“Very nice hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very nice hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We stayed here one night and it was a very pleasant stay. Check in/out was easy and there's plenty of parking.

We paid in advance for a king room and were upgraded to a jacuzzi king room because the hotel was booked and had to upgrade us. It was a nice, sizable room with a comfortable bed, a chair with ottoman, and a desk with free Internet capability. We were in the room about 30 mins. before the desk clerk called to see if we needed anything and if we enjoyed the upgrade. That was a nice touch.

We paid $119 with tax, which I think is a little high for this area given that there isn't much around it. They include a nice breakfast spread every morning until 10 a.m. But if you're in the mood to go out, there are 3 restaurants within walking distance. THey also have a little area where you can buy microwavable stuff in the lobby. I didn't notice whether we had a microwave in the room, but there was one in the breakfast area, which seems to be open at all times. THey also provide a small coffee pot and coffee in the room.

We weren't there long enough to use the indoor pool or weight room, but they looked decent.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Stow several times over the last couple of months while playing baseball in the area. The employees are very friendly. The hotel is extremely clean. Rooms are spacious and quiet. There are several resturants close by (Texas Roadhouse, TGI Fridays, Damons). The pool was very clean and nice. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Upstate New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2007

We stayed one night at the Hampton Inn. This one seems to be newer, with fancier fixtures than I've seen in some Hampton Inns. The service was fine, everything was very clean, and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2007

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel when we went to Ohio to visit Kent State University - which is about 20 minutes away. Everything about the hotel was excellent. Our room was very quiet, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and provided all needed assistance. Would not hesitate to book this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for two weeks in February and enjoyed it so much I returned for another week in March. I travel frequently because of my job and wish all hotels were of this quality. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished. I can't speak to the quality of the complimentary breakfast since there is a Dunkin' Donuts nearby and couldn't resist. On all occasions, the staff was helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Johnson City, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for a concert at Blossom Music Center (which is very close by). We were very pleased with the room. It was very clean, quiet, and the bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in. In fact, we stayed in bed until 2:30pm because the concert didn't start until 3pm. We used the computer room to use the internet, which I thought was very convenient. The pool was nice, as well as the hot tub. The continental breakfast was delicious and well stocked until 10am. Overall, we had a wonderful time at this Hampton Inn. (Oh yeah...the bathroom was beautiful!)

• Liked — Location to Blossom Music Center
  • Disliked — Construction going on beside hotel, but this wasn't a big deal, nor did we hear it during our stay.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PA OH border
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2006

Beautiful, clean and new hotel. Check in was slow, staff seemed unexperienced.

We checked in at 3 PM (so other rooms were available), yet we were given a room on the first floor that was sandwiched between the ice machine and the breakfast room.

At 5:30 AM, we were woken up by banging on the wall, which continued for the next hour or so. This wall was ajacent to the breakfast room and I assume the noise started when the employees started their shift and was preparing for the breakfast crowd.

Upon check out we told the desk clerk about the bad location/noise in the room. We could tell by his unexperience that he did not know how to handle a complaint, so we did not push the issue any further.

Through the Hampton Inn web site, I emailed my complaint, hoping that it reached the proper managment person. After several emails and a call to their 800 line, I was notifed that my nights stay would be credited. (We were not looking for a free room, but that was a nice surprise.) I was told that they had done extensive sound proofing in that particluar room, but obvoiusly it was not corrected. They thanked me for my comments.

Overall, we would stay again, but we would be more selective about our room upon check in.

• Tips/Secrets — Do not stay in room 101
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn? Share your experiences!