“Down Home Hampton” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Down Home Hampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The staff makes you feel like family in this conveniently located suburban hampton….near restaurants….and highway….clean and friendly staff is awesome…love this hampton..make sure to eat local near the hotel and take advantage of discounts…ask at the hotel for coupons..

Room Tip: all rooms comfortable…but not near elevator….nice pool too
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thanks Gypsy1102!
I am glad we were able to make your stay a success! You are so right about the local food spots around us. T.G.I.F. , Texas Roadhouse, and Rockne's are so close that you don't even have to drive, if its nice out. These restaurant also give us great coupons all the time and we love to give them to our guest. Simply ask a front desk clerk for food coupons when you are staying with us, we would be more than happy to help find you the perfect place to eat! P.S. sometime all you need is your room key to get a discount at some of these restaurants. Hope to see you real soon, Thanks again. Have a great Memorial Day!
Front Desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night when several Little League teams were also in town (and staying on the floor above us!). The boys started running up and down the halls, jumping up and down, etc. Our headboards were even shaking from the chaos above. When I called the front desk, an extremely friendly man answered, apologized profusely, and the noise was completely silenced within 2 minutes. He called back to check on us and asked that we please call back as soon as we hear any other disturbances. Fortunately, the team remained quiet the rest of the night. Aside from the excellent customer service, the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was simple and basically continental (with a couple extra options of oatmeal and scrambled eggs). Both the oatmeal and scrambled eggs were delicious, as was the muffin I carried back to my room. The only issue we had was the temperature of the room. The heater wasn't working properly, and even set on 72 degrees, blew chilly air. I won't put this on the hotel, however, because we did nothing to remedy the situation. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank You Lauren!

I want to thank you personally for being patient about the noise. When we get big groups in sometimes they can get a little loud and crazy. I am so happy to here that we were able to get the team to calm down. I appreciate your feedback on the heater, I will be sure to let the maintenance guy know about the issue and hope to get the room heater/ air conditioner to the perfect settings for your next visit. Look forward to your next stay with us, and can't wait to see you again. Thanks again, hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We only stayed one night for a two day tournament. We chose not to stay at the hotel where the tournament was held, and boy were we glad we chose to stay at the Hampton Inn in Stow instead. I chose this hotel based on other tripadvisor reviews. We checked in late, around 7:30pm. When we arrived I asked the front desk if we could get a room that was quiet since we had to get up early for the 2nd day of the tournament. He was not only pleasant, but went out of his way to check other rooms on another floor. We ended up choosing to stay in the room that we already had since it was further away from the elevator. He said if it's not quiet enough to be sure to call the front desk and they would take care of it. Our room was clean, the temperature control worked great, and the air/heater was quiet enough we got a very good night's sleep. One of the best sleeps I've had in a hotel. The next morning the staff was again very friendly and the breakfast was okay, but we didn't choose the hotel for their food. The only suggestion we have is to put extra non-slip sticks in the bath tub; two of slipped. We would definitely choose this hotel again....even the kids liked it! Great stay, great staff, reasonable price.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor away from the elevator and it was quiet, but the top 4th floor is proba...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
I'm glad you choose to stay with us for the Tournament, I hope they did well in the tournament. I am glad Mark was able to get you into a room that was on a quite floor. We strive to keep the hotel quite and enjoyable for all. We offer so much that I hope the kids got to take advantage of the pool and breakfast. I will let maintenance know about the non slip grips in the tub, I apologize two people fell in the tub. I hope to see you again for another tournament that may be in the area. Please let all your friends and other team-mate parents know that they are more than welcome to stay with us! We also offer great group rates of rooms 10 or more rooms. Thanks for the great review, Have a great weekend!!!

Nate Hoskins & Amber McCune
Youngstown, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stay was OK. Home fries for breakfast were great. Upset no movies in the room. Room heat dried us out bad. Had headache and bloody nose next morning.

