“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stow
North Canton, Ohio
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great hotel for a great price. Had 4 adults in a comfortably sized 2 queen bed suite. We had a seperate bedroom area with tv. In the main room there was a pull out couch and chair and a desk chair. The kitchen area had an electric range for 2, sink, dishwaher, large refrigerator. There were also available pans, dishes and even a packet of dishwasher detergent for clean up. We really enjoyed the room. The pool and hot tub were great - and the best part is that it is open 24 hours a day for your convience. The breakfast in the morning was terrific with juice/soda/coffee/tea options and lots of food options like eggs, waffles, cereal. yogurt and fresh fruit. The location is easy to get to right off the highway and check in/out was a breeze. The staff seemed very friendly and available. I cant say enough good things about this hotel. We will definitely return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Darlene M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Dgolden, Thank you so much for your commets, it always makes us smile when we hear that all that we prepare for our wonderful guests is thoroughly enjoyed by them. The 24 hour access to the pool is always a "Winner" so you feel free to come back anytime, we would be so happy to have you.

Darlene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Newark, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here for nine months beginning in March of 2012 and ending December 2012. The stay was excellent and I can not recommend this hotel enough. Darlene Mayes, the manager, went above and beyond in making my stay both relaxed and worry free. She genuinely cared about the quality and comfort during my time at the Staybridge Suites and this care was reflected in the excellent staff. Zach Ferguson, Alicia Gallucci, Jessica McKinney, Vickie Baker, Kim Peak and Marcie Troxell took very good care of me. I've been living in hotels for seven years, now, and the staff really make or break a long term stay. The crew at the Staybridge is top notch.

Any problems (and there were exceptionally few for the size of this hotel) were resolved with professionalism and good humor, especially the problems the hotel had with Time Warner Cable's business internet. I know Darlene had her hands full with that particular issue as my work required an always on internet connection.

The rooms are high end and spacious. I had a 1 bedroom king suite for my entire stay which had a kitchenette (full sized fridge, dishwasher and two burners), two flat screen televisions, large work spaces and a nice bath. I had no mechanical trouble with any of the features of the room and the place was very well insulated against sound.

The breakfast is great with numerous options and in the evenings on Tues, Wed and Thurs there is a light dinner available. This was great for me as I could grab something in the morning or evening and bring it up to my desk in my room so I could eat while working. During the summers Wed evening was grilling so there were burgers, brats, hot dogs and the like which was excellent as one could sit in the courtyard with a beer and relax. It made the hotel feel far more homelike and that's always appreciated when I travel away from my home.

I can not recommend this hotel enough and I hope that my work will bring me back to it soon.

~ Jon H.

Room Tip: If going for extended stay, get a 1 bedroom suite. Try to get a room in the west wing of the hotel...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
I want to take this opportunity to thank you so very much for your Outstanding comments, it makes us all so proud to know that we are able to serve wonderful people like you. You were a joy and a pleasure to have here and we do hope to see you again. I will share these comments with the rest of the staff.

Again, we thank you and have a wonderful New Year!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We booked a two night stay in what I thought would be a nice but average suite hotel. Boy was I surprised! From my first welcome at the front desk This has been a stellar experience. The room/suite is spacious, well appointed, and comfortable. The public spaces are very homey. A movie room. LOVE IT. The staff is so happy, warm and welcoming. Plenty of room to entertain here and the ability to really cook. Kitchen is well equipped. There is workout space and an indoor pool too!

The breakfast was great. Lots of healthy options. We arrived late in the evening but saw there was a managers reception with a Thanksgiving menu last night. A very good value for a traveling family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Darlene M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
We were so delighted to have you stay with us, it was our pleasure, than you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and we hope to see you again. Thank you so much again!

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Beautiful room - the suite was spacious & clean, the bed was very comfortable....staff counldn't have been more accomodating! Best hotel in Akron -- I absolutely would stay here again and wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Akron area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Darlene040472, Manager at Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your review, I am so thrilled that you took time to tell the world about our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed yur stay with us and we look forward to your return. Please feel free to contact me for any of your future needs.

