“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stow
Cleveland, Ohio
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Beautiful room - the suite was spacious & clean, the bed was very comfortable....staff counldn't have been more accomodating! Best hotel in Akron -- I absolutely would stay here again and wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Akron area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Darlene040472, Manager at Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your review, I am so thrilled that you took time to tell the world about our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed yur stay with us and we look forward to your return. Please feel free to contact me for any of your future needs.

Darlene Mayes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dublin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I booked a one-bedroom suite for one night. I booked it months in advance as I was going to The Firestone golf tournament. I had asked for a room facing AWAY from the highway. Guess what? They gave me a room FACING the highway and I could definitely hear the trucks. I don't know why other people reviewing this hotel didn't mention this. Another thing that was wrong with this hotel was the manager's reception. I was there on a Tuesday evening and the website stated that beer and wine was served at the reception. Well, none was served as they were waiting for their liquor license to be issued. I told them they should put that info on their website. Also, the "food" they served was horrible. I was expecting much more from this hotel because of all the favorable reviews. A BIG disappointment. I would NOT ever stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Katnick007,

My deepest apologies again for your experience while with us here in Stow. It is always our goal to provide Superior Customer service everytime. Unfortunately in this instance we were unable to honor all of your request, but as I mentioned when you were with us, I would love the opportunity to make it up to you.

So please by all means if you can, contact me at your convenience. As I truly stand behind our products and ammenities 100%, and we can certainly live up to that. Again, my deepest apologies!
Darlene Mayes - General Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband had business in Akron so I went with him. We got upgraded to an Executive suite. Very big and nicely decorated! This property seemed pretty new to me. We have never stayed at a Staybridge Suite property. The room was spotless and well stocked with everything you would need if you were staying for a long period of time. I would think if you are a business traveler you will be very comfortable here. It was the size of a one bed room apartment. I believe there is free laundry and they even have a laundry basket in the room for you! Someone must of listened to what people need at this place! The manager sun down reception was kind of weird. I thought they said appitizers and drinks. They had chips and ceaser salad. No drinks... We have stayed at Embassy suites and they have this same kind of thing but with cheeses , crackers,veggies etc... And wine!!! I watched a family come in with four sick kids who were sneezing all over the food. Gross!! Not the hotels fault, Mom needed to be watching them and teach how to cover mouths.YUCK!! I think the hotel is having a nightly reception should offer adults a drink, especially after a business traveler having a long day away from home. Even if they had to pay!!! It was just kind of weird! Breakfast was free and was good. Better than Holiday Inn Express breakfast ! Lots of food and the option of giving you a cute bag to take stuff with you. I enjoyed the coffee!!! The OJ was the best I think I have ever had!! YUMM. All in all I think this is a really nice place to stay! I think I would check the chain out if I was going on a vacation. Especially if you had kids. Free breakfast and the room to spread out! I would give this property a big thumbs up if you are in the Akron area.:)))

Room Tip: Ty to get an upgrade if possible
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Darlene040472, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Hello SandyToes4ever,

Thank you so much for your response, it is much appreciated! As I always strees we strive daily to be the best Extended Stay property period, and one that you will always remember. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, to include your comment about the reception, we are in the process of making some adjsutments and adding a newer fresher flare to it.

So please come and stay with us again when you are in the area, and I assure you, you will be so gald that you did!

P.S. The OJ is awesome...right? LOL - Sincerely, Darlene Mayes - General Manager
indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very nice place to stay. Obviously intended for those who are living in the area for a while, but they also accommodate the overnight traveler... which was my length of stay.

Short on hangers in the closet and some other similar expected accoutrements, but everything was very clean. Everyone there was polite and helpful. The rooms were modern, well lit and had everything one could want.

I also liked that it was bit off the interstate highway which cuts down on road noise.

No surprises, clean, modern... what more could you want.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear David Photo574,

Wht a joy and a pleaseured to read your wonderful words, I wanted to respond agian as I did prior to say once more how much I appreciate you taking out the time to say how much yuo enjoyed the hotel, that means a lot.

For those folks that are in need of an Extended stay, we want to be the premier choice for that stay and continue to strive for excellent customer service.

