“Poor service, pricey subpar food.” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 61 restaurants in Steubenville
Cuisines: American
“Poor service, pricey subpar food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The menu looked promising but the food was either overcooked or undercooked. Service was slow even with only one other table seated in the place. Very pricey considering the quality and portion sizes. We haven't been back since September. There are too many other options with excellent food and service in town.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Steubenville, Ohio, United States
“Classy Friendly and Convienient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I enjoy warm friendly atmospheres...espeacially when I'm entertaining a single friend or a group of friends. Greg and Debbie Froehlich, the owners, are very hard working and very accomodating. I've had & have attended many events at the Classic Corner location, both private and public. Very clean environment, friendly staff and excelent affordability. I have attended graduations parties, Elvis parties, Christmas parties, Reunions and many lunches at Classic Corner and would recommend it to anyone looking to impress someone with a nice location enjoying nice friendly service,

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wintersville, Ohio
“Quickie Lunch?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I do not know why I continue to do this to myself, every time I go here I swear it will be my last but yet i continue to support the local restaurants and want to see everyone here succeed. Five of us went in for lunch today, two ordered from the SPECIALS menu and others from the menu. The ham & bean soup that I ordered for my appetizer took over 20 minutes to arrive, the soup was good, the cornbread was as cold as the refrigerator it was pulled from. Our guest from Pittsburgh ordered the Pittsburgh Sandwich from the menu only to find out that after 25 minutes of waiting "we don't have an egg in the place"as she slapped down the menu and said can I get you something else? The meal arrives the chicken cheese quesidilla is burnt and dry, the teriakya chicken over rice looks like it has been sitting under a heat lamp hoping that the chicken would lay eggs for the Pittsburgh sandwich, my flat bread steak sandwich is dried out steak-umms with a packet of mustard and one of mayo and as there were no eggs in the place our out of town guest ordered a hamburger asa replacement. The final meal was deep fried cod sandwich and as well noted it is pretty hard to screw up a frozen piece of fish you drop in hot oil. The bestpart is that waitress never returns to see how things are and when we ask for the check and walk away from all but two bites of the steak sandwich, 1/2 of the quesidilla and most of the chicken and rice as she gathers the dishes she still never asks about the food. Somebody please remind me that the Classic Corner does a great job of catering they just cant get the restaurant down.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Great Small town Social Scene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is the place to go for all the students and young people on Thursdays nights! It is also a great restaurant during the day, and people can even rent out a private room and bar for a private party if they'd like to. The drink selection is pretty good, and smoking is allowed in the front atrium, as well as outside. The main bartender-Kevin-is great, and fits the description of the classic, friendly neighborhood bartender. Definitely stop by if you're ever in Steubenville on a weekend.

Visited December 2011
Rayland, Ohio, United States
“Owner made it right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

About a month ago four of us went in for a bite to eat. We placed our order and got our drinks. When my wife tasted her Blue Moon draft she said there was something odd tasting about it. Her friend tasted it and agreed that it tasted odd. We told the waitress and she brought her a different drink. We got our food and everything was fine with it. When we finished and got our bill we noticed we were charged for both of my wife's drinks. When I asked the waitress about it she said the manager said to do it that way. Needless to say we weren't happy but paid our bill and left thinking that will be the last time we go in there. Just so happened one of our friends who was with us that day ran into the owner and told him what had happened. He said that no way should we have been charged for the drink and that he would talk to the manager who was on duty that night. About three days later my friend got two $15.00 gift certificates from the owner, one for them and one for us. I was pleasantly surprised. This tells me the owner does care about his customers and needless to say we will go back.

• Visited June 2012