“Very large hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Springdale
Gahanna
“Very large hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed there for two nights had a suite ,two full beds and a joining room. All in all great stay the room needed some TLC, as you could tell it had been used a lot. Needed better sweeping and dusting. No T paper nor tissues not a problem as staff at front desk apologized for error.The pool was large and clean, concrete was crumbling on edge all the way around it.The breakfast was average at best , the waffle area was a total mess ,someone had burned the waffles and wasn't cleaned the entire time I was there. The attendant did a poor job of keeping food stock and area clean. I only drank coffee.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Garland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Jamie was Fantastic!! She was very helpful in every way!! Congrat's to La Quinta for finding her!! Room was clean Internet good also! Plenty of T.V. Channels! Best place to stay in the area!! Great Rate!!!

Room Tip: Just ask for a Rate that you need!! If possible and Rooms available they will work with you!! Great...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here (not by choice) for 3 nights recently. The room was really stuffy and kind of dirty. I had to run the AC constantly to get any kind of comfort. One evening I returned to my room and the bed was not made up. Since it was 5:00 PM I figured they just forgot to make the bed and that was confirmed by the front desk. When I mentioned this to someone I was traveling with in a another room they had the same thing happen to them on a different day. This is clearly a problem. Another problem was the really old bed. It was hard on the edges and really soft in the middle so you just kind of rolled into the middle overnight.

On the positive side the room was quite, even though I had a room directly opposite the elevator door(like 4' away). Breakfast was same old stuff that everyone serves - I never expect much in this area.

I am a business traveller that typically stays at Hampton and Holiday Inn Express and the cost difference between these properties to the La Quinta's is not so great that I would ever choose to stay at a La Quinta if I didn't have to.

• Stayed September 2013

Travelers are raving about these Springdale hotels

Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on two occasions (renting two rooms). I like to stay here and visit Pappadeaux Restaurant. Rooms were clean and good value. Check in experience was very good. Breakfast selection is a little spotty but OK for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Used my points while in the process of a local move. I was upgraded to a suite and it was a real sweet suite. Not the normal take out a bed and throw in a couch, but the room was much more square than the normal long thin room you get. This provided much more usable room and I really enjoyed it.

I've stayed in a regular room at this same hotel and in both style rooms in a Fairfield Inn and I prefer this arrangement.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Grove City, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I checked in Labor Day weekend, on Friday night. First the first floor hallway smelled like Urine. I got to my room settled down and ate my dinner. I went to plug in my phone to charge and I find a ball of aluminum foil behind the night stand with rotting food. Looked like housekeeping missed it for several days. At first I said ok, not that bad but then I pulled the sheets back to get ready for bed and they were dirty, looked like they had not been changed in a few days, there were black spots all over the sheets. That did it for me, I grabbed my stuff and went to the desk and spoke to the desk clerk. And told her what I saw behind the nightstand and that when I pulled the sheets back they were filthy. I did not want to move rooms, I just wanted to leave. And leave I did I went down the road to another competitor hotel.

The only positive part of it was that the desk clerk was nice and understanding why I would not want to stay and she just checked me out with out any charges, So I do say thank you for that.

But this place does need some serious work. When La Quinta is planning on doing a QA for this property, because it sure did not live up to La Quinta standards in my mind at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bartlett, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We moved 3 times to find an acceptable room. The first room smells bad, not sure if it is the old worn-out carpet not vaccumed or someone smoked when it is supposed to be non-smoking room. The second room was also rejected after we noticed that the linens on the second bed was not replaced at all. There are even hairs on the bed. The third room was not as bad as the first two rooms but still smells a bit - maybe from the old carpet that needs a thorough cleaning. I will never stay on this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Cincinnati North? Share your experiences!