“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We are on our way to Indianaplis to see family. Last time we came througb we stayed elsewhere. Let's just say we were not impressed with that place. We Madeline our reservation on my phone. We were greeted by Debbie at the desk. As friendly and welcoming as humanly possible Pointed us to Dawn at the Hickory Inn. Great service. Great steak. Room was impeccable. Cissie, our housekeeper this morning also friendly. Breakfast was good and Natalie was both helpful and friendly too. If I have a criticism at all, I would have some disinfectant for the machines in the fitness center.
Enjoyed.

• Stayed January 2013
vos29, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I will let Debbie, Sissy and Natalie know of your kind comments. I'm sure it will make their day, like it did mine. If you are ever in the area again, we'd love to have you!

Connie Smith
Hampton Inn Springfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Every time we go to Cedarville University we try to stay at this excellent hotel. This is one of the best hotel in the area, but you have to make your reservations early. Even though the hotel was undergoing a renovation at this time we still found the hotel staff to be exceptional and the rooms nicely appointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
vos29, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel and for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and are in the process of making it even better for guest like yourself. We really enjoy seeing all our Cedarville Parents and that is a wonderful suggestion about making your reservations early. We look foward to your next trip! Thanks for staying with us!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here recently with 3 girlfriends who gathered to kick off the holidays and go to the shops at Yellow Springs (very quaint little town I might add), OH. Although the lobby was undergoing renovations and there were sheets hanging everywhere, it really didn't matter because the rooms were soooo nice and the service was as well. The rooms must have undergone their renovation because they were were tasteful and very clean. I love the fact that Hampton has decided to wash the duvet covers for every stay!!!!!!!!
The breakfast was well done but what made the experience was the food service gal (I think her name was Natalie). She was super nice and gave us tips for dining, seeing Christmas lights, offered directions and always greeted us with a smile. While we did not swim, the pool and hot tub area looked very clean.
I know the Hamptons are starting to show their age but this one has received a noce facelift and that coupled with nice employees makes this a great stay. I can't wait to go back and see the new lobby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
cctravelerlalalala, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear JoGelke,

I was delighted to read your review this morning on TripAdvisor. Thank you for all of your kind words regarding our property and our staff.
Each one of my team members is a valuable asset to our hotel. We also know that Natalie has one of the greatest impacts because she is the one constant that almost every guest encounters. No matter what time you checked in, or what floor your room was on, Natalie is always present in our breakfast area. She has been a real gem to the Hampton Inn since the day we opened our doors in May 1999. I will be sure to also pass on your comments about Natalie directly to her.
I can guarantee that when you and your girlfriends return, not only will you love the new lobby look, but Natalie will remember meeting you and greet you as a returning guest.
Thanks again for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn. We look forward to your next visit. We love having you here ®!
Destin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I work day and night shifts and try to stay at Hampton Inns & Suites where ever I can. I choose to stay at this Hampton Inn as it was the closest to my base. They were more then accommodating in finding me a room on the top floor away from most traffic. The room was perfect in every way and is the quality one would expect from a top notch Hampton Inn.

However, I leave quite early each day and I would find my car completely surrounded by tour buses and semi trucks. The night shifts were worse. I return around 0730 and then the noise starts. It seems each door has to slam shut and housekeeping insists on repeatedly hitting the base board, with the vacuum. But what really soured the stay was the carpet installers. As you guessed, there was no way possible to sleep at this facility....so I left and went to another Hampton Inn.

I did learn something though...stay away from motels with large parking lots! Sure sign of trucks and buses.

Hampton, a tip. Please adjust your doors so they do not slam shut. Other locations seem to be able to accomplish this.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
cctravelerlalalala, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Rotorhead100,

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate the fact that you are a loyal Hampton Inn guest. I wish we could have made your stay more enjoyable. It is quite difficult to schedule our renovations around various sleep schedules.

I have spoken with our maintenance department regarding the doors. They are going through each room and adjusting the closures to ensure that doors are not slamming shut. I met with the housekeepers during our morning huddle and conveyed your concerns regarding the use of their vacuums and banging them into baseboards.

This was an unusual time for us because we rarely have buses or trucks in our parking lot. I hope that your experience at the next Hampton Inn was as nice and they treated you with the same Hamptonality as we did.

If future travels bring you back to Springfield, it is my hope that you will stay with us again and see for yourself that this is not typical for us.

Ephrata, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Hamptons are always good but this one was new and very convenient to the highway and the people working there couldn't have been nicer! They were very helpful in directing two very tired travelers to a local restaurant that was delicious.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
cctravelerlalalala, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Linda K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your experience you had at our Hampton Inn. At this hotel, it is our goal to always display Hamptonality and it look as though we did that for you.

Thank you for xchoosing our hotel and I hope the next time your travels bring you through Springfield you will stay with us again.

Salem, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean, bathroom was spacious, and the free breakfast was much more than the average "continental" version. The beds were very comfortable, with lots of pillows. We did not have a chance to use the pool, and whirlpool, but they looked clean and well maintained. This is the second Hampton Inn I've stayed at and was extremely satisfied with both. The only minor issue was that there was no PayPerView movie channel as the website advertised, so we watched a movie on cable, instead.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear lthomas006,

I wanted to thank you for allowing us to be a hotel of choice when you visit Springfield. I am always happy to hear from our guests regarding their visit. I am glad you mentioned the PayPerView movies because I was unaware that our webpage still showed we offered them. I will contact or internet content team immediately and have this information updated.

Please return to us in the future and thank you again for your loyalty.

Wadsworth, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband, son and I stayed overnight here for a visit to Cedarville University (only 15 min. away). It was a little old, but very clean. Your typical Hampton Inn stay. It was also grandparents weekend at the univ. so the place was packed. But we had no problems. There was plenty of room and food at breakfast and everyone was very polite and helpful. This will be our go to place to stay overnight whenever we visit Cedarville!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cctravelerlalalala, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am very happy to hear that your stay was pleasant. We love our partnership with Cedarville University and appreciate our guests whether they are parents, grand parents, or athletic teams that stay with us to visit/play there.

We look forward to your future visits. If there is anything we can do to improve on upcoming visits, please let us know.

Jeff Fisher

Been to Hampton Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!