term stay. You have provided some excellent feedback regarding our service and can be assured that we will take your comments as a learning moment as we continue to strive for continued excellent customer service.

Jason J Jackson - GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I travel over 200 nights per year and this was a pleasure! Front desk personnel were helpful. Exercise room is adequate for hotel this size. Lobby spacious and clean. Rooms clean. Good area with restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jason J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We take pride in the quality of our service and cleanliness of our hotel. We all appreciate our guests taking the time to write a review and hope to see you again in the future!

Yours truly,
Jason Jackson-General Manager
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I got this hotel through Priceline. The highest star rating available in the area was 3 stars, and this was one of them. I would say it is nothing special. It didn't seem to be any better than a lower-rated hotel such as Comfort Inn or Quality Inn.

Pros:
Friendly staff
Clean carpet and bedding
Nice TV
Short drive from downtown Akron

Cons:
Small room (I had a room with 2 Queen beds)
Located right beside noisy highway - a lot of noise in room
Shower didn't drain properly - yuck!

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a room that is not on the side of the highway. I don't know if it would cut...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Ohiovisitor2010,
Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. My apologies for the issue you had with noise in your room, thanks for bringing it to our attention. We hope to see you in the future!
Yours truly,
Jason Jackson, General Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Akron Stow? Share your experiences!