“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Stow
Northern Kentucky
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Staff was very friendly and room was clean and comfortable. Hotel was very quiet and breakfast met our needs. Overall, a good choice for a reasonable price. Pool area and hot tub were empty, so we had it to ourselves. Internet worked well on my Kindle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hampton_Stow, Manager at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Our pool and hot tub area is perfect to just relax and enjoy some time with family. It also is great to get away to have fun when it is snowy and to cold to go outside. I am happy to hear about your stay. It is always special to hear that our guest our enjoying their stay with us. Next time it's cold out side or you simply want to relax I hope you think of us.

Hampton Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Newton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area. The staff was very friendly, from the desk clerks to the staff in the breakfast bar. The rooms were clean and had very comfortable beds. We used the pool and hot tub which were really nice, and also clean. Internet in the room was fast. We got a good rate using our AARP membership.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hampton_Stow, Manager at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We offer a variety of discounts. Our most popular is AAA, AARP, and our advance purchase discounts. We also offer corporate discounts to those traveling on business. Simply see a Front desk clerk and ask them for all possible discounts and we will try to get you the best rate possible. I hope to see you again soon, Hope you had a great Easter!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I got what I considered a great rate here - perhaps because it was a weekend stay in the middle of winter! The rooms are nice, but I had to move very soon after arriving due to rowdy kids (perhaps also attracted by the low rate) who were apparently playing football in their room above me, and some loud ones down the hall. The hotel was far from full, so getting me moved to the top floor on the other side was not a problem for the front desk, even though that entailed a slight room upgrade (with microwave & fridge, neither of which I used). The room was nicely appointed, the bed comfortable, and all worked as it should

Breakfast was OK but not any better than other midrange hotels ... in fact, I thought Hampton might be a slight notch above midrange, and expected a little bit better. In particular, the eggs seemed a bit strange, unnatural in size/shape of bits, and in texture.

What was very disappointing was the internet speed. I ran a speed test, and at 0.5 mbps, it was literally 99% slower than mine at home, where I have 50 mbps fiber optics in what is a typical residential package. Checking my webmail on Google, the chat feature would often not load because the speeds were so slow. In their defense, Hampton's connection page does warn you the speeds are not for video. Talk about an understatement! Even as a slow connection, it went in and out a fair bit.

As a purely sleep place, it's pretty good, though the walls (and floors) are thin. The food is OK - you'll have sustenance for the morning, if not the day. [For dinner, there's a Texas Roadhouse nearby which is pretty good.] But these days, most people depend on faster internet than this hotel offers, and it cramps one's style to stay connected on the road with a bottom-of-the-barrel internet service like Hampton Inn provides here.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, otherwise you may hear those above you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hampton_Stow, Manager at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I am happy to inform you that our internet had an upgrade recently and are operating at a higher speed. As for breakfast I can assure you that our breakfast is Hampton standard. Our made-to-order waffles, oatmeal that have recently been added to our breakfast have had great feedback from many guest. I hope you are able to give us another try and see for yourself the various improvements to the internet and other areas of the hotel to make your next stay as enjoyable as you know and love the Hampton brand to be.

Levittown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great place to stay!! The staff is very helpful and courteous. Like other Hampton Inns, the rooms are always very clean and quiet. The complimentary breakfast is good and hot. I will always stay at a Hampton Inn when possible. Great price too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hampton_Stow, Manager at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Glad to hear it, Thanks for your wonderful comment. It's always great to hear good feedback and look forward to your next visit with us.

Holland, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Was comfortable but not up to the Hilton standard I have come to expect. Slightly dirty and the some of the food was bad. Maybe spoiled. The hot tub had mold growing around the edges and everything was gross feeling in the pool area. The bathroom in the room looked like mold had been painted over and the mold was starting to grow back through. Other than that the stay was okay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hampton_Stow, Manager at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We strive for excellence that is why we have the 100% guarantee. If at anytime during your stay you are not satisfied just come to the desk or seek any member of our team and simply explain why your not happy with your stay and you will not have to pay for that night. I apologize that you had a unpleasant stay with us. I assure you I will address the issues you have stated and hope you reconsider staying with us again next time your in the area. I look forward to impressing you on your next visit.

Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel is clean. Staff friendly.
Only complaint was the internet speed. LAN line was slow. No option to upgrade to faster speed. Slow night for getting things done. Average rating because of Internet during a business stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hampton_Stow, Manager at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I am more than happy to announce that our Internet is not running at a high capacity. We recently made some updates to our High Speed Internet and are operating with fiber optic cables. Since the change we have seen some major improvements and have had zero complaints our our internet speed. I hope you are able to give us another chance and to see for yourself the wonderful improvement to our internet.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hubby and I stayed at this Hampton one Thanksgiving while visiting the folks in the Akron area, and although it is a 20 minute drive from their place, we wouldn't stay anywhere else now. Super friendly and accommodating, clean rooms, nice breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hampton_Stow, Manager at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. We are located so close to Rt. 8 , which I hope made it easier on that 20 minute drive time. I am glad to hear about your stay and hope to see you during your next visit or next holiday when your in the area.

Hampton Inn

Been to Hampton Inn? Share your experiences!