“Absolutely splendid!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Springfield
Columbus, Ohio
“Absolutely splendid!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We've stayed at this Comfort Suites several times and continue to return when possible as we are members of the Choice Privileges Club. This particular stay, we orchestrated a group stay here, as we needed accomodations for church members who were attending a meeting we were hosting. I am so glad the managment keeps up this property and makes it a place you're not ashamed to refer people to. All who stayed enjoyed it immensely and were equally impressed with the facilities. The staff performed excellently to accomodate our group and was very friendly.
A nice assortment is offered for breakfast. We did miss the lady who has serviced the breakfast over the past several years we have stayed here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SHANE P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review. We appreciate your loyalty to the Comfort Suites and we hope to see you again when you are in the Springfield Ohio area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pelham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Very clean hotel. Bed was comfortable. Nice space in the are of the fridge and microwave. Walking distance to Cracker Barrel. The bath tub is able to comfortably be used as such. (Not so in a lot of hotels). Right by the interstate, but you don't hear it at all. This was our second stay here and the only complaint in ether room was the sofas are VERY low. But we will be using this location again.

• Stayed December 2012
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently stay here for two nights while I was taking a class in at Antioch in Yellow Springs. This location was incredibly convenient to where I was going. I booked a king bed room with a hot tub in suite. The room was very very large, it had two couches-two coffee tables- a desk and chair- a dining table with 2 chairs- a kitchenette area with fridge and microwave- a dresser with large flat screen tv- the king sized bed- and a large hot tub in the room, as well as a regular sized bathroom with tub.shower combo. All this furniture in the room and still had a lot of room to spare. The room was very clean (except a champagne cork I found behind the table when I moved it to put my suitcase on it. No biggie). I will say the whole hotel was non-smoking which is great, but several pieces of the furniture had burn marks on them like the chairs and table. It didn't smell of smoke at all, just noticed the marks.

I'm a Hampton Inn regular and am accustomed to the free breakfast. Comfort Suites offers free breakfast as well but really fell short compared to what I'm used too. They had scrambled eggs and a breakfast meat each day but the eggs were so incredibly dry they were almost inedible. There was a waffle maker, some breads, yogurts dry cereals and fresh fruit. I ended up with fruit and toast each day because the hot foods (not counting the waffle) were so bad! Not a huge complaint since it is free, but just a warning not to have too high expectations.

There is a cracker barrel right next door which was a short easy walk to grab dinner. There's also a bob evans just down the road but it closes at 9pm everyday so not an option for late night travelers. The hotel is right next to the freeway but I didn't hear any noise at all in my room. The whole stay for me was extremely quiet and relaxing.

The staff was very friendly. The hotel does offer free wifi but I had to call the front desk to get the password. Thought they would have placed it in my room somewhere or on my receipt when I checked in or something. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in this area. I

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your positive review. I am sorry that the breakfast was not what you expected. We are looking at posibilities to improve this for our guests.
We hope you will consider our Hotel on your next visit to the Springfield Ohio area.
Rushville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently had the opportunity and pleasure to stay at your hotel. I am a regular at the Hampshire Inn. However they were full and recommended your Hotel. I found this to be a very nice stay. The rooms were very clean and being suites seemed a lot more roomy.
The breakfast was very nice for our early departure. Carol was very pleasant and helpful up on our check in and also in the morning out check out. I think that we have found a new place to stay when we come back to Springfield on our next visit

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your positive review We hope to see you if you are in the Comfort suites Springfield, Ohio area.
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

we stayed one night here while travelling through the area and were not impressed.
-the highway was very loud
-the toilet door hits the knees of the person sitting on the commode (who designed this bathroom?!)
-there is an overpowering chemical stench throughout whole room (didn't go away, even after hours of airing out with open window)
-so many kitschy plastic flowers and plants in every nook and cranny
-glass wall of 2nd floor overlooking lobby is bizarre.
-sheets were stained and ripped (but seemed washed)
-comforter was thrown on bed in such a way you weren't sure if someone already slept there
-hairballs from previous guests

the building is not shabby, but the details remind you that you're in a cheapo hotel. the chemical stench was off-putting. it smelled like a toilet cleaner spill (in the sleeping area?!)

Room Tip: request a bedroom as far away from the highway as possible! the noise is distracting.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I apologize for the isues that arose during your time with us. I am sorry they weren't up to your expectations. We appreciate your business and hope when your plans bring you back to Springfield you stay with us and give us the opportunity to give you a positive experience. Your feedback is appreciated and will be used to fine tune our operations. Thanks,
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed just one night in transit. Hotel is very near the highway and you can hear trucks passing all night long. Only room left for me was one with a verey large tub in the middle and a kitchen!
The room needed to be aired and was just ok.
Very nice staff. Swimming pool practically in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

our vehicle and several others were broken into & several items of value, that were not in view, were stolen. The entire car had been rummaged through thoroughly as if they had no concern of being caught. The hotel obviously had this problem in the past and were not concerned about the issue. They said they notified police but there was nothing the police or the hotel could do. I would recommend staying in another area besides Springfield if possible because of this problem I have heard about from nearby residents after our situation. Good luck and I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!