“Nice to give a good review for a change....” 5 of 5 stars

2X Points w/Your Stay!
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Springfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice to give a good review for a change....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here recently with 3 girlfriends who gathered to kick off the holidays and go to the shops at Yellow Springs (very quaint little town I might add), OH. Although the lobby was undergoing renovations and there were sheets hanging everywhere, it really didn't matter because the rooms were soooo nice and the service was as well. The rooms must have undergone their renovation because they were were tasteful and very clean. I love the fact that Hampton has decided to wash the duvet covers for every stay!!!!!!!!
The breakfast was well done but what made the experience was the food service gal (I think her name was Natalie). She was super nice and gave us tips for dining, seeing Christmas lights, offered directions and always greeted us with a smile. While we did not swim, the pool and hot tub area looked very clean.
I know the Hamptons are starting to show their age but this one has received a noce facelift and that coupled with nice employees makes this a great stay. I can't wait to go back and see the new lobby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
cctravelerlalalala, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear JoGelke,

I was delighted to read your review this morning on TripAdvisor. Thank you for all of your kind words regarding our property and our staff.
Each one of my team members is a valuable asset to our hotel. We also know that Natalie has one of the greatest impacts because she is the one constant that almost every guest encounters. No matter what time you checked in, or what floor your room was on, Natalie is always present in our breakfast area. She has been a real gem to the Hampton Inn since the day we opened our doors in May 1999. I will be sure to also pass on your comments about Natalie directly to her.
I can guarantee that when you and your girlfriends return, not only will you love the new lobby look, but Natalie will remember meeting you and greet you as a returning guest.
Thanks again for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn. We look forward to your next visit. We love having you here ®!
Jeff Fisher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Destin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I work day and night shifts and try to stay at Hampton Inns & Suites where ever I can. I choose to stay at this Hampton Inn as it was the closest to my base. They were more then accommodating in finding me a room on the top floor away from most traffic. The room was perfect in every way and is the quality one would expect from a top notch Hampton Inn.

However, I leave quite early each day and I would find my car completely surrounded by tour buses and semi trucks. The night shifts were worse. I return around 0730 and then the noise starts. It seems each door has to slam shut and housekeeping insists on repeatedly hitting the base board, with the vacuum. But what really soured the stay was the carpet installers. As you guessed, there was no way possible to sleep at this facility....so I left and went to another Hampton Inn.

I did learn something though...stay away from motels with large parking lots! Sure sign of trucks and buses.

Hampton, a tip. Please adjust your doors so they do not slam shut. Other locations seem to be able to accomplish this.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
cctravelerlalalala, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Rotorhead100,

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate the fact that you are a loyal Hampton Inn guest. I wish we could have made your stay more enjoyable. It is quite difficult to schedule our renovations around various sleep schedules.

I have spoken with our maintenance department regarding the doors. They are going through each room and adjusting the closures to ensure that doors are not slamming shut. I met with the housekeepers during our morning huddle and conveyed your concerns regarding the use of their vacuums and banging them into baseboards.

This was an unusual time for us because we rarely have buses or trucks in our parking lot. I hope that your experience at the next Hampton Inn was as nice and they treated you with the same Hamptonality as we did.

If future travels bring you back to Springfield, it is my hope that you will stay with us again and see for yourself that this is not typical for us.

Ephrata, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Hamptons are always good but this one was new and very convenient to the highway and the people working there couldn't have been nicer! They were very helpful in directing two very tired travelers to a local restaurant that was delicious.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
cctravelerlalalala, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Linda K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your experience you had at our Hampton Inn. At this hotel, it is our goal to always display Hamptonality and it look as though we did that for you.

Thank you for xchoosing our hotel and I hope the next time your travels bring you through Springfield you will stay with us again.

Salem, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean, bathroom was spacious, and the free breakfast was much more than the average "continental" version. The beds were very comfortable, with lots of pillows. We did not have a chance to use the pool, and whirlpool, but they looked clean and well maintained. This is the second Hampton Inn I've stayed at and was extremely satisfied with both. The only minor issue was that there was no PayPerView movie channel as the website advertised, so we watched a movie on cable, instead.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear lthomas006,

I wanted to thank you for allowing us to be a hotel of choice when you visit Springfield. I am always happy to hear from our guests regarding their visit. I am glad you mentioned the PayPerView movies because I was unaware that our webpage still showed we offered them. I will contact or internet content team immediately and have this information updated.

Please return to us in the future and thank you again for your loyalty.

Wadsworth, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband, son and I stayed overnight here for a visit to Cedarville University (only 15 min. away). It was a little old, but very clean. Your typical Hampton Inn stay. It was also grandparents weekend at the univ. so the place was packed. But we had no problems. There was plenty of room and food at breakfast and everyone was very polite and helpful. This will be our go to place to stay overnight whenever we visit Cedarville!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cctravelerlalalala, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am very happy to hear that your stay was pleasant. We love our partnership with Cedarville University and appreciate our guests whether they are parents, grand parents, or athletic teams that stay with us to visit/play there.

We look forward to your future visits. If there is anything we can do to improve on upcoming visits, please let us know.

oHIo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here during the Springfield Antique Extravaganza, very clean rooms, comfy beds, very quiet, super free breakfast, warm cookies on arrival, very friendly front desk personnel. We have stayed at 4 hotels at this exit and this one is the best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment and posting your experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back for future Extravaganza shows.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for Parents Weekend for Wittenberg College. It's a nice, clean and updated property. The location is very good. Only about 3 miles from the college and 7 miles from Yellow Springs. The beds are comfy and the towels are soft. There is a Bob Evans across the street and a Cracker Barrel behind the hotel. We did not use the pool area but the pool and hot tub looked clean and well maintained. We would stay here again when visiting!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Our Wittenberg families are special to us. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

I hope the next time you are in town, you will stay with us again. Next time bring your bathing suits and take time to at least relax in our whirlpool.

Jeff Fisher

Been to Hampton Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!