Darlene Mayes
Dublin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I booked a one-bedroom suite for one night. I booked it months in advance as I was going to The Firestone golf tournament. I had asked for a room facing AWAY from the highway. Guess what? They gave me a room FACING the highway and I could definitely hear the trucks. I don't know why other people reviewing this hotel didn't mention this. Another thing that was wrong with this hotel was the manager's reception. I was there on a Tuesday evening and the website stated that beer and wine was served at the reception. Well, none was served as they were waiting for their liquor license to be issued. I told them they should put that info on their website. Also, the "food" they served was horrible. I was expecting much more from this hotel because of all the favorable reviews. A BIG disappointment. I would NOT ever stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Katnick007,

My deepest apologies again for your experience while with us here in Stow. It is always our goal to provide Superior Customer service everytime. Unfortunately in this instance we were unable to honor all of your request, but as I mentioned when you were with us, I would love the opportunity to make it up to you.

So please by all means if you can, contact me at your convenience. As I truly stand behind our products and ammenities 100%, and we can certainly live up to that. Again, my deepest apologies!
Darlene Mayes - General Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband had business in Akron so I went with him. We got upgraded to an Executive suite. Very big and nicely decorated! This property seemed pretty new to me. We have never stayed at a Staybridge Suite property. The room was spotless and well stocked with everything you would need if you were staying for a long period of time. I would think if you are a business traveler you will be very comfortable here. It was the size of a one bed room apartment. I believe there is free laundry and they even have a laundry basket in the room for you! Someone must of listened to what people need at this place! The manager sun down reception was kind of weird. I thought they said appitizers and drinks. They had chips and ceaser salad. No drinks... We have stayed at Embassy suites and they have this same kind of thing but with cheeses , crackers,veggies etc... And wine!!! I watched a family come in with four sick kids who were sneezing all over the food. Gross!! Not the hotels fault, Mom needed to be watching them and teach how to cover mouths.YUCK!! I think the hotel is having a nightly reception should offer adults a drink, especially after a business traveler having a long day away from home. Even if they had to pay!!! It was just kind of weird! Breakfast was free and was good. Better than Holiday Inn Express breakfast ! Lots of food and the option of giving you a cute bag to take stuff with you. I enjoyed the coffee!!! The OJ was the best I think I have ever had!! YUMM. All in all I think this is a really nice place to stay! I think I would check the chain out if I was going on a vacation. Especially if you had kids. Free breakfast and the room to spread out! I would give this property a big thumbs up if you are in the Akron area.:)))

Room Tip: Ty to get an upgrade if possible
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Darlene040472, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Hello SandyToes4ever,

Thank you so much for your response, it is much appreciated! As I always strees we strive daily to be the best Extended Stay property period, and one that you will always remember. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, to include your comment about the reception, we are in the process of making some adjsutments and adding a newer fresher flare to it.

So please come and stay with us again when you are in the area, and I assure you, you will be so gald that you did!

P.S. The OJ is awesome...right? LOL - Sincerely, Darlene Mayes - General Manager
indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very nice place to stay. Obviously intended for those who are living in the area for a while, but they also accommodate the overnight traveler... which was my length of stay.

Short on hangers in the closet and some other similar expected accoutrements, but everything was very clean. Everyone there was polite and helpful. The rooms were modern, well lit and had everything one could want.

I also liked that it was bit off the interstate highway which cuts down on road noise.

No surprises, clean, modern... what more could you want.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear David Photo574,

Wht a joy and a pleaseured to read your wonderful words, I wanted to respond agian as I did prior to say once more how much I appreciate you taking out the time to say how much yuo enjoyed the hotel, that means a lot.

For those folks that are in need of an Extended stay, we want to be the premier choice for that stay and continue to strive for excellent customer service.

Again, I thank you!

Darlene Mayes

Been to Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!