“Disgusting/Smelly motel that needs help.” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Cincinnati North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12150 Springfield Pike, Springdale, OH 45246   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Springdale
Grove City, Ohio
“Disgusting/Smelly motel that needs help.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I checked in Labor Day weekend, on Friday night. First the first floor hallway smelled like Urine. I got to my room settled down and ate my dinner. I went to plug in my phone to charge and I find a ball of aluminum foil behind the night stand with rotting food. Looked like housekeeping missed it for several days. At first I said ok, not that bad but then I pulled the sheets back to get ready for bed and they were dirty, looked like they had not been changed in a few days, there were black spots all over the sheets. That did it for me, I grabbed my stuff and went to the desk and spoke to the desk clerk. And told her what I saw behind the nightstand and that when I pulled the sheets back they were filthy. I did not want to move rooms, I just wanted to leave. And leave I did I went down the road to another competitor hotel.

The only positive part of it was that the desk clerk was nice and understanding why I would not want to stay and she just checked me out with out any charges, So I do say thank you for that.

But this place does need some serious work. When La Quinta is planning on doing a QA for this property, because it sure did not live up to La Quinta standards in my mind at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bartlett, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We moved 3 times to find an acceptable room. The first room smells bad, not sure if it is the old worn-out carpet not vaccumed or someone smoked when it is supposed to be non-smoking room. The second room was also rejected after we noticed that the linens on the second bed was not replaced at all. There are even hairs on the bed. The third room was not as bad as the first two rooms but still smells a bit - maybe from the old carpet that needs a thorough cleaning. I will never stay on this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Arrived to find a hotel that is outdated and hallways that smelled of marijuana. Should have left right then and there. We went up to the room and appeared to be OK in terms of cleanliness at first glance, but don't let that fool you! I woke up to an insect on my pillow. Upon further inspection, I found begbugs ALL over the pullout couch. It was absolutely disgusting. The manager at the front desk refunded the money for the room but didn't care that we were put out in the middle of the night. It seems that they also knew beforehand of the problem because he nonchalantly said "oh yeah, we sprayed for bed bugs before." They did nothing else to ensure that we were taken care of or in anyway helped (which was especially awful as we were travelling with a baby). I will NEVER EVER stay at another La Quinta as long as I live.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is a little dated but it was clean and everything in our room was in good working order. It was an easy on/off from the highway in a good business type neighborhood. I felt safe there - the parking lot was well lit. Staff was courteous. Breakfast was typical continental style hotel breakfast with the waffle maker, toast/bagels, cereal, yogurt and apples. We spent three nights there so by the last morning we did opt to go out and eat to get some variety. There is an elevator which is nice for people who have trouble taking stairs, but there is NO pool.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The desk clerk at check in and check out were nice. I do recommend however that you DO NOT leave anything of value in your room at any time no matter how long or short you may be gone. Will never stay at this hotel or another La Quinta Inn ever again. Management showed no concern for "missing" items.

Room Tip: Do not stay here...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nice staff, nice room, nice stay. Obviously, not the Hilton, but it met all our needs. Would have liked to have had some kind of breakfast meat on the breakfast bar, but that wasn't a big deal at all.

Room Tip: The only thing I would recommend is to ask for a room on the back side of the hotel (opposite side f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

very good carpet was in need of a good cleaning/ the pet policy is outstanding and i believe the customers there during my visit that had pets were very happy i saw no issues with pets. location not great if wanting to spend time down town.
i was pleased with my visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Cincinnati North? Share your experiences!