• Stayed March 2012
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
All reviews are important to us and I would like to thank you for your review. All our guest have access to HBO. Our HBO channels are on the TV channel guide in the room. I personally love HBO and could watch their movies for hours. I am glad you loved our breakfast . You have my sincerest apologies about the dry room. I know my skin gets super dried out in the winter especially from being inside all the time. Ohio's weather is so unpredictable. I hope you are able to see past the dry room and give us another try, maybe in the summer. Our pool is great for relaxing and taking time to just relax. At the Hampton Inn in Stow we want all our guest leaving happy and satisfied.
Happy Easter!
Lockport, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Way to go Hampton Inn at Stow, Ohio!!! My husband and I stayed here on a trip to watch our daughter compete in the MAC Indoor Track & Field Championships at U of Akron this past weekend. I chose this hotel, as I always do, based on the reviews on Trip Advisor as I am very picky, and I can say that I was not disappointed! Our great experience began with my call to the hotel to confirm my reservation and let them know we would be arriving quite late. Much to my surprise, the girl at the front desk told me that my reservation had been cancelled. However, she quickly made me a new reservation and upgraded us to a spa room!. When we arrived it was very late (1am) and we were exhausted from a long work day and 4-hour drive. Recognizing this, the girl at the desk checked us in quickly and efficiently, and accomodated our need for a refrigerator in our room (switching us from spa room to room with fridge). She even gave us 2 complimentary bottles of water.....A very nice touch at the end of a long day! (sometimes the smallest acts of kindness are HUGE!). Our room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and breakfast in the a.m. was plentiful, even with an entire track team with a lot of very hungry athletes keeping the breakfast staff busy replenishing! Last, but not least, that morning I requested a late check-out of 12pm since my husband was not feeling well - and even though the desk clerk said that they were expecting a full house with a wedding party later that day, they were able to accomodate us -very much appreciated!!!
At a time when most businesses have forgotten the definition of "customer service", the Hampton Inn in Stow, Oh certainly has not and went above and beyond during our stay - several times! I apologize to the staff as I cannot remember the names of those who assisted us. I will not hesitate to stay here again when traveling to Akron, OH!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
I hope your daughter won the MAC track and field championship. Thank you for the great review and praises on our customer service. I know my co-workers and I appreciate it when we hear guest comments on our great customer service. It also is what I love about my job, when I hear how special we made someones stay with us. I am glad we were able to get you in, especially after the reservation mix-up. Thank you for being our guest, we love our sports teams! It's spectacular to see sports teams come back year after year and keep us updated on how they are doing. Thanks again, and tell your daughter good luck in her athletic and academic aspirations.

Can't wait to see you again!
Oxford, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stay in the area yearly when visiting family. Have stayed here twice and will continue to do so. The staff really know what service is. One staff member in particular, Annette? (the breakfast hostess), went completely above and beyond what I would expect. She went out of her way to make sure that my family was comfortable and happy. I can't describe how helpful everyone was here. Kids lost something in the lobby area, they not only called but also brought it to my door. Staff suggested kid friendly activities in the area.
Clean, comfortable rooms. We had a slight plumbing problem, which was taken care of very quickly. Breakfast was good. Pool are was clean and relaxing, ran out of towels though.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
We love having you! "Awesome," That's how excited I feel to hear about the service we were able to provide to you and your family. The Hampton inn is perfect for a winter getaway. With a great breakfast, pool and spa, and newly renovated lobby it would make anyone feel at home. I am so glad Annette was able to above and beyond for you and your kids. When your in the area again, we can't wait to give you some more exciting kid friendly activities. Stow, Hudson, Cuyahoga Falls and Akron have so much going on it's hard to do some much all at once. I can't wait to make your next stay as enjoyable as the last. I hope to see you soon, Thanks for the feedback! It's always great to hear, see and show people why we are the #1 hotel in Stow.

Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Recently stayed at The Hampton Inn in Stow, Ohio for a business trip. Total of 5 nights. Hotel and room were reasonably clean. Had mixed service experience with the staff. Some of the younger hotel employees were polite and courteous. One of the older female employees at the desk was not very friendly, or polite.

My room heater was not working. They did get me another room promptly.
Breakfast at the hotel was good. The Texas Roadhouse nearby was very crowded and food was mediocre.

I was shocked to see my bill at checkout...$140.00/night with taxes added. For that price, in a suburb of Akron-Ohio, I would expect a Hyatt or Marriott level hotel.

I give it a 3 star....ok experience, but NOT worth the money. Next time I'm in the area for business, I will be looking at other hotels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Nate_Hoskins, Front Desk at Hampton Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for writing to us, and to assure you that we do read all the tripadvisor reviews and consider your suggestions carefully. In your review you mentioned that you felt that the value of the room was a little pricey. Our rates do fluctuate and change with demand and availability of room and room types. We try to exceed everyone's expectations of the value of service received, as well as amenities. Did you know you can save up to 15% when you book 14 days in advance with the Hilton Advance purchase. All you do is book online through our Hampton Website and pay for the room 2 weeks ahead of your arrival. I am glad to hear that they were able to get you in to a suitable room. It's always a pleasure to hear from everyone and appreciate your feedback, I hope you do give us another chance to show you why we are #1 in Stow on Tripadvisor.
Thanks Again, Hope to see you again!
Front Desk

Been to Hampton Inn? Share your experiences!