“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Springfield
East Coast
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel seems a little more updated than other Couryards. There was a restaurant and a bar in the hotel. We had the breakfast buffet one morning. It was just average. The pool looked nice although I did not swim. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. There were four pillows on the bed. My only complaint was the noisy air conditioning unit in the room. We couldn't hear the trains passing by because of the noise from the air conditioner. I guess I should have used the one pair of ear plugs that were provided.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
EastCoastRoadWarrior,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Courtyard Springfield Downtown. We’re glad you found our accommodations clean and comfortable during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the noise disturbance you encountered from the air conditioning unit. Your feedback is important to us as guest satisfaction is our number one priority. I will be certain to share your comments with our maintenance staff to make improvements for a more positive experience. We value you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hotel is in the renovated downtown area in an attractive building. Lobby is nice and clean with a bar and nice restaurant. One of the elevators was out of order so there was waiting time. The room was typical Marriott quality and decor with a wonderful bed and pillows. The only problem is the thin walls - do not get a room with adjoining door because I have heard talking to TV to other sounds all evening... There is also a train that must pass through frequently. Must have been a complaint previously because there are earplugs provided with a note that "if you are a light sleeper, earplugs are provided for your comfort." Problem is that I can't sleep with earplugs so I will just hope that my neighbors go to sleep soon...

• Stayed August 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
TataResa,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Springfield Downtown. We appreciate your feedback on both positive comments and opportunity for improvement. I apologize for the disturbance from the guests in the adjoining room. We hope that we are able to have you back as our guests so we get a second chance to give you a restful night of sleep.

Becky Krieger
Dundas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The staff are incredible! They really go out of their way to make your stay feel like a second home. The restaurant is the best in the city, and the Bar staff, namely Andy and Matt go beyond the call of duty to make sure that you feel welcome. The best hotel in town. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms and grounds are always very clean. 5 star rating in my books!

• Stayed June 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
JimmyCrowe,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Springfield Downtown. It’s wonderful to receive your kind comments about clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff and their excellence in service. I’ll be certain to recognize Andy and Matt for their hospitality and for going beyond the call of duty to assure all guests felt welcome. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

West Allis, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've stayed at this property many times over the years and it really is hit or miss. The rooms are nice, clean, comfy and good decor. The location is good. It is next to the train tracks, but it really isn't that noisy and they leave ear plugs in your room if needed. I have never had a problem sleeping here. The staff is always friendly. I have had a couple issues that weren't resolved by management. I have had the housekeepers walk into my room without knocking twice and forget to make up my room twice. Upon notification of these issues, the Management has never offered anything to make it right other than an apology. Makes it seem like it a common issue. I will continue to stay but hope they get the management & housekeeping issues under control.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train tracks if you feel it will interupt your sleep.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
WalterS,
Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate your patronage over the years and kind comments about our friendly staff, great location, as well as our clean and comfortable accommodations. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for any unresolved issues that you previously encountered. I can assure you this has been addressed with our housekeeping staff to heighten the awareness of such issues and improve our guest experience. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for writing.

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Was traveling with family and reserved a executive room with access to balcony and living area etc, however, they changed it upon arrival and gave a regular room. I am positive about it as they took time to change it for no reason, and when I ask what is the problem, they didn't have a valid reason.
When asked about later why I didn't get the room I reserved, they lied to me saying there is non available, however when try to reserve from the site, it shows available.
The room is okay, however, not happy with their service.

Room Tip: make sure if you reserve a room you get the same type.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
RD3003,
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that we were unable accommodate your initial request and provide you with the exceptional service you've come to expect from us. Details like this definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your stay. Your feedback provides us with opportunities to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. The staff is awesome. Room was large and very clean. Restaurant and bar very good. We had great experiences in the restaurant and the bar. Love the bread selection. service could not have been any better. Excellent value. 5 star service at a reasonable price.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
CaymangirlUsa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Courtyard Springfield. We appreciate your kind comments about our restaurant and bar, as well as our wonderful staff’s excellence in service. We’re happy you enjoyed your stay, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Got in late after a several hour drive. Front desk staff was over-the-top friendly (almost creepy). This Courtyard offers room service which is not always the case at a Courtyard. Room service was fast, hot and good with adult beverages :) Room was neat and clean with everything you would expect from a full service hotel, but in a Courtyard. The next morning, I had breakfast in the restaurant which was excellent and staff was very accommodating. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Get room service, not much around there at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Kaptain4,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Springfield. I’m pleased to know our friendly staff was accommodating to your requests during your stay. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the wonderful amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Becky Krieger, General Manager

Been to Courtyard Springfield Downtown? Share your experiences!