Again, I thank you!

Darlene Mayes
Rogers, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here after attending a concert at Blossom Music Center, it is located approx. 4 miles away.
The staff was very friendly, the lobby and room were one of the cleanest I have seen in our 21 years of travel. The kitchen had a full size fridge, countertop stove, trash compactor, and dishwasher ! The bed was very comfortable and clean.
The hotel offers free food during the week, they have a calendar on the fridge letting you know what they will be having on certain days.
A great place to stay for the night or for an extended stay. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Cuyahoga Falls area. I have stayed in 2 other hotels in that exact area and this one tops them all.

Room Tip: The rooms make you feel like your at home so any room you choose should be great
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for the 2012 Bridgestone Invitational for just one night & were very pleased with our accommodations. Kitchen fridge, sink, dishes, micro & dishwasher were spotless. Bathroom was equally clean. Looked new. Shower head very large, good water pressure. Nice, large closet with iron & ironing board & laundry basket. Plenty of hangers, laundry service. We did have to call down for extra towels which were provided immediately. Front desk service was exceptional, very pleasant & friendly. TV's in living room & bedroom were both large, flat screen, well maintained. King size bed comfortable, but a little soft for us. All in all, I would definitely stay again and most certainly recommend it for a restful, comfotable, quiet stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was our first Staybridge stay for 4 days, 3 nights. Generally we stay at the Hampton Inn in Stow (just down the street). Upon arrival, there was no electricity on a day when heat indexes were high in the 90's and 100's degree marks. The staff tried to accommodate travelers with a light salad while we all waited for the power to be restored.Staybridge had no explanation as to what happened with the power. The doors at least were battery operated to the room/suite and we could use the room to settle in. After approx 2 hours with no power we noticed there were no wash clothes in the room and only 2 towels, 1 hand towel. No enough for 2 adults. We called and then waited for 3 hours. My husband walked to the front desk and said someone never showed up with the towels. He noticed that the only person on shift was a young lady trying to handle new check-ins and a phone lighted up with callers. On our 2nd day/night not only was the room not touched, but there were no fresh towels, no fresh linens, no trash removed and in addition there was no television or wi-fi service for hours. We attempted many times to contact the front desk but no one answered the phone. Hubby again goes to see what the matter is. Again, another young person, explained that she was the only person on duty and she was swamped with hundreds of calls. She explained that the night earlier (when there was no power) that only 1 staff member was there. She said she would try to find 1 empty room to get us some fresh towels, etc. On our 3 night we returned to see bath towels linens insufficient....again. We called and learned that the reason there were no bath towels, wash clothes, etc was because the power had been lost for 2 hours and the cleaning people could not do the laundry. (hmmmm, I thought). Our overall view of the problems encountered at the Staybridge is with all those rooms/suites - it was booked solid - you would think that a manager would be on-call for other staff members to come help as the power had been lost and no laundry service. This was not the case and unfortunately for us and others it proves that customer service is a top priority at a large hotel/inn such as the Staybridge. Had more staff members been on duty during this unforseen crisis; it would have been a lovely visit but for this time we have to rate it poorly in light of all the setbacks. Poor management of this Staybridge. It's scarey to think that only 1 staff member is on duty during the late evening, night and early morning.

Room Tip: Be sure to learn how many staff members will be on duty during your stay as it could turn into a hor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Staff at Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you kindly for your recent feedback on your experience at our hotel property. We wanted to take the time to thank you for choosing our property for your stay this time, as opposed to the other property that we own across the way ( Hampton Inn). On behalf of the hotel and staff we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced upon your check-in with the area power being out. Please know that we did our best ensure your comfort during your stay. Over 15,000 people experienced power outage in our area over the course of a few days in which you stayed due to heat indexes being so uncharacteristically high. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed some of the food options that were provided to you during our "Social" which we provide free to our guests every tuesday, wednesday, and thursday nights from 5:30-7:30. Your review has been very helpful to our property, and we will use the information that you have provided to make sure that action is taken to improve upon the things that are within our control. Again we would like to thank you for choosing our property and would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Been to